JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Search - jw.org

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3821 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I really wish our jw.org site had a "Search" feature.

It doesn't - yet.

BUT - I found that if I go to Google and type jw.org and THEN what I am looking for - it usually comes up as one of the first 2 or 3 options. Mind you, there are usually several apostates sites listed after that, hence why I wish IT had a search feature.

How do you find things on jw.org?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

You're doing it wrong. Go to Google search and type....

site:jw.org keywords

... and then all the results will be exclusively from jw.org and apostate free ;-)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

... and then all the results will be exclusively from jw.org and apostate free ;-)

Thank you!!!!!

(I keep forgetting how to do this. I'll have to try to remember.)

Thank you. WHY don't they have a search??????  (note: rhetorical and not really needing an answer - unless you actually have one  :wave:  )

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Thank you. WHY don't they have a search?????? (note: rhetorical and not really needing an answer - unless you actually have one :wave: )

I could imagine there is a reason behind not having a search feature inside the site. I believe the site is organized mainly for the wordly people (much like the public WT or the Awake!) With that in mind we must think that the search feature is a way to particularize information from the whole. But what the slave wants is the oposite! When someone goes there with a question in mind they want the person to go from the particular to the whole... that's how I see the information organized. You can see on the bottom several "find" this or that... and from there a person can learn about a lot of our teachings not just the specific information

Off course for us, if we want to search on one of the exclusive online content, a search feature would be good... I see your point ... but Bob's suggestion is great on that

I do  too. They used to didn't they, before they changed their site.

I  maybe wrong or missed the announcement at our DC. & I assume most Friends have had their DC.

"There was going to be a new feature from January to make it more easier to search for different topics & family studies etc."

Making JW.OrG more friendly. That's what I thought I heard announced. I had my 4yr old sitting near me at the time.???

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."