JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

15 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Ready for my May 26-28 RC. So ready.

RC.thumb.jpg.95d75646b23892cc42a040d6ae59c18a.jpg

I got notebooks made too. I gave them to a couple sisters. Just have to be spiral bound. 

I cant wait either. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

I laminated the cover sheets and had them bound on top so the binding doesn't get in my way during note taking. Staples did 4 of them for under 20.00. It was seriously too much money when I had them laminate then bind, I think it was almost triple the cost. I had sticker shock- being a wee bit of a tight wad. The extra 3 are for my gal friends.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

38 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I laminated the cover sheets and had them bound on top so the binding doesn't get in my way during note taking. Staples did 4 of them for under 20.00. It was seriously too much money when I had them laminate then bind, I think it was almost triple the cost. I had sticker shock- being a wee bit of a tight wad. The extra 3 are for my gal friends.

We usd to have a Staples about 60 miles south of us but they close that store. Now I go to Office Max. Talk about sticker shock. 

Absolutely, they charge a huge price for something so simple. My laminator is about 5 years old, I use it a LOT, so it's paid for itself many times over. Next I was eyeballing a spiral binder machine. There are some really simple one that you hand thread, still thinking if it would pay for itself. Would I guess if I did binding for some of the friends. But I don't have a cutter for the binding on soft books so still thinking. (I'm more of a do it myself person)

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Well, I got some sad news the other day. 

Within the last 10 years or so I decided to sell my precious horse Bree. He was the black/white I never thought expected to have. He was a wonderful horse and the couple that took him home lived him as well. 

Easter afternoon Bree started to colic. They worked with him till 1 am Monday morning. Bree no longer had any fight in him. 

Sound familiar Ross?? Still painful sometimes.

On a more humorous note...Like any horse, Bree had his quirks. Like guard rails. He'd stare them down while side stepping away thinking they were gonna jump up at him. 

Or when we rode to a lake and we'd walk into the water and stop to help cool all the horses  feet down. Bree would start pounding the water with one leg than the other leg. My jeans/boots would be soaked by the time he was done. But I'd be laughing the whole time. 

I'm gonna miss yah, son. 

Bree is the black/white and the other horse was his stable mate.

IMG_0242.JPG

Felt like a slug today so what did I come across? This little fellow. Also came across some unusual looking dandelions. When I come across creation I always ask why! Interesting and loving that Jehovah made his creation in abundance along with human curiosity!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

How can I like both when I only like the thistle?

I'm having a slug-fest out in the garden. Have 4 pans out there with cheap beer in them to catch slugs, have so many in each one! Even after it's been raining so bad they're going in. Didn't know they'd go for it diluted. I want to plant my peas but it's been raining so much I'm afraid the plethora of slugs will eat my babies down in one night. Need more beer.

slugs.jpg

4 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

How can I like both when I only like the thistle?

I'm having a slug-fest out in the garden. Have 4 pans out there with cheap beer in them to catch slugs, have so many in each one! Even after it's been raining so bad they're going in. Didn't know they'd go for it diluted. I want to plant my peas but it's been raining so much I'm afraid the plethora of slugs will eat my babies down in one night. Need more beer.

slugs.jpg

Two slug photos in arow! Yours and mine!

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

I tried that one night.  The next morning, all the tins were shredded.  Was thinking I had some BAD slugs, until a skunk came staggering out of the bushes.

The skunk had eaten the inebriated escargo, or drank the beer and shredded the tins.

I figure that is where the term 'drunker than a skunk' came from. :D

Gotta love that old Mother Earth News garden tip about drowning your  garden pest woes in beer.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

8 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Gotta love that old Mother Earth News garden tip about drowning your  garden pest woes in beer.^_^

What! You give the beer to  slugs? Wish I had understood, would have save gallons of beer drowning my pest woes....burp!  :drink:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

snails.png.a5d1bd6f0019b947e3130cb06baae5c5.png

#8 Give Them Some Beer

Beer traps can be an option. Take a wide, shallow jar and put in a little beer. Bury the jar in the soil to the neck level.

Prop up the lid using a small stick to avoid rain diluting the beer. Leave enough space for the snails and slugs to enter the trap.

#9 Put Crushed Eggshells Around Plants

Crushing egg shells and sprinkling them around plants works sort of like diatomaceous earth. Egg shells will also act as soil amendments when they decompose and is a plus.

https://plantcaretoday.com/naturally-get-rid-of-slugs.html

42 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Smooth like a butter ... 

Really! Course you weren't flying in one of those rubber band planes. 

I went from Denver to Cortez, Colorado in one of those little planes and that thing did everything but roll over onto its back the minute we were over the Rockies. Now, I don't not mind your typical turbulence, but to tell you how scared I was, I kept saying: "Jehovah keep me in your memory." 

One guy got air sick :sick:. Poor thing when we finally landed he was just grey. 

I almost kissed the ground. O yuck only the pope does that. :lol1:

O and this was after----we were given clearance for take off. Vvvvrroooom! Slams on the brakes. Our lady pilot wasn't all that communicating with us. Finally she says we have to go back to the terminal something's not right.

After about 2 hours we were finally airborne again. And than the above happened. Didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.