JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A Dolphin asking for help

A Dolphin Asks a Human for Help!

We have seen animal rescue, but rarely have we seen the animal search for humans to save it!

On a night-time dive near Hawaii, 2 divers were found by a bottlenose dolphin and started to swim around them over and over again. When looking closer, one of them discovered the reason for this strange behavior - the dolphin had a fishing line hooked around it, hindering its ability to swim.

They cut him free, and the dolphin swam away, relieved. The fact that a dolphin would come to humans for help is once again evidence of its amazing intelligence, as most injured animals would never come close to a human and would actually be aggressive and defensive. This is amazing to watch and a life-time experience for those two divers, who got to share a moment of true understanding with a wild animal.

beautiful. I'm tearing up watching this precious creation,

once again free to swim and play  :crying:

one day I hope to learn what their grin is all about

they always look like they have a secret  :uhhuh:

thanks Chuck

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

As heart warming as this is, I want this system to be just over. In Jehovah's due time, I know, but how many animals who need rescuing don't get that rescue? Thanks for sharing. There is so much about Jehovah's creation we do not know. One day, it will be all okay. In the meantime, there is a dolphin....and we know why that particular one has that, "grin"!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

• 1 year later...

After watching that it makes me think that the animals communicate with each other.  We know Dolphins are known for their personality and interactions with humans.  But do you ever wonder if perhaps a dolphin that has not sen a human has heard stories from other dolphins and recognized that someone was there that could help them?  

Never mind,  It was fishing line he was wrapped up in so he has probably seen other humans.  I just know that my dogs BRING other stray dogs to our home and I think when they encounter them (strays or dumped animals) that they say "Hey, follow me to my home and my Mom and Dad will feed you and love you.  Give you a good nights rest"

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!