JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Great App for Taking Notes at Meeting (Android)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3122 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just wanted to share this new app with the friends. It's called S-pen Recorder for Note 10.1 2014 and is available in the Samsung App store. It allows pdf hand written notes to be synced with recorded audio. You can also click a portion of your written text and the audio recorded at that moment will be played. This can be a valuable tool to take notes on our tablets at the meetings, assemblies, and conventions. Just click the portion of your written note and what the speaker was saying at that exact moment starts playing! Spen SDK must be installed from Google Play store or this app won't work. This is the 1st app on Android that I have seen that adds my most missed feature from Notability on my old Ipad. Glad it's available for our Galaxy Notes!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey Lloyd (also my first name), might I ask what your technique is for studying the Watchtower using the S-pen, if indeed that is what you use? 

When I use the S-pen to highlight and add notes to a Watchtower study article, when I am done and click "Save", all I seem to get is a separate png file. 

What I would like to be able to do is to end up with the complete study edition of the Watchtower highlighted and annotated with my notes, and then I'd throw it into Evernote to be able to reference that studied copy later.  It would also be nice to be able to click on or hover over a scripture and have it pop up when I'm studying, but that wouldn't be a "deal breaker" if I couldn't do that.

Goy any ideas?

Thanks!

Lloyd

Hey Lloyd (also my first name), might I ask what your technique is for studying the Watchtower using the S-pen, if indeed that is what you use?

When I use the S-pen to highlight and add notes to a Watchtower study article, when I am done and click "Save", all I seem to get is a separate png file.

What I would like to be able to do is to end up with the complete study edition of the Watchtower highlighted and annotated with my notes, and then I'd throw it into Evernote to be able to reference that studied copy later. It would also be nice to be able to click on or hover over a scripture and have it pop up when I'm studying, but that wouldn't be a "deal breaker" if I couldn't do that.

Goy any ideas?

Thanks!

Lloyd

I use Moon Reader to study my Watchtower. This is a good tutorial on its features. Importing EPubs into Moon Reader Pro: http://youtu.be/J6487t2z2lk

What I would like to be able to do is to end up with the complete study edition of the Watchtower highlighted and annotated with my notes, and then I'd throw it into Evernote to be able to reference that studied copy later.  It would also be nice to be able to click on or hover over a scripture and have it pop up when I'm studying, but that wouldn't be a "deal breaker" if I couldn't do that.

Goy any ideas?

Thanks!

Lloyd

I don't know if this helps, but I use ezPDF Reader with the PDF magazines. You can annotate in every way imaginable, and then flatten all annotation layers so they are a permanent part of the document.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I don't know if this helps, but I use ezPDF Reader with the PDF magazines. You can annotate in every way imaginable, and then flatten all annotation layers so they are a permanent part of the document.

I also use it and you can even save the pdf with the annotations (no need to flatten) You can open later and edit