JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Young Sister Stabbed to Death :(

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 5286 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Man Enters Plea in Murder of Rancho Bernardo Neighbor

Contributor: Lynn Stuart

Article Source: San Diego 6 News

SAN DIEGO - He's accused of brutally killing a woman he barely knew. An unemployed Rancho Bernardo man learned his bail is set at $2 million dollars on Tuesday for allegedly murdering his neighbor, Jennifer Jones. The prosecutor argued there is good reason for the high bail.

"This was a completely unprovoked ambush and a brutal attack," says Deputy District Attorney Kristen Spieler.

Spieler told the judge that Richard Saldivar attacked the 28-year old engineer after she arrived home from work at Solar Turbine.

"He armed himself with a knife, waited outside and when Ms. Jones had her back turned to enter her apartment the defendant followed her inside... based on the evidence we have the attack came swiftly. Ms. Jones died of multiple stab wounds to her upper body," says Spieler.

The Prosecutor didn't give a motive but said Saldivar had gotten an eviction notice the day of the killing.

Saldivar's attorney argued his client should go free on a smaller bail because he has ties to the community and entered a not guilty plea.

Jones' mother was on the phone with her at the time of the attack and apparently led investigators to question Saldivar. The Prosecutor says Jones shared other information about Saldivar with her Mom prior to the killing but wouldn't say what information.

Jones' friends and family members filled one side of the courtroom and admit that it is very difficult to be that close to her alleged killer.

Family friend Kent Chernish spoke on behalf of the family outside the courtroom.

"They're deeply grieved. They're dealing with this as best that they can, but they certainly appreciate their privacy as they grieve," Chernish said.

"They're surrounded by a lot of friends, and due mainly with their deep relationship with their God Jehovah and also with their close relationship with their friends that are surrounding them, they're seeming to get through a terrible ordeal," he added. "They are dealing with it well, in my estimation. But they're devastated. There's no doubt about that."

Jones was a devout Jehovah's Witness who moved into the Rancho Bernardo area about 2 1/2 years ago from Ohio, according to Chernish, who said he was also a member of the church's Bernardo Heights congregation.

He recalled the victim as "a delightful young lady" who "always has a smile on her face."

The hope to someday see Jones again in the future -- part of the family's religious faith -- is getting them through the loss of their daughter, Chernish said.

The victim's parents, who live in Ohio, and other family and friends attended Tuesday's arraignment.

Saldivar faces 26 years to life behind bars if convicted of murder and the use of a knife.

A status conference was set for Nov. 5 and a preliminary hearing for Nov. 9.

{End of Article}

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

What part of Ohio??? Anyone know??? The name is familiar.

No. I even watched the video clip hoping to find out, but it doesn't mention where she was from originally.

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Okay, here is another article that says...

The victim is 28-year-old Jennifer Lee Jones. Jones, who was originally from suburban Cleveland, Ohio, had lived for more than two years at the Overlook Apartments in the 15000 block of Avenida Venusto.

Source: Crime News 2000

Wow... Vengeance is mine! says Jehovah. Otherwise...... wow...... I don't even know what to say that would be Christianlike. Thoughts run through my mind that are not good... Thank Jehovah for the hope of resurrection!!!

I have obtained the address of her parents if anybody would like to send a card. Send me a PM and I'll send it to you. Here are a couple pictures of the sister...

5511=94-sisjones1.jpg

5511=95-sisjones2.jpg - Bob