JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3250 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Thanks Jasmin!

All hearts and prayers are turned towards this project and I think the numerous updates reflect that the slave knows those of us, thousands of miles away, far across the ocean still care very deeply about it and love to see all the friends working for Jehovah. ONLY in Jehovah's Organization!!

So they are working on Tuxedo in order to get that ready to later work on the bigger project of Warwick, is that right? I thought Tuxedo was finished and they had already started Warwick. Guess I better go back and re-watch the videos.

• 10 months later...

I just watched this this morning and I'm so impressed with how fast the work is moving!  I had no idea they were using outside contractors either!  What a great witness for all those outside who come into this kind of work environment - I'm sure they eat with the brothers and sisters too FREE of CHARGE!  There have got to be some wonderful experiences that come out of all this.  I was shocked at how fast the parking garage went up too!  If they could only have a mild winter, this project could be way ahead of schedule!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

When I was there, the outside contractors were not eating with the rest. In fact, they discouraged us from socializing much as - any suggestion an individual said about the project could have been taken as a request by "the JWs" and could be seen as a request by the branch and then the contractor could charge an add-on fee.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Wow, they really do think of EVERYTHING! They have a lot of experience with this sort of thing and I'm sure it's the wise thing to do.  Hey do you think they got all those great arial views by using drones?

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

They used outside contractors for a portion of 90 Sands in Brooklyn as well, so I'm sure there is a protocol in place to discourage "T&M" requests. (Time and money)

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

In addition to the other points I like that they work 7 days a week on the project.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Thanks Chuck,

I had checked the website in the morning when I did the morning text and they had not put up the video

yet. That is one of the things I appreciate about the forum. It keeps you abreast of what is going on, even

as the change from yesterday morning until afternoon.

Now as to video itself. It was so enjoyable to  see the progress they have made on the project. This is

especially true after last year's terrible winter. I wondered how it effected the progress on the building. So

I really appreciated the fact they addressed that question in the video. I am impressed by how much they

have accomplished to date. I wonder if they are ahead of schedule ? And whether that may be as the result

of using outside contractors. I think that is a very interesting point. I remember when our family visited Bethel

back in 2005 the sister who was giving us the tour made the point that the Society had found that many times

using outside help was the course of wisdom, due to their expertise that we didn't have. I think that is a growth

in humility, because for so many years we believed and acted as if the brothers were superior to the world

in almost all ways. Now we have recognized this is not true.

One question I will ask to others reading this thread. In the last scenes of the video, where a younger brother

is discussing their plans with an older brother. Is the older brother Bro. Losch ? That is what it looked like to me.

Opinions everyone ?

GStorrs46

It was definitely Bro. Lösch standing atop the roof looking at the construction prints.

Edited by MzT

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Yes, it was definitely Br. Losch. And I ask this question again - they had some spectacular arial views in that video - do you suppose they used drones to get them?

Don't know myself but it would be more cost effective than a helicopter or airplane.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25