JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3249 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

hear is an email form my friend 

Dear Friends and Family,

It’s been another week here in Warwick and a lot has gone on. As I mentioned last time I was put on the 2ndwork shift that go’s from 3pm to 2am. It turns out that we are part of a pilot program in which they are trying to get this shift off the ground so that they can have it up and running smoothly by this summer. With that said there’s a lot of thing that they are working on for this work shift because it’s not as simple as just letting workers on site at that time. There is also bus and shuttle drivers needed to get workers to and from the site, Kitchen personnel to provide meals, on site safety and first aid along with many others, so it’s a lot that is needed to iron out before they start sending many more to work this shift. Being that we don’t start work now till 3pm we miss out on having breakfast and morning worship at 7am with the rest of Bethel but the brothers have lovingly provided us with a replay of the morning worship program each evening so that we don’t miss out on the more important spiritual feedings.

Another thing that has changed is the weather, when I first got here it was still winter, there were no leaves on any of the trees, it snowed a few times and in was in the mid 30’s. Well Spring has instantly arrived and there are green and blossoming trees everywhere, flowers popping up and it in the mid 70’s. It as if Jehovah woke up one morning, flipped on a switch and told everything to wake up. It’s amazing how quick the change was (see photos attached)

It reminds me of how quickly Jehovah will react to this system we are living in. We living a very dark and cold world, many people don’t  think that will change  but we know that Jehovah is going to step in very soon and when he does he will change the world from a dark and cold place to one full of new life , bursting in color and beauty, that we can enjoy forever. This change doesn’t come about by our doing, it’s all Jehovah. We just need to stand firm and watch as it all unfolds.  We are not able to change the world but we can help one’s in it, to be able to be part of enjoying the new world by going out and preaching the good news, giving of our time and energy in this way is the greatest thing we can do with our life and the best gift we can ever give, so friends it may seem at times like this world is going to stay dark and cold but never forget that Jehovah has everything scheduled to happen at just the right time ,just like the wonders of spring.

Photo description:

Photo 1 is of one of the electrical distribution rooms we are working on when we start in that room. Photo 2 is what it looks like when we’re done. As you can see there is a lot of pipe that needs to be cut , bent and installed in these rooms .

I am thinking it is more likely a 32 meter concrete pump truck with stabilizing arms outstretched. Many years working the business end of those buggers.

Interesting thought on the concrete.

But I caught another brother who hasn't read his dictionary.

Go ahead and lookup "bugger"  in the dictionary.

I just thought you should know.

Go ahead and lookup "bugger"  in the dictionary.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bugger

a small or annoying thing <put down my keys and now I can't find the buggers>

If you're following the "Urban Dictionary" definition (the top Google result), then we'd have to invent an entirely new language, since virtually every English word has been turned into a slang for something nasty.

bug·ger 1 (bŭg′ər, bo͝og′-)

n.

1. Vulgar Slang A sodomite.

2. Slang A contemptible or disreputable person.

3. Slang A fellow; a chap: "He's a silly little bugger, then" (John le Carré).

v. bug·gered, bug·ger·ing, bug·gers Vulgar Slang

v.intr.

To practice sodomy.

v.tr.

1. To practice sodomy with.

2. To damn.

Phrasal Verb:

bugger off

Chiefly British Slang To leave someone alone; go away.

[Middle English bougre, heretic, from Old French boulgre, from Medieval Latin Bulgarus; see Bulgar.]

bug·ger 2 (bŭg′ər)

n.

One who installs electronic bugs.

American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I only know the word with the following definition.

3:  a small or annoying thing <put down my keys and now I can't find the buggers>

I can't keep up with those who wish to make every word vulgar nor do I have time to look up every word I have used for 60 year to see if it has changed to something vulgar. I just have to leave the buggers to their own devises.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

NYC is very very strict about union workers, even in Queens there was only x work we could do to the KH and other had to be contract etc. The laws are downright crazy. Another reason I believe it's good to get out of NYC. We had a KH built for 2 years... couldn't use it, because it took 2 years to get the side walk permit, and with out the sidewalk, the city wouldn't let us use it, even though we had a back door that didn't require sidewalk to enter. Meanwhile the 7 congs that were to share that hall, were sharing another hall with their own 7 congs meetings there as well... yeah try sharing a SINGLE hall with 14 congs for approx 4 years. (2 years of building the KH another 2 years waiting on the sidewalk permit.). 

plus we also had a addition 2 smaller congs in there too. (so really 16 congs) but the two small congs, were able to meet in the back school during one of the other larger congs regular meeting. They were very small congs-a French Creole, and another lesser used language, can't remember now.).