JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

It doesn't have so much to do with the bagging area as it does with the "unexpected" message the self-checkout gives - because "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition" .... it is a take-off on a well used Monty Python joke

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

12 hours ago, Qapla said:

It doesn't have so much to do with the bagging area as it does with the "unexpected" message the self-checkout gives - because "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition" .... it is a take-off on a well used Monty Python joke

Aha! Okay, mystery finally solved. (tu) Chris' picture was very ambiguous. I am somewhat familiar with Monty Python, but had never seen that Spanish Inquisition skit. Thank you.

When I opened the front door this afternoon there was a turkey on my porch, I must have scared him because he left a little present on my doormat. ^_^

I took a picture of him walking across my front yard. I live in a residential area next to a Mall and a freeway, I've seen wild turkeys in our territory but this is the first one I've seen in my neighborhood.

58b3a2aaabef4_wildturkey.jpg.b8af8bb82bae8884710e162da17b10f1.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, Precision said:

Image result for run turkey funny

...and them citified folk....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

IMG_1168.JPG

This is when she's 10 months old she cannot walk yet she's just holding on and posing for the picture. LOL

Edited by Gi-Gi

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

1736792_286086444873260_443324816_n.jpg        

This is Greta...The Theocratic Dog.  In Russia a elderly sister brings her along out in service   for protection.   

Especially in areas where Witnesses are not often welcomed. As our sister preaches the Good News,

Greta sits patiently and helps present the magazines.            

Edited by Precision

Haha...Greta the dog reminds me of an experience that happened when I was a child.  My mother and I, along with a couple other friends were working a block of houses when suddenly, we saw this mean-looking dog barking and charging straight at us! The couple ran for cover, I got scared and ran up to a nearby porch. But my mother?...Ha, she wasn't taking nothing from no one that day.  Anyway, she had her field service bag (with Bible, books and magazines so one can imagine that it had some weight to it), took a defensive stance, and as soon as the dog came up to her, she swung that bookbag so hard--but the dog ducked!  Then my mother took one or two steps and swung the bag with such force that it finally hit the dog square in its' face.  He let out a big yelp and retreated in the opposite direction!  As if nothing happened, she called for me to come and take the next door.  :unsure:

I suppose that birthing 9 children can make you fearless in some aspects.

6 hours ago, Precision said:

1736792_286086444873260_443324816_n.jpg        

This is Greta...The Theocratic Dog.  In Russia a elderly sister brings her along out in service   for protection.   

Especially in areas where Witnesses are not often welcomed. As our sister preaches the Good News,

Greta sits patiently and helps present the magazines.            

You never heard of a sheep dog?

According to SpaceWeather.com, geomagnetic storms will be hitting earth for the next couple of days.

Which means, great auroras for those in the North.

:o

corona_strip.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

4 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I would like to experience this. Pictures are great but being there must be jaw dropping. Maybe someday.

In 1991 during September there were fabulous Northern Lights that you could see in southern Ontario, however up along Georgian Bay it was spectacular most of the month.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

7 minutes ago, pnutts said:

In 1991 during September there were fabulous Northern Lights that you could see in southern Ontario, however up along Georgian Bay it was spectacular most of the month.

From the map I can guarantee I'll never set foot there in this system. That's wayyy over there!

Something else I noticed because of the map, Detroit is on the Canadian Boarder? Or does it just look like it?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Georgian+Bay/@45.3230162,-92.1933035,5.21z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4d2c870d37c773bf:0x3c4476f363d00790!8m2!3d45.4061848!4d-81.1131806

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

39 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

From the map I can guarantee I'll never set foot there in this system. That's wayyy over there!

Something else I noticed because of the map, Detroit is on the Canadian Boarder? Or does it just look like it?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Georgian+Bay/@45.3230162,-92.1933035,5.21z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4d2c870d37c773bf:0x3c4476f363d00790!8m2!3d45.4061848!4d-81.1131806

Nope.  It really does border Canada.

In fact, you can take the Detroit–Windsor Tunnel under the Detroit River,

and drive out of Michigan, USA and into Ontario, CAN.^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit–Windsor_Tunnel

transportation201011Detroit-Windsor-tunnel.jpg.c0a548c662bfed21e30e68085baf79b6.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

In fact, a good "trick question" is to ask someone - If you go DUE SOUTH from Detroit, what is the first "FOREIGN COUNTRY" you come to?

I have had people say Cuba, Mexico, several South American countries as well as entirely "off-the-wall" answers - but seldom does anyone say CANADA - which is the RIGHT answer.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~