JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Circumcision helps stop cancer-causing virus, study finds

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4850 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Interesting findings. When I had my son circumsised, it never occurred to me not to have it done, lol. I just thought that every boy has it done. I was nieve on things with babies. Afterwards, I remember some people (not witnesses) shocked I did it, said I should have said no, boys don't need to get circumsised. I really had no clue, lol. Interesting article though.

While circumcision is mandated in the old law covenant, Christians are not required to do this. The Governing Body of the 1st century put this argument to rest. While I would agree that we are not required to circumcise our children I can also see the health and cleanliness benefits of doing so. It is a personal choice based on all of the information available. Some professionals in our area have suggested that it is child abuse but haven't influenced many with their ideas.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

In the article the virus is HPV,a sexually transmitted infection.

Morally clean uncircumcized men would not have the virus dwelling in their foreskins.

Therefore they would not spread cervical cancer to their wives if all were living by Bible standards.

Our doctor said there are advantages and disadvantages in reguard to circumcision and we

decided based on what he told us and much research.

Abstaning from sex before marriage prevents HPV and therefore cancer by alot more than

28% no matter if circumsized or not.

If I might add to the comment above. I think the only thing that is in really bad taste regarding circumcision is saving the thing in one baby book for later discussions. I would put this in the same category as showing friends your birth videos. Grossed out one too many times.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

In the article the virus is HPV,a sexually transmitted infection.

Morally clean uncircumcized men would not have the virus dwelling in their foreskins.

Therefore they would not spread cervical cancer to their wives if all were living by Bible standards.

Our doctor said there are advantages and disadvantages in reguard to circumcision and we

decided based on what he told us and much research.

Abstaning from sex before marriage prevents HPV and therefore cancer by alot more than

28% no matter if circumsized or not.

I'm glad you stated that. If foreskin were "bad" Jah wouldn't have put it there to begin with, but circumcision may very well have served as a protection for health issues due to our imperfect bodies and an imperfect world. I know of quite a few friends with uncircumcised boys who ended up with frequent bladder infections. My theory as a mother of 3 boys is that its hard enough to get little boys to wash behind their ears and anywhere else for that matter! I didn't want to have another "part" to have to fight with them to clean! :nope:

In the article the virus is HPV,a sexually transmitted infection. Morally clean uncircumcized men would not have the virus dwelling in their foreskins. Therefore they would not spread cervical cancer to their wives if all were living by Bible standards....

Abstaning from sex before marriage prevents HPV and therefore cancer by alot more than 28% no matter if circumsized or not.

You're absolutely right!

Some other diseases were mentioned near the end of the article, and while they are sexually transmittable diseases, a person does not necessarily have to have had sex with an infected partner to have acquired the disease. In fact, this is true of almost all sexually transmitted diseases.

The point of sharing the article was to show that there are health benefits to circumcision. A practice or prohibition of ancient times that sounds a little strange sometimes makes sense in the light of modern understanding, underscoring the wisdom of our God and Creator. For example, washing the hands and eliminating waste far from the camp and burying it, as well as having to remain "unclean" for a period of time long enough to avoid infecting others.

We used to not be able to eat pork, for health reasons, but now Christians can, and modern cooking methods eliminate the risks.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!