JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another special for trottigy!

I met my wife in Chiswick, West London today after she had been on a training course, and we dropped in to a local pub for a quick beer before heading home.

I saw this sign in the pub and thought of you, Jerry:

post-166-0-73483100-1377111844_thumb.jpg

Edited by bohemian

I am going to have to start wearing those tin foil hats to get them to stop reading my mind!!!

Did someone say - BACON!!   :bouncing:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I'll huff and I'll puff until those babies are on my grill!!   :chef:

If you guys really cared - you'd get me a "Bacon Alarm Clock"   :lol1:

http://bacontoday.com/waken-bacon-the-real-bacon-alarm-clock/

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 1 year later...

We butcher our own pigs and my littlest boy Echo, who is a small toy poodle, he literally goes beserk when we fry up some bacon, he thinks it is just for him. Yum!!

I had to read this outloud for my husband and Echo came running to me when I said "bacon". Probably what happens to Jerry's wife when she says it, Jerry comes running with his tongue hanging out. I think I'd rather have Echo. lol

Yes, I am allergic to green peppers - they make me burp all day.  :lol1:

Here is an interesting little research project - think of all your friends that are on "organic" & "vegetable" type diets - and ask your self about their health and then think about your friends who just eat whatever and ask the same thing. Then do a quick comparison of who has more health problems (or at least complains about them more :wink:  )  :eek:

There is a reason why my great grandparents cooked with LARD and lived into their 90s - where my parents (well, dad has already passed in his 50s) struggle with their health in their 60s and are eating all this "good for you" stuff!!!! Me I'm going to eat bacon  :) and just maybe that fire suppressant in my mountain will help with something  :chef: 

bon appetit

Soon .....

Mmmmmmm BACON. 

Saw in a contractors forum they made a bacon roll. it was about a foot long and 3" dia. Like a huge bacon stogie. Man it looked good.

Here it is.

http://www.fromtheblind.com/general-outdoors/the-bacon-explosion/

Yes in fact this is a coronary waiting to happen. What a way to go.

bacon-14-150x150.jpg

Edited by Greg Dent

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

On this years season of "The Great Food Truck Race" on Food Network one of the teams/trucks is named "Let There Be Bacon" :eek: and they made it to one of the final 3 :thumbsup: too bad they did not make the final :(

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Yes, I am allergic to green peppers - they make me burp all day.   :lol1:

Here is an interesting little research project - think of all your friends that are on "organic" & "vegetable" type diets - and ask your self about their health and then think about your friends who just eat whatever and ask the same thing. Then do a quick comparison of who has more health problems (or at least complains about them more :wink:  )   :eek:

There is a reason why my great grandparents cooked with LARD and lived into their 90s - where my parents (well, dad has already passed in his 50s) struggle with their health in their 60s and are eating all this "good for you" stuff!!!! Me I'm going to eat bacon   :) and just maybe that fire suppressant in my mountain will help with something   :chef:

bon appetit

Lol, nice try!!!

I have severely reduced my meet and I am eating more fruits and veggies and I feel pretty awesome!!!!!  I still eat meet as I can't get rid of that cause I love it, but I have reduced it quite a bit.

One of the reasons people probably had better health back in the day is because they were more physically active, air was cleaner, and they didn't have all the junk food and preservatives and hormones and pesticides being put in our food now a days.  And they probably had a lot less stress. 

Nothing wrong with eating meet, just also consume veggies and fruit with it.

Bacon is definitely one of my favorites.

Edited by ava

Lunch today - BLTs   :chef:   :bouncing:

post-272-0-38707900-1411592041_thumb.jpg

EDIT - Oh and salad  :wink:  - I saved some bacon for that too  :) 

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Chinese noodles, scrambled eggs, frsh jalapeño peppers and fresh tomatoes on top, tamari on it, with bacon on side! My treat meal as long as we have tomatoes in the garden. And if I really want to go uptown, I will put bacon topping on the bacon and bake it.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!