JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

6 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Our lady pilot wasn't all that communicating with us. Finally she says we have to go back to the terminal something's not right.

Yup, I hate it when you forget to use the bathroom before a long trip...:scared:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Apparently these 10 companies own most of the consumer product stores in the world, but I don't see Blue Sun anywhere....:D

5900b016687d1_10Companiesowneverything.png.0a06cc817630a810cab050008a6ee209.png

5900b04969f7b_BlueSun.jpg.a987fc8824431b93509ffa1136454350.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

20 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

snails.png.a5d1bd6f0019b947e3130cb06baae5c5.png

#8 Give Them Some Beer

Beer traps can be an option. Take a wide, shallow jar and put in a little beer. Bury the jar in the soil to the neck level.

Prop up the lid using a small stick to avoid rain diluting the beer. Leave enough space for the snails and slugs to enter the trap.

#9 Put Crushed Eggshells Around Plants

Crushing egg shells and sprinkling them around plants works sort of like diatomaceous earth. Egg shells will also act as soil amendments when they decompose and is a plus.

https://plantcaretoday.com/naturally-get-rid-of-slugs.html

Hey Lucy, last year was a huge slug year too. I remember walking off the patio and seeing a whole trail of slugs coming toward my house, I mean the GIANT slugs like this. I got the salt shaker and killed 23 of those things!!close-up-of-a-child-holding-a-giant-spotted-banana-slug-in-a-forest-BDBB0X.thumb.jpg.444af8eed0fc13aa603d7cebb02273bb.jpg Walked around the yard and sprinkled another 20 plus, can't remember how many.

I also do egg shells and diatomaceous earth as well and they just paraded right through. CHEAP beer is the ticket. They, at least Pacific Northwest slugs, don't like good beer. I put out some of my homemade and some bought stuff and they snubbed their noses at it. But the cheap, and it appears diluted, beer seems to work best. 

Aren't they just icky?

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Here is an interesting phenomenon I was able to catch last year.  There are two suns in the sky and I couldn't figure out where the second light source was coming from. Obviously some reflection somewhere though not apparent where.59011e920fecb_fromtheboardwalk.jpg.5606dfe1e8020317ac69015dd0950936.jpg

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

13 minutes ago, Vincent said:

Here is an interesting phenomenon I was able to catch last year.  There are two suns in the sky and I couldn't figure out where the second light source was coming from. Obviously some reflection somewhere though not apparent where.59011e920fecb_fromtheboardwalk.jpg.5606dfe1e8020317ac69015dd0950936.jpg

Were you visiting Tatooine?

According to Wikipedia, Tatooine orbits two main sequence binary stars Tatoo I and Tatoo II. 

:)

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

51 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Hey Lucy, last year was a huge slug year too. I remember walking off the patio and seeing a whole trail of slugs coming toward my house, I mean the GIANT slugs like this.

Have you tried sprinkling catnip in their trail and then inviting a bunch of stray cats to come over and play?

Or..put out some cheap beer for your drunk skunk and put some hot sauce on the slug trails, who doesn't like a slug dipped in hot sauce with their beer?

It might not work but it would be entertaining...:lol:

2 hours ago, Vincent said:

That is a natural phenomenon called sundogs.  

Ice crystals in the atmosphere refract the sun's light, causing impostor suns on either side of the real deal.  

If the dark clouds weren't in the way, you would have seen three suns.

250px-Fargo_Sundogs.jpg.fc16a6db5bbe705264fb01ba9b1c8028.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I'm currently in the beginning stages of a grasshopper plague. Two years ago I mistakenly 'befriended' George, the first grasshopper. Then George moved in his mate, then mini-Georges were sprouting up everywhere, eating every filament of green in my tiny garden, including the passionfruit - leaves and fruit!!

This year, George and his ilk are not welcome, so I'm using the heavy artillery bug spray  (choke, choke).

tmp_18705-images-861499858.jpg.f3704cfae4d2d04f857965e4c5b8c533.jpg

I know, he does look cute.

7 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I'm currently in the beginning stages of a grasshopper plague. Two years ago I mistakenly 'befriended' George, the first grasshopper. Then George moved in his mate, then mini-Georges were sprouting up everywhere, eating every filament of green in my tiny garden, including the passionfruit - leaves and fruit!!

This year, George and his ilk are not welcome, so I'm using the heavy artillery bug spray  (choke, choke).

I know, he does look cute.

sounds like you need to bring in other friends to balance out the grasshopper problem. Call in some spiders and frogs/toads/birds . A variety of different insects is the sign of a healthy garden. but the problem for many is -WE DONT LIKE BUGS!!

I didn't want to spray because that kills the spiders and other 'good' insects.  But if I wait too long, I lose another crop of passionfruits, the only decent plant in my tiny courtyard.  As it is the frangipani's leaves are almost all eaten, so no fragrant flowers this year.  And they're quick too!  But I still think they're cute, just wish they didn't breed, and eat lots.

5901d361bfba2_rabidgrasshopper.gif.600635c20d9f771e53a0dee58c0d3089.gif

I guess it's a similar situation with cherry trees and birds. There's that short timeframe between when they are ready to pick and when all the birds are come around and do all the picking for you. One day you notice that they are all ready and ripe to pick and before you know it, they are all gone and your standing there with your container in your hand and mouth open , looking for a bird to throw your container at in frustration. 

Dandelions array our walking area in Banks,Oregon. There are so many things in life, even an imperfect one that we take for granted. The ability to see, hear, smell, feel and imagine. How many times I recall the dandelions at my grandma's house. Holding a dandelion under your chin as a child to see if you like butter.  We do have to get old in this system, but I will always be young at heart....and thinking of grandma...

WP_20170427_12_53_30_Pro.jpg

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

Not my photo. These are the Grand Teton Mountains in Wyoming, USA. This is my idea of paradise with a healthy body. I enjoy a few months of cold weather that would allow outdoor ice skating. It would be fun to snowshoe, cross country ski & downhill skiing just to name a few . Of course I am willing to go where Jehovah directs!

image.jpg

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

Saw these cows out in service yesterday. The brother called them Dutch something or other. But was with my adopted mom & dad and dad's brother who is a farmer told me they are "Belted Galloways".  Just checked and they think they were crossbreed with the Dutch Lakenvelder. So maybe the brother was close. 

IMG_0259.JPG

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

47 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Saw these cows out in service yesterday. The brother called them Dutch something or other. But was with my adopted mom & dad and dad's brother who is a farmer told me they are "Belted Galloways".  Just checked and they think they were crossbreed with the Dutch Lakenvelder. So maybe the brother was close. 

IMG_0259.JPG

We have been told they are a Dutch Bellows but I've never looked i up. We have a lot in our area. It;'s funny, last week I saw a herd of them and I was going to take a picture and post it...

EDIT: Found it. They are a Dutch Belted...   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Belted

Edited by Tortuga

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

IMG_0259.JPG

This what they look like in California after a couple of earthquakes....:lol:

Cow.jpg.9263d672d0a8bd4ba4caa84bf41e7e8c.jpg