JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mobile Bible Conversation Center...Guadalajara, Mexico.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3753 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Woo Hoo! I want to drive it! What a great classroom in wheels! Who came up with the concept? The closest I have ever come to thinking about a service vehicle was designing one where everyone would have their own door and be bullet proof. We go into hostile rural area here. Our CO meeting with the pioneers last year had to be rescheduled because a group of them were filling out a report with the sheriff because a householder was firing shots at them,

Hey -that puts the Pope Mo ole to shame! Our vehicle used to promote Jehovah's Kingdom message and the other used for the pope to wave at his fanfare. What a contrast!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

This is really neat. I like some of the new and innovative ways of witnessing that we see being implemented these days (about time!). I wanna do a 30 minute TV spot on the local TV :P

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 2 weeks later...

The closest I have ever come to thinking about a service vehicle was designing one where everyone would have their own door and be bullet proof. We go into hostile rural area here. Our CO meeting with the pioneers last year had to be rescheduled because a group of them were filling out a report with the sheriff because a householder was firing shots at them,

Leslie, we also need it to be 4 wheel drive to get down some of the dirt roads around hear and if it could turn around 180 degrees, like some of the riding lawn mowers, so we can get out quickly if need be. haha

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, so cool!!

It reminds me of the old pictures we see sometimes of the witnesses in the 1930's or 40's driving in their cars with signs and the speaker thing on top of the car.

yeah, i remembered that too... i think they call it sound car...

"May Jehovah bless you and keep you."

- Numbers 6:24

Also in the downtown  of Tijuana in Mexico, is taking public preaching with displays and posters, the branch in Mexico chose to
Tijuana in this part of the country, as it is the most visited city in the world
well as people who are Mexican languages ​​spoken in this city people speaking Chinese, English, Italian, Japanese, Korean languages ​​is among some

I wanna do a 30 minute TV spot on the local TV :P

Not quite the same, but a few years back, a brother was the general manager of a local news station, and, in the wee hours of the morning, you could see our videos being played.

This is wonderfully amazing! It reminds me of a food truck only in this case it's a spiritual food truck. I love the way the sides open up for study and information. Hey Wendy, is that an album your uncle has in his hands?

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Yes they used to have portable phonagraphs actually supplied by the branch in 1933/34 they were 33 1/3-rpm recordings of Brother Rutherford . They went to the portable ones that gave short talks on various subjects.... If you look up Phonographs in the Proclaimers's book there is quit a bit of information of those days .

Proclaimers's pg. 87, 558, 721 ( fascinating history)

In the picture of my uncle you can see the phonograph on the ground ! I still have one of my dads cousins who is alive and I could listen for hours as they recall those days and the zealous efforts they put into the ministry .sometimes in the dead of winter on the prairies when the weather was so cccccold ! If you notice the wagon in the picture is pulled by horses , the brothers travelled in those days and lived out of the little trailer . Doing their cooking over a camp fire and sleeping in the open ...... Winter they would ask towns people for lodging in a barn just to get out of the bitter cold. True pioneers !

Any good experiences with this?  Are the friends taking the initiative to start up the conversations?  In my area we have been doing literature carts/table.  It's set up so that those passing by may be attracted to the message, but we were instructed locally not to strike up conversations.... Let them do the asking.  Not to much success.  I love the way this one is set up.

• 2 weeks later...