JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A typo found in the new NWT 2013 ooops

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3668 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Do you remember this one.

attachicon.gif71 NWT.jpg

Although this was not a type-o, it definitely needed revised. What's odd is that it survived so many printings and revisions. It was always good for a good laugh.

lol! I never seen that :P

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Hey Friends, these will be collectors items from an event that was one of the best of my life, so far. I still look at that bible, and smile. It is still something that is special, we loved our bibles before, but now we REALLY love them. So, typos and all, what a gift. As we tumble into the end of this system, Jehovah gave us a Bible that just crawled into our hearts. Could there be a more timely gift? I will answer my self. (I am getting to that age, you know) I think not.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Do you remember this one.

attachicon.gif71 NWT.jpg

Although this was not a type-o, it definitely needed revised. What's odd is that it survived so many printings and revisions. It was always good for a good laugh.

Oh my goodness. Poor John. And we get to give him a hug and tell him how much his loyalty has meant to us. And he knew Jesus. Can you imagine?

I know any typos need to be corrected, and revised, down the road. But I got out my collection of cards I try to use with the friends, and sent one to the printing department, and by the way to the GB, too. This was something that was so personal, (to how many hundreds of thousands?) and we thank Jehovah, contribute, and appreciate it among ourselves, and I just had to thank a human. Inconsequential, I know, but....

Many years ago I saw a brother give a talk where he had a large piece of white poster board on a stand. On this board was a spot/dot/mark large enough for those in the back of the audience to see. It was slightly off center and not quite round.

He asked what people saw -

Many friends raised their hands and he called on quite a number of them. The first few said they saw a "dot" in the "middle" of the board. Then came the ones who pointed out that it was not in the middle ... and the ones who said it wasn't a "dot" since it wasn't round. There were several descriptions of the shape and the placement of the mark.

When the audience started to give out and repeat answers already given the speaker finally said something like "Although it is true that the mark is off-center and not quite round, isn't it amazing that considering the size of the mark compared to the size of the board, no one saw all this white?"

While it is true there may be some "typos" in the RNWT, I have not really noticed them because I am to busy noticing all the wonderful new wording to notice the few typos there may be. - In other words, I am looking at all that white instead of concentrating on the "dot".

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 4 weeks later...

OK: this was a fun read for a newbie...well, for me anyway as a newbie! 

Still so overjoyed with our newly revised Bible that I can't talk about 'that day' without laughing and crying all over again, and loving doing so! What a wonderful God is our God Jehovah to throw us a surprise party complete with gifts! How many more wonderful things does he have in store for us? Have to be there through all eternity to find out!

OK: so I finally watched the video clip of the Annual Meeting for the first time, and I was totally 'there' again! What a beautiful reminder of the most special day of my life as one of Jehovah's Witnesses...along with baptism of course!

As for the "Number" issue...I am amazed that anyone found it at all, and so quickly too! I'm not generally the sort who would have noticed, but while we humans are not perfect...Jehovah is. So he allowed a little error to go forth and he also allowed one of us who is NOT a member of The Slave to discover it and share in the perfecting of our 2013 revision, and so how cool is this? He really DOES want and cause us to work shoulder to shoulder with him! WOW!!!!! What a God!!!!!!

I really love my "OOPS" Bible, nothing will make me give it up, now its a novelty Bible for my personal and ministry use.  I did though, go to JW.ORG and download the corrected version.   Looking forward when I get my large print, maybe some of your good eye sight will find more, but does it really matter?  I guess it will if the slave tell's us down the road that we can give these Bibles out, but by that time, things will have been corrected.    There is nothing out there that can compare to the gift Jehovah gave us at that annual meeting!   Nothing!!    It has Jehovah's love front, inside, back cover all over it.  You guys made me laugh, the "OOPS".   I always enjoy coming in the forum where dear friends like you make my day.   Thank all so much, and for pointing that out.  I checked my copy out and yes, in Numbers there was the "OOPS."  I love it!

Interestingly, the printed Bible we received at the Annual Meeting says: "August 2013 Printing." Shortly after the initial release, the brothers posted the corrected "October 2013 Printing" on the website.

They must have found some more "oops" afterwards. The one online now says: "November 2013 Printing."

Thats interesting.  I recently heard that the reason why we have not received our supply of bibles was because of some "delay".  See if we get the November printing editions.

Also the new PDF is 1/2 the size, From 56mb down to 28mb.

Edited by Jonathan77

I found only two changes in the November 2013 printing:

1. Page 4: Older copyright years removed. Now only 2013 is presented as a copyright year.
  2. Page 1040: The reference in Jeremiah 5:7 removes the duplicate entry for Joshua 23:7. In previous printings It is referenced as "Jos 23:6, 7" followed directly by "Jos 23:7."

I found only two changes in the November 2013 printing:

1. Page 4: Older copyright years removed. Now only 2013 is presented as a copyright year.
  2. Page 1040: The reference in Jeremiah 5:7 removes the duplicate entry for Joshua 23:7. In previous printings It is referenced as "Jos 23:6, 7" followed directly by "Jos 23:7."

Woww! How did you find those? I knew there was a new edition uploaded, but I never knew what the changes were. Did you compare every page from 1 to 1800 looking for differences?

Thats interesting.  I recently heard that the reason why we have not received our supply of bibles was because of some "delay".  See if we get the November printing editions.

Also the new PDF is 1/2 the size, From 56mb down to 28mb.

I noticed the smaller PDF size too.

But a note about the "November printing editions" you mention: We don't know yet if there will be a November printed edition. It wouldn't make any sense if they're going to produce a new edition every month! On page 4, compare the number of printed copies in the original we got from the Annual Meeting, and in the new November edition. They're both the same. That would suggest they haven't printed any of the newer uploaded editions... yet.