JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3541 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Ahh, I see:

Technical requirements

Let's clear this up first. Equipd 3.0 requires iOS 7.0 or above. It will not install on devices running iOS 5 or 6. I had already dropped iOS 5.X for this version, but after performing a recent user survey, I decided it is time to move on from iOS 6.X and focus my efforts solely on iOS 7+. The reality is that all iOS devices powerful enough to run Equipd 3.0 can install iOS 7.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I would love to have this app but there is no version cor android :(

I remember the brother saying he had plans for android but no ETA... Couldn't find any reference to it any more.. I guess he gave up of it :(

I would love to have this app but there is no version cor android :(

I remember the brother saying he had plans for android but no ETA... Couldn't find any reference to it any more.. I guess he gave up of it :(

http://support.equipd.me/entries/23139143-Does-Equipd-work-on-Android-

This is by far the most frequent question I get. 

My recommendation - if you are looking to purchase a device, and you really want to use Equipd, then stop thinking and get an iPad or iPad mini - you won't regret it. 

As for future development of Equipd on Android - this is up for consideration but the priority has been lowered by the advent of the official JW Library App which runs on the Android platform. At this stage I am going to wait and see the direction the brothers take this official app and what features it will support. If it doubles-up with the primary features of Equipd then I will probably not port Equipd to Android. So let's wait and see how the JW Library app progresses.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

For a comparable app for Android try "Watchtower Library" in the Play store. Coming from ios to Android using Eqipd, the only feature I miss is the briefcase. BTW it's free!

Sadly, it only does English. I use iSilo for that - much smoother and it has all the links.

Soon .....

If you double click the home button - all the open apps show and that seems the easiest way to switch back and forth.

I am going to have to try notability.

Just a note: I am a HUGE Android fan,  but I must say - that equipd app is enough to make me switch to an iPad - especially if you are doing any type of foreign language. IT is SO EASY to switch back and forth from one language to the other.

AND I just saw that 3.0 is out!!!   :bouncing:

http://support.equipd.me/entries/47563993-Version-3-0-Released

Thank you for the tip - someone else also hipped me to it a few weeks ago. ~~~ Even die-hard Android users realize for theocratic purposed Equipd & JWLibrary is probably all that's needed in that area.

This was a nice quote from Matt:

Credit where Credit is Due

I would like to express my gratitude to the brothers who have helped translate Equipd. I am sure your efforts will be appreciated by users who speak Portuguese, Spanish, French, Danish, Japanese, Russian, German and Dutch!

A big thank you goes to a brother in the Cambridge Mandarin group, who wishes to remain unnamed. His efforts made the improved Chinese character translation engine possible.

And thanks to my beta testers who helped ensure that users receive a polished end product.

Summary

As mentioned, this Equipd 3.0 is a major update. What you see on the surface is just a reflection of a lot of hard work done under the hoods. The new Equipd has a far more robust and flexible code-base, and will provide an firm platform to build on. I hope that this new version will benefit existing users, and allow them to be even more Equip'd for every good work. It has been a privilege working on a tool that is being appreciated and depended on by so many around the world, especially those serving in the foreign language field.

A big thank you once again for your patience in waiting for this update.

Agape from New Zealand,

Matthew & Sonja

* Is there a way to download Equipd all at once over all of your IOS devices?

Edited by timpin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

As you know I was looking for a possibility to highlight, scribble, draw circles and arrows in my epub study wt.

And as some of you wrote, there are some good PDF readers that let you do that. Sadly there are no epub readers available at this time with these features.

So I discovered wwww.epub-to-pdf.com and converted the Epub January 15 WT from epub to pdf. All links stay alive and accessible!!

This method works fine although there might be other ways to convert epub to pdf as well.

Using a good pdf reader like PDFReader Pro now I can do all the things I wanted and above all add text at any place on the page where I want it to be in scalable fonts. 

It works really great! Also within the text of every link!

The only negative point is that de links open on a different page and not in the nice popups on the same page. But than again that is a minor issue compared to the positive points .

So for now I am happy, in the mean time looking forward to the next update of Equipd.

May be the above story is interested for others that also like to scribble, and draw while studying there epub to pdf converted WT.

Thanks again.

Ron

I love iAnnotate.

• 2 months later...

need some help here please:

one sister in my congregation bought an Ipad, I helped her with the videos a few weeks ago (used the app "documents" like Chris suggested and this works really good!)

What app is the best for epubs? To read and underline.

I tried to download one epub from jw.org this morning before the meeting but safari said it couldn't open this format.

I don't have any experience with ipads (android user myself), but I want to try my best to help her. 

Otherwise, Equipd is the best app for everything theocratic on iPad (apart from the videos).

See the thread on Equipd and also the webpage.  It is a one-stop-shop for the Bible, all publications and multiple languages.

http://www.equipd.me/

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/7521-equipd/?hl=equipd

Here is a screen shot of one of my home pages

Look in the upper left corner, it the second icon, you want to download it and add it to your home screen. You will see a square box with an arrow in the in the upper left side of the hit - hit it and it ask you do you want to add this to your home screen - hit the box.

post-2556-0-39472300-1404677892_thumb.jp

post-2556-0-26812800-1404678374_thumb.jp

Edited by 1gemstone

For anyone who has been holding out on Easy Annotate, the price just dropped from $4.99 to $0.99. 

If you need to view and edit two PDFs side-by-side on your iPad, this is a pretty good solution. You can watch my video review here: http://appchasers.com/2014/03/26/video-how-to-view... 

Here is a link to the sale: http://appchasers.com/2014/07/08/was-4-99-now-0-99...

For anyone who has been holding out on Easy Annotate, the price just dropped from $4.99 to $0.99. 

If you need to view and edit two PDFs side-by-side on your iPad, this is a pretty good solution. You can watch my video review here: http://appchasers.com/2014/03/26/video-how-to-view... 

Here is a link to the sale: http://appchasers.com/2014/07/08/was-4-99-now-0-99...

WOW!       Go head Tim, with your bad self!

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I just downloaded Ibooks on my mothers Ipad, but when I got to JW.org to download epubs it just says "Open, Add to reading list or Copy"  It doesn't do anything and never says "open in ibooks." How do I go about fixing this so I can use ibooks to highlight & read scriptures? Thanks!

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

You should get this box to come up after you have downloaded from JW.Org. By the way iBooks was already a app on my home screen when I brought my iPadpost-2556-0-33866900-1405745922_thumb.jp

then "touch open in iBooks"    see below.

post-2556-0-75074100-1405746771_thumb.jp

Edited by 1gemstone