JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

On 6/20/2017 at 10:22 AM, Old said:

Friday while watching the sunset I got a glimpse of the "green flash". I have viewed it several times. A glimpse is all I ever see as the duration is very brief. My Wife, standing beside, me has never managed to get a glimpse of it. It is very hard to photograph and it wasn’t until 1960 a color photo was successfully achieved. Prior to that time many scoffed at it’s existence, a claim that you had seen the “Green Flash” would change the conversation to unicorns and the like. See — https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_flashFriday

It occurred to me that I was privileged to view a wonder of Jehovah’s Creation that very few humans ever see.

Have any of my  forum friends witnessed this phenomena?

Photo by Chris Desselles

Green Flash.png

I have not personally but my daughter has seen it.

IMG_1550.PNG

Took Ms. Charlotte to the big pool and taught her to swim in 2 days...actually it was the end of the first day because the second day she kept pushing me away and swimming on her own.  

Edited by Gi-Gi

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

13 minutes ago, Gi-Gi said:

IMG_1550.PNG

Took Ms. Charlotte to the big pool and taught her to swim in 2 days...actually it was the end of the first day because the second day she kept pushing me away and swimming on her own.  

A regular little cuddlefish.^_^

And cute as can be.:D

Thanks for sharing!

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Are you sure they are dandelions? There is a look-alike and they seem like they might be..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Dove said:

Are you sure they are dandelions?

Are you talking about the tall yellow weeds that are all over the field, yes those are dandelions!

Here is a fun shot before I got the shot of the dandelions, Smaug decided to interject himself into the photo!

Smaug sticking his nose in the photo.jpg

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

1 hour ago, DancesWithWife said:

just a day with Fibromyalgia fog!! Whole day was a blur.

Are you sure it was FMS and not your ordinary west coast fog? :perplexed:

:whistling:"Welcome to my world":whistling:

On 2nd thought. Get out. It is crowded enough in here. :help:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

They don't look like they have a hollow stem, and I can't see the jagged leaves, but I can't really enlarge the picture enough..I love dandelions but they have so many imposters. I wish I could get them here, they are so nutritious.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

7 minutes ago, outwalkin said:

49 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

I try not to overthink the  issue!

Sorry. I just like wildflowers. :)

No worry's! No reason to say sorry, no offense. 

1 hour ago, DancesWithWife said:

I try not to overthink the  issue!

Okay, just so you don't throw the leaves and flowers in a salad, or make a tea from the leaves, or coffee from the roots, or tincture any part of them, because all parts of the dandelion are edible;  not so with the look-alikes. 

But it is a nice picture of a field of yellow flowers...:)

25 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Sandra, Lew goes put and pops those dandelions from time to time, I'll save you a bucket!

Thanks, but if you could use them in all their wonderful ways I think you'd like them  :)

1 hour ago, Dove said:

Okay, just so you don't throw the leaves and flowers in a salad, or make a tea from the leaves, or coffee from the roots, or tincture any part of them, because all parts of the dandelion are edible;  not so with the look-alikes. 

But it is a nice picture of a field of yellow flowers..

Thanks for the tip