JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

1984 Sing Praises to Jehovah, English 1.0.0

About This File

Scan I did of the 1984 songbook. Enjoy!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 16/9/2016 at 5:46 PM, rbrown1205 said:

I would like to get the songbook that was used when I was baptized in the early 70's.  I think it came out sometime in the 60's.  Does anyone have it?

This link will take you to the songbook audio files of the songbook you're referring to. (a.k.a the "pink songbook") If you're looking for the PDF of that songbook, I don't have it. But at least you can enjoy the songs. 

http://techdude5594.m.webs.com/site/mobile?dm_path=%2Findex.htm&fw_sig_premium=0&fw_sig_tier=0&fw_sig_api_key=522b0eedffc137c934fc7268582d53a1&fw_sig_permission_level=0&fw_sig=97bc79f26e00c341b2de44d14b10290f&fw_sig_potential_abuse=1&fw_sig_social=1&fw_sig_site=72794415&fw_sig_access_token=cc69be069b4c31e3b36cbe2940642894ddae39a7&fw_sig_session_key=6953831219839ac84ee586965125015a0b25c2b8c1662b135ee2e0c470d2800b-72794415&fw_sig_is_admin=0&fw_sig_url=http://techdude5594.webs.com/&fw_sig_time=1382333147834&fw_sig_permissions=none&fb_sig_network=fw#1323

For real, with total honesty...and complete truthfulness....I still miss the old pink songbook.  Oh boy, I just

pulled up the audio files...and sang  five of my favorites..... what memories....I only remembered half the lyrics though.:uhhuh:

Does anyone else have pangs of -separation anxiety-still, regarding the pink songbooks retirement?

Maybe it's because...Singing and Accompanying Yourselves with Music in Your Hearts was introduced

in 1966....and was used until 2012...46years in all and....during those years...some retiring, or revising

of certain songs and introducing new ones were published....but, the pink songbook basically

was intact...until we received our new "Sing To Jehovah" in 2012....that was a BIG CHANGE.

It was a hard change, but, we must keep on keeping on...no matter what!  Like the old saying goes..."Takes a licking and keeps on ticking."

p.s.  That saying was the tagline from an old Timex watch commercial.:)  Apropos I'd say!

The link to old pink songbook contains all the songs which are very good.  But is there a way to download them onto our devices to listen offline? Thanks.

Edited by Omo_Yeme

On 9/21/2016 at 2:59 PM, nanceebgd46 said:

For real, with total honesty...and complete truthfulness....I still miss the old pink songbook.  Oh boy, I just

pulled up the audio files...and sang  five of my favorites..... what memories....I only remembered half the lyrics though.:uhhuh:

Does anyone else have pangs of -separation anxiety-still, regarding the pink songbooks retirement?

Maybe it's because...Singing and Accompanying Yourselves with Music in Your Hearts was introduced

in 1966....and was used until 2012...46years in all and....during those years...some retiring, or revising

of certain songs and introducing new ones were published....but, the pink songbook basically

was intact...until we received our new "Sing To Jehovah" in 2012....that was a BIG CHANGE.

It was a hard change, but, we must keep on keeping on...no matter what!  Like the old saying goes..."Takes a licking and keeps on ticking."

p.s.  That saying was the tagline from an old Timex watch commercial.:)  Apropos I'd say!

I get it. I was baptized in 2011 at age 9, but I made my personal dedication from before I can remember. The brown book was the one I can still remember all these years later, even though I was 7 when we stopped using it. My mother told me to hum along because I couldn't read the words!

I must have been age 3 at the time.

When I started to be able to read, I was so aggravated that I couldn't read fast enough to keep pace with the music.