JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

YouTube Classics (Post a video... any video!)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just in time for Super Bowl Season... (just kidding, not a football fan at all, too violent and simplistic and I have as much interest in the upcoming Super Bowl as a 100 year old tortoise, but these Bad Lip Reading videos are always hilarious... Please check them out!) :D

For some strange reason, my favorite quote out of all the madness is "I had a Chinese friend..." :uhhuh:

Edited by JayMusicGirl

On 2/4/2016 at 9:58 PM, JayMusicGirl said:

I have as much interest in the upcoming Super Bowl as a 100 year old tortoise,

I thought everyone loves a 100 year old tortoise...:mellow:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Nothing says "cute" better than a puppy dog in a teddy bear suit!56ba2b42a892f_Nogrinning.gif.e63eb7e6c9e

This is identical to my girl Peachy. She's blonde like this one is. The lashes are really as long as they appear here!!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 2 weeks later...

Every year I follow the lives of the study bears of Ely Minnesota. They have set up cameras in the dens where the hibernating bears have given birth to cubs through winter and film uploaded onto the website and youtube.

Dr Lynn Rogers, he has done very important educational work with black bears. He knows their habits and how to act around them so as not to startle them to attack.  He quietly had feeds them and deals with their radio collars and ear tags and takes people to meet them/watch them in their habitat when it's not the sport/hunting season.

Larger Brown bears/Grissly bears/Kodiak Bears/Polar Bears have no predators and can see us as a threat worth attacking, killing or even eating, whereas the Black bear rarely attacks as they are smaller prey animals. Black bears will attack if they are startled, if they think you are with-holding food, or they are males in breeding season when they are full of aggressive hormones and naturally fight more. Dr Rogers educates people how to act around black bears so that they don't see you as a threat.

Bear research can be sad work at times for Dr Rogers and those watching his work. There are people who dislike his work with bears as people get to understand the bears and it discourages hunting bears for sport.  Dr Rogers stays neutral in hunting debates, but gets falsly accused and hindered in his work by 'the hunting for sport lobby'.Those who want the sport to carry on uninhibited, deliberatley kill the study bears with radio collars on, so some of the bears with cubs I was following were lured to food by hunters and shot which was sad as you got to know the  female bears and cubs and named them.

http://www.bearstudy.org/website/

This bit of footage was of the camera in the den a few years ago when Lily - the mother bear, hibernated with her one year old daughter Hope. Lily gave birth to twins in the den and Hope helped her mother with the babies in the den:

• 1 month later...

I found this 11 minute YT video.  Apparently, this is a gathering of friends somewhere in Russia displaying their dancing talents while "out in the ministry."  Good to see them having a good time despite their present circumstances.  

Russian Jehovah's Witnesses Dancing

Sorry, I don't know how to upload the video within my post.

On 30.04.2016 at 7:32 AM, Omo_Yeme said:

I found this 11 minute YT video.  Apparently, this is a gathering of friends somewhere in Russia displaying their dancing talents while "out in the ministry."  Good to see them having a good time despite their present circumstances.  

Russian Jehovah's Witnesses Dancing

Sorry, I don't know how to upload the video within my post.

Looks more like they are having good time somewhere far from Russia..... As I see all signs are in English, muisc is also in English  edition and there are several  dark skinned sisters among public, that is very unusual here. 

Edited by campanula

spelling

"Absolute rubbish”

The story behind the cougar release video

PINE VALLEY, Washington County — The intense moments of a large cougar being released from a bobcat trap were caught on video, and the Division of Wildlife Resources employee talked about the unique experience.

DWR conservation officer Mark Ekins said he often responds to help trappers release cougars, which are accidentally caught in traps meant for coyotes or bobcats. Ekins said it is illegal to intentionally trap a cougar in Utah, and so when trappers discover a mountain lion in their trap, they are legally required to release the animal and report it to DWR officials within 48 hours.

While many of the large cougars are able to pull out of the traps and can free themselves, sometimes help is required to safely release the animal. Ekins said they prefer to use animal tranquilizer darts when possible, but that tranquilizers have to be kept in a main DWR office and he can't always get some when he is called to remote areas.

Ekins said it is fine for trappers to release the cougars themselves if they feel comfortable and can do so safely, but they must still report it to officials. He recommended that people contact DWR conservation officers for help in releasing any animal if they feel uneasy about doing it.

"It could be a potential dangerous situation," Ekins said. "Anytime they feel uncomfortable at all, we'd definitely rather them call us and allow us to help them rather than take a chance of injuring an animal."

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif