JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library - app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3538 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have just downloaded

The videos. But the galaxy just shuts down. Is there an app or anything I can do please?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I have just downloaded

The videos. But the galaxy just shuts down. Is there an app or anything I can do please?

This may not solve your issue, but my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 did this a couple of times in a row last night. I was ready to try the install recommended above (post #441), when I realized that my "Screen Rotation" on the tablet was set to off. The videos play in landscape mode, but my tablet was set to "portrait" only. Every time I tried to play one, the screen would go black and JW Library would shut down. As soon as I turned the screen rotation on (by swiping down from the top of the tabled and turning it on using the shortcut), it adjusted correctly and the videos began playing. Not sure if yours is as simple a fix as that, but worth a try.

It is really great when brothers and sisters who can afford an upgrade and are able to give their used tablet or smartphone to a person who does not have the funds

maybe that is something we can keep in mind on this site. If some of those trusted ones find out about a need, they can make it known in case someone has one to give. They give you squat on those tech trade in programs, i'd rather give it to one in my brotherhood. Pioneers espcially who live on limited income could really benefit.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

NEW update today for the audio :) Will play the sound even if ringer is set to silent. Great for the ministry! Thank you again Jehovah!

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

And there was a new update this morning for iPad. The videos will play even if you have the mute switch on. 

Be careful when you are at the meetings  :eek:  . Make sure your volume is turned down as well as the mute switch on (if that is your set-up - I use my switch for rotation lock).

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

And there was a new update this morning for iPad. The videos will play even if you have the mute switch on. 

Be careful when you are at the meetings   :eek:  . Make sure your volume is turned down as well as the mute switch on (if that is your set-up - I use my switch for rotation lock).

With my android tablet, I had this problem long before any of the updates on JW Library. If my volume was all the way down and on mute, if I taped a video, I would have to turn the volume down again because the volume settings are bypassed when selecting a video OR the speaker button in a book. Yes, this happened at meeting.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I use the "persist" app to control all of my volume settings. I have not found an app yet that can overwrite it's settings. It takes a little learning but once you figure it out and create your "volume profiles" it works great. I have a "mute" and "sound" button on my desktop and when I hit the mute button, nothing can change it, not even the system volume controls or the up and down volume buttons on my tablet. Everything is locked by persist. I highly recommend it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=netroken.android.persistfree&hl=en

Edited by Musky

I don't know if this is the proper forum for this: is this a new thing, having pics with the wol library. It's for the July 2013 article. I never noticed this before. It's a good thing.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I don't know if this is the proper forum for this: is this a new thing, having pics with the wol library. It's for the July 2013 article. I never noticed this before. It's a good thing.

post-4555-0-21376500-1407560872_thumb.jp

post-4555-0-41541100-1407560892_thumb.jp

post-4555-0-56273700-1407560913_thumb.jp

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

They have been there for a while. I think almost a year now. It is nice having them. They (the pictures) are the main reason I still keep my paper bound volumes.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Last few days been helping some of the older / not so tech savvy ones in the hall to download the videos on the JW app to their Tablets / smartphones, such a great resource to play the videos on the ministry to interested ones! 

Time is a great healer. Unless you've got a rash, then you're better off with ointment.

Holly - Red Dwarf

This week after giving and explaining a householder the tract, I asked if I may show them a short video that's also on the website. She said yes and as I opened the app to get to the video she was confused and asked "Wait, is this a website or app you're talking about?" And then I explained the app, the bible... But she was very impressed.

Has anyone else had a confused householder?

This week after giving and explaining a householder the tract, I asked if I may show them a short video that's also on the website. She said yes and as I opened the app to get to the video she was confused and asked "Wait, is this a website or app you're talking about?" And then I explained the app, the bible... But she was very impressed.

Has anyone else had a confused householder?

No but I've had quite a few brothers and sisters get confused regarding JW Library App and WOL accessed through JW.ORG. The conversation will usually start out the same, "Why don't I have 6 bibles when I go to the Bible?"

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Jewelz, on 01 Aug 2014 - 9:51 PM, said:

NEW update today for the audio :) Will play the sound even if ringer is set to silent. Great for the ministry!

... not so great for the meetings! :headphones:

we usually get a few tablets talking in our Hall,

now we may get a few more...

no problem, it brings a light chuckle :upsidedown:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16