JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Arkansas mystery of dead birds and fish...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4849 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Florida, Texas, and Kent (UK) now added to the list.

to back up

It's the Aflockalypse: More mass animal deaths see thousands of fish found floating in Florida and 200 birds dead on Texas bridge

Thousands of fish found floating in Florida after cold snap

200 birds found dead on highway bridge in Texas

50 dead jackdaws found on city street in Sweden

100 tons of sardines, croaker and catfish wash up dead on Brazilian coast

Hundreds of fish dead in New Zealand

And in Britain, 40,000 devil crabs join list of casualties

More and more animals are being found dead as the mysterious spate of mass bird and fish deaths has turned into a global phenomenon.

The latest two separate incidents saw thousands of fish found floating in a creek in Florida and 200 birds found dead on a highway bridge in Texas.

Last updated at 1:54 PM on 6th January 2011...dailymail.co.uk:eek:

to back up

It's the Aflockalypse: More mass animal deaths see thousands of fish found floating in Florida and 200 birds dead on Texas bridge

More and more animals are being found dead as the mysterious spate of mass bird and fish deaths has turned into a global phenomenon.

The latest two separate incidents saw thousands of fish found floating in a creek in Florida and 200 birds found dead on a highway bridge in Texas.

Thanks Sian,

well my first thought was man maybe having done something with earths magnetic fields or temperature/pollution changes as the ice caps melt... I certainly believe the demons can and go to the limits of what Jehovah permits and delight in messing with people's heads.

There's more to come no doubt - so glad I'm in the truth and none of this will freak me out...

I certainly believe the demons can and go to the limits of what Jehovah permits and delight in messing with people's heads.

It was a distinct possibility in my mind, which I am relieved to see I am not the only one :) Thanks Lisa for the scriptural reminders. And its so great isn't it that we don't have to get freaked out about it, whatever the cause!!!!!

Florida, Texas, and Kent (UK) now added to the list.

to back up

Approx 2 million fish found dead in Maryland - http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/06/maryland.fish.kill/index.html?hpt=T2

Thanks for that interesting article. Unsurprisingly, the same reason has been given for earthquakes. ie. Technology available today has made the information more accurate and available, and the same angle was used in the article I read sometime back which tries to soften the reality of earthquake prevalence, saying the only reason why we perceive an increase in earthquakes is because the reporting has improved.. (sorry, I cant reference it at this stage)

took this point out of article...

So what's happening this time?

Blame technology, says famed Harvard biologist E.O. Wilson. With the Internet, cell phones and worldwide communications, people are noticing events, connecting the dots more.

"This instant and global communication, it's just a human instinct to read mystery and portents of dangers and wondrous things in events that are unusual," Wilson told The Associated Press on Thursday. "Not to worry, these are not portents that the world is about to come to an end."

Wilson and the others say instant communications — especially when people can whip out smart phones to take pictures of critter carcasses and then post them on the Internet — is giving a skewed view of what is happening in the environment.

and I liked this readers comment....

"In the past week alone there have been probably a dozen mass die-offs ranging from the tens of thousands, to the hundreds of thousands, to the millions and not just in the U.S. but world-wide.

I don't buy the explanation that these things have always happened and we're just now hearing more about it thanks to modern technology. Why? Because it's not like the internet was invented yesterday, its been around for well over a decade and I can't recall hearing about so many mass die-offs in such a short period of time. If these sorts of things always happen, then why didn't we hear more about it last year or the year before? Why so many in such a short period of time? I honestly think the authorities are being too dismissive of this pattern and that it is wrong to just dismiss this whole thing as being business as usual"......

I wasnt going to mention it, but as Sian kind of brought it up.

Rapid reporting systems have been in place for more than decades (eg Reuters) and Independant and Organized Enviromental Protection bodies have been around even longer. If there was any inkling of a shock worthy report in the past, the media would have jumped at the opportunity. Surely?

Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 2Pet 3:4

(Ezekiel 38:22-23) . . .. 23 And I shall certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.’

We are very close to his magnification.......people will know his name and look for him. The question is....Are they going to do it in time so they could survive?

::o another one from dailymail.co.uk

Mystery of mass animal death epidemic deepens after 8,000 turtle doves fall dead in Italy with strange blue stain on their beaks

Thousands of dead turtle doves rained down on roofs and cars in an Italian town in the latest in a growing spate of mass animal deaths across the globe.

