JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

why study the bible - video

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3655 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

New video on jw.org

http://www.jw.org/en/video-why-study-the-bible/

this style of video is called Ink Drop. In the welcome thread I have used this template several times but it is difficult to make it look right.

Edited by trottigy

inserted link

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Great video. It's longer than I thought it would be.

I'm sure it will be very useful.

When someone scans the code on our literature it will link to that video? Did I understand that right?

I'll have to download a scanner app and try it.

So I tried it and when I scan the one from the back of one of the new tracts it takes me to the video, but the back of the November Awake to home page of JW.org.

Edited by star-bug

What a great video! In just 3 minutes it shows why the world is the way it is AND why studying the Bible is of benefit. AWESOME!!

I love the "ink-drop" method used.  :wub:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great video. It's longer than I thought it would be.

I'm sure it will be very useful.

When someone scans the code on our literature it will link to that video? Did I understand that right?

I'll have to download a scanner app and try it.

So I tried it and when I scan the one from the back of one of the new tracts it takes me to the video, but the back of the November Awake to home page of JW.org.

Well it is applicable to our new tracts alone and not the magazines. If you scan the barcode at the back of any of our new tracts it will take you to the site where you can click on that video for downloading. But if you scan the barcode of our magazines it will take you to jw.org/en link.

Anyway, i have been given the privilege to handle that part and according to the okm i can decide to show the video or play the audio. But i know there is no audio for it but what i think it means is that i can play it on my tablet by placing it on a mic without showing the video. Although i have an application i can use to convert the video to audio but i have decided for the benefit of those who might have not been able to see it to watch it.

That means the arrangement will be i will have to be at the hall earlier enough as usual and setup my tv and my dvd with speakers on the platform before the meeting starts which will be there till the last part of the service meeting. For it will not be nice for me to do that during the meetings which will highly distract my brothers and sisters attention.

Thanks to Jehovah for this privilege.

Edited by posemeke

I have the same part. I also had the one a few months ago about the JW.org website and showed the video then too. I think the CoBE remember and now has me doing it again.

I used a laptop on the lectern with a long cable for the projector. With our remodel, I can use an HDMI cable for it. I'll try my tablet with an HDMI cable this Sunday to make sure everything works OK.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I got also this part. But im not sure If i present áudio or video. The problem with vídeo is That i cant find.a.projector. But i would like evereone to see.It. I think i.Will put Just the áudio.

Enviado do meu C6903 através de Tapatalk

I have used this video on an RV. The householder, a woman, usually would talk a long time about her problems. When I pulled out my tablet it drew in her attention and shut up. I played the video and she was amazed about it. It made a good impression so it was effective.

I would like to see the society get a short series of videos with a progressive method of teaching at the door. I think this would lead to a real study with the householder.

I have looked for other short videos but there aren't many. The kids videos are great, but may lose their effectiveness later on.

There are lots of full length videos but they would be too long or most visits.

I haven't figured out how to send the society a message about this yet, any ideas there?

Like everyone else here, I too am very impressed with this video It puts our work on the professional level it

deserves. It will be interesting to see the response it gets after it has been used in the ministry for a while. I

am showing my ignorance here, but what exactly is the "ink drop method" used in this video of which you bro-

thers speak ?

GStorrs46

Like everyone else here, I too am very impressed with this video It puts our work on the professional level it

deserves. It will be interesting to see the response it gets after it has been used in the ministry for a while. I

am showing my ignorance here, but what exactly is the "ink drop method" used in this video of which you bro-

thers speak ?

GStorrs46

Some call it "Ink Drop" and others call it "Water Colors."  It is an Adobe After Effects Template and or Special Effects used to make the video. I use a similar template in the "Introductions & Warm Welcomes" Forum but it does not hold a candle by a long shot to the "Why Study the Bible" video.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I got also this part. But im not sure If i present áudio or video. The problem with vídeo is That i cant find.a.projector. But i would like evereone to see.It. I think i.Will put Just the áudio.Enviado do meu C6903 através de Tapatalk

My broda why not try and use a tv and a dvd player with a speaker and make the publishers and friends use that day to watch it if you dont have a projector? Just download the video and make sure it can play in your dvd format. It is just a suggestion since the video clips is just 3minutes:39seconds. What do you think?

This week in the Service meeting, we will be showing the video to the congregation. What a wonderful tool Jehovah has given us to reach the hearts of those yet disposed toward serving God. Just don't bring popcorn, please!