JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

YouTube Classics (Post a video... any video!)

:o:wacko:  :blink:  I saved the URL for this video and I intend to show it on the next training night. :unsure: 

Good call. Can you imagine if they were 3000# air bottles....Yikes!

BTW: If they were H2S or any poisonous gas, it's a good thing they were burning...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me music is very personal. As a child I was drawn to instrumentals. I can work and be productive all day if I listened to this! 

This early Jazz is so comforting to me. I hope some of you enjoy this link. So beautiful. 

https://youtu.be/j1bWqViY5F4?list=RDUTORd2Y_X6U

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

My, that is a well-trained little doggy. :D 

I taught my collie, Lacey, to shake her whole body when people asked her to shake.

To get her to shake paws, you had to hold out your hand and say, "Put 'er there, pal!" ^_^ 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

My, that is a well-trained little doggy. :D 

I taught my collie, Lacey, to shake her whole body when people asked her to shake.

To get her to shake paws, you had to hold out your hand and say, "Put 'er there, pal!" ^_^ 

some years ago I had a bible study and he had a big dog that was friendly to me

everytime he was around I had to shake paws  :)

EDIT: trying to assimilate your use of 'he' and 'she' instead of 'it' when speaking about animals  :D

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

My little doggie will get any toy, if I ask her to. However, if I specifically ask her to get 'the chicken,' she will get her fave toy: a chicken with one leg missing. I have  had to re-buy this model more than once. It's poultry in motion. Re: pronoun for animal - Having taught h.s. English for many moons, I can verify that the 'rules' state that the third person singular for animals is 'it.' However, if the animal and gender are personally known, 'he' or 'she' is generally used and accepted.

http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/questions-and-quandaries/grammar/how-to-handle-animal-pronouns-he-she-or-it

:offtopic:  My little dog will also raise her back leg to pat you, as her sign of acceptance and affection. People think they are going to get a shower, but it is a "leg of love" gesture.

Edited by kejedo

Re: pronoun for animal - Having taught h.s. English for many moons, I can verify that the 'rules' state that the third person singular for animals is 'it.' However, if the animal and gender are personally known, 'he' or 'she' is generally used and accepted.

http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/questions-and-quandaries/grammar/how-to-handle-animal-pronouns-he-she-or-it

thanks for the explanation

I thought about this for some time now, but forgot to make research on the subject. Now I did.

School trauma - I was taught that we always say "it" when talking about animals (in my native language there is no such neuter pronoun - just he and she). So, I thought that using he or she is just an american thing.

My little doggie will get any toy, if I ask her to. However, if I specifically ask her to get 'the chicken,' she will get her fave toy: a chicken with one leg missing. I have  had to re-buy this model more than once. It's poultry in motion. Re: pronoun for animal - Having taught h.s. English for many moons, I can verify that the 'rules' state that the third person singular for animals is 'it.' However, if the animal and gender are personally known, 'he' or 'she' is generally used and accepted.

:offtopic:  My little dog will also raise her back leg to pat you, as her sign of acceptance and affection. People think they are going to get a shower, but it is a "leg of love" gesture.

Are we ever totally on topic? Life would be such a bore. :)

In field service a householder's dog kept raising his leg on me so I would back up a step.

The women said "Don't worry, He doesn't bite."

My reply "I wasn't worried about his bite, I thought he was going to kick me!" 

:lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

thanks for the explanation

I thought about this for some time now, but forgot to make research on the subject. Now I did.

School trauma - I was taught that we always say "it" when talking about animals (in my native language there is no such neuter pronoun - just he and she). So, I thought that using he or she is just an american thing.

It sure is. North American English, South American English,and UK English have many differences in grammar; (vocabulary, obviously); and punctuation. In many cases, North American English is the least logical (imho),but it could have been much worse, had it not been for Noah Webster's American Spelling book. :offtopic:  I taught in a High School that was previously head-mastered by Daniel Webster. Two of my sons graduated from that school. Ah, sweet memories. 

Edited by kejedo

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to have something similar from NWT (or any other translation using Jah's name, psalms are pretty vapid without Jehovah's name) - all the psalms.  :uhhuh:

Like it is shown in 'Respect Jehovah's Authority', also.

Bro. Adelin - How beautiful those songs are!

And...Sis Pauline, I recall viewing a while ago a scene from an outing

on a picnic and transport every 10 seconds or so...I do not know just recall

how it amazing it was - too much for me to grasp though!

I love your link though...that is a saver! :D

Edited by CyreJay

• 2 weeks later...