Residents in Faenza described the birds falling to the ground like 'little Christmas balls' with strange blue stains on their beaks.

Initial tests on up to 8,000 of the doves indicated that the blue stain could have been caused by poisoning or hypoxia.

Some readers comments...

"This is just the beginning, I don't reckon we've seen anything yet."

- Sharon, Oldham, England, 7/1/2011 9:39

"The reasons given make it seem the 'Experts' are trying to cover something up..."

- Sam , York, England, 7/1/2011 9:41

"Whatever is killing these animals could eventually kill us just a matter of time" .

- jane, Sheffield, 7/1/2011 9:46

You can follow this mistery on googlemaps:

Google Maps dead birds

Gr.János

Great resource! The three in Florida and the other two immediately north are right on the ocean! Incidentally, when the BP oil spill happened in the gulf, there were a lot of local reports here in S FL of a northern "jetstream" that would take the oil spill from Key West and bring it north to our beaches (if the spill ever were to reach south to the keys). It was always assumed that because no oil washed up on this side of Florida that the spill was contained to the gulf, especially around Louisiana.

The other points located in the southern US could easily have been fed by the oil spill, if the water were to go up the Mississippi River.

Compare Janos' posting of the Google Map of mass animal deaths against this link I googled of the Mississippi River system - ( http://bacshortly.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/maps.jpg ).

I'm no expert, and I have never heard this anywhere else, but all of the occurrences here in the U.S. look like they could be easily related to the oil spill.

I'm no expert, and I have never heard this anywhere else, but all of the occurrences here in the U.S. look like they could be easily related to the oil spill.

as said in another thread on here... it's probably not coincidences (people just latching on with weird news stories in a slow news cycle) has anyone else heard the news story that Tampa airport in FL, USA had to close one of it's runways to adjust for the flux in the earth's magnetic field?

Pole Shift Causes Runway Closure

To my understanding, no other airports in the country/world have had to do this... (not sure why) but anyway, don't birds use magnetism to navigate? Who knows what the real answer is... probably a combination of many things: oil spill, "natural" changes/magnetism shifts, fireworks. For sure we know this is probably just the tip of the proverbial iceberg...

2010 was a strange and deadly year... I'm sure 2011 will be no less.

Nice list in a 1993 watchtower on the composite sign marking Jesus' presence.

Twenty-Four Features of the Sign

1. Unprecedented warfare—Matthew 24:6, 7; Revelation 6:4

2. Earthquakes—Matthew 24:7; Mark 13:8

3. Food shortages—Matthew 24:7; Mark 13:8

4. Pestilences—Luke 21:11; Revelation 6:8

5. Increasing lawlessness—Matthew 24:12

6. Ruining of the earth—Revelation 11:18

7. Love cooling off—Matthew 24:12

8. Fearful sights—Luke 21:11

9. Inordinate love of money—2 Timothy 3:2

10. Disobedience to parents—2 Timothy 3:2

11. Loving pleasures more than God—2 Timothy 3:4

12. Love of self dominates—2 Timothy 3:2

13. General lack of natural affection—2 Timothy 3:3

14. People not open to any agreement —2 Timothy 3:3

15. Self-control lacking at all levels of society—2 Timothy 3:3

16. Widespread loss of love of goodness —2 Timothy 3:3

17. Many hypocritically claiming to be Christian—2 Timothy 3:5

18. Excessive eating and drinking by some —Luke 21:34

19. Ridiculers reject the sign—2 Peter 3:3, 4

20. Many false prophets are active—Matthew 24:5, 11; Mark 13:6

21. Preaching of the good news of God’s established Kingdom—Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10

22. Persecution of true Christians—Matthew 24:9; Luke 21:12

23. Cry of peace and security to climax the last days—1 Thessalonians 5:3

24. People take no note of danger—Matthew 24:39

Fearful sights have been specifically commented on in the publications to include the atomic bombs of the 2nd world war.

Looks to me like its just no. 23 to go?

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. -Matthew 24:29. This was in my mind when I said its after great tribulation. I am sorry, I think I confused it with Luke 21:11 were it says signs will be present before tribulation:chinese:

No problem my brother, I thought you may have been thinking down the Matt scripture. Isn't this a great list, I had completely forgotten about it and stumbled on it when I was double checking things. You had me going there for a while :) Has anyone come across a more recent version as comprehensive as this one?