JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library - app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3517 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This app is for Windows 8. Does this include smartphones running windows 8 too? I know of someone looking for it and couldnt find it. I have an iphone and got it last night tho. :D

Yes.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Wow in the US Apple App Store it is at number one with over 7500 reviews that's great!

Thanks for posting.

It's only at number 35 in the UK with only 800ish reviews.

I wish Apple had a worldwide App Store without devideing by country so we could see the total.

Is that how the Google store works, a worldwide store, or is it devided?

Wow in the US Apple App Store it is at number one with over 7500 reviews that's great!

Thanks for posting.

It's only at number 35 in the UK with only 800ish reviews.

I wish Apple had a worldwide App Store without devideing by country so we could see the total.

Is that how the Google store works, a worldwide store, or is it devided?

That's divided also... but in Android you can always install a moded play store that is international :D

This app is for Windows 8.  Does this include smartphones running windows 8 too?  I know of someone looking for it and couldnt find it.  I have an iphone and got it last night tho.  :D

No. Smartphones run Windows Phone 8. The app is not available fro Windows Phone 8 at this time.

The app will not install on my win 8 pro 64 bit desktop ( actually a tower ). Since I get win 8.1 free :D in a few days, I'm going to do a clean install and try again ( I will use the migration wizard on windows 8 dvd for my programs, the best yet ).  Maybe by then some other features such as bookmarking, etc will be working

It installed on my Windows 8 Home 64bit tower with no problems.  I just had to wait a little for the different Bibles to install.

However I do not have enough storage space to put it on  my Samsung galaxy Y mobile.

Edited by bohemian

I was reading 1 chronicles on the new JW app and came across the word "hamstrung", which means to cut the hamstrings for the sake of crippling either a animal or person! I'm glad words like this were left in the revised NWT! It keeps me on my spiritual toes:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This app is for Windows 8.  Does this include smartphones running windows 8 too?  I know of someone looking for it and couldnt find it.  I have an iphone and got it last night tho.  :D

No. Smartphones run Windows Phone 8. The app is not available fro Windows Phone 8 at this time.

The online help form found at the bottom of the JW Library page shows Windows Phone 8 as one of the OS choices. So if it's not there now a version must be in the works. 

My husband and I have discovered some interesting features with this app and no doubt will find more..it is more extensive than we thought at first glance.

One thing is the little grey pointer at the top left (this is on galaxy Note phone and tab 2 tablet)..tap it and a window drops down with a list of all 6 Bible translations so you can select the one you want to read in the main window! One is our Reference Bible..that sure would lighten my bookbag for the meetings!

Another point is that when a scripture reference appears in your second window it is like WOL..Then if you tap the actual blue scripture it goes to the Bible as red underlined text! WOL has all red letters...very similar..

Also, I like the magnifying glass option at the bottom of the maps!

Still exploring...any one else see something interesting?

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

My husband and I have discovered some interesting features with this app and no doubt will find more..it is more extensive than we thought at first glance.

One thing is the little grey pointer at the top left (this is on galaxy Note phone and tab 2 tablet)..tap it and a window drops down with a list of all 6 Bible translations so you can select the one you want to read in the main window! One is our Reference Bible..that sure would lighten my bookbag for the meetings!

Another point is that when a scripture reference appears in your second window it is like WOL..Then if you tap the actual blue scripture it goes to the Bible as red underlined text! WOL has all red letters...very similar..

Also, I like the magnifying glass option at the bottom of the maps!

Still exploring...any one else see something interesting?

you don't need the magnifying glass just pinch to zoom like you do on the regular photo gallery

one thing I like is touching over the verse number... then you can choose to see the other 6 bibles translation, the notes or the references on the right panel by pressing on the appropriate button on top of that right panel

you don't need the magnifying glass just pinch to zoom like you do on the regular photo gallery

one thing I like is touching over the verse number... then you can choose to see the other 6 bibles translation, the notes or the references on the right panel by pressing on the appropriate button on top of that right panel

Yes..thanks..but if you want to read in the actual bible..the pointer gives the choice!

cat2_e0.gif

Good news for those of you that want to install this new app on your desktop computer that is running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7.  You can use Bluestack, that makes your Operating system appear to be an android.

Go to this link:  http://www.bluestacks.com/ and install it. I did and it works as well as the one on my tablet.

Good news for those of you that want to install this new app on your desktop computer that is running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7.  You can use Bluestack, that makes your Operating system appear to be an android.

Go to this link:  http://www.bluestacks.com/ and install it. I did and it works as well as the one on my tablet.

Thanks Joan ~ does this work for Windows phones also?

cat2_e0.gif

Great suggestion. I couldn't get the Windows 8 version working inside my virtual machine so this will work for now.

Thanks Joan ~ does this work for Windows phones also?

Bluestacks only works on Windows and Mac. I still think there will be an official WP8 version.

The Faithful Slave has given us this wonderful app which is fully capable of keeping up with today's technology. This app did not come about overnight. They had to have seen quite a while back that the tablets could be an extremely useful tool in the ministry. How nice to be able to read the verse using our translation, then from a translation with which the householder is familiar.

With many tablets capable of connection to the internet, how wonderful that we have so many languages on our website. What an incredible way to show someone our literature in their language. We have many people in our congregation's territory who live "off the grid" (with no electricity). Yet most of them have iPhones or tablets containing a chip to connect wirelessly to the internet, and an automobile to recharge the battery in the device.

Certainly the internet has many questionable sites, but it can be a two edged sword. We can use it for good rather than for bad.

I used to make my living programming in computer languages that no longer exist and even tho I'm an old girl, I have always tried my best to keep up with computer technology. So, all these wonderful gifts we have been given by the Faithful Slave absolutely delight me.

Edited by Goldenoldie

‘So keep yourselves in expectation of me,’ declares Jehovah. (Zephaniah 3:8)

The Faithful Slave has given us this wonderful app which is fully capable of keeping up with today's technology. This app did not come about overnight. They had to have seen quite a while back that the tablets could be an extremely useful tool in the ministry. How nice to be able to read the verse using our translation, then from a translation with which the householder is familiar.

I agree. That will be great!

And apostates will no longer be able to say we are not allowed to read other bibles lol.

We have our own app that includes other bibles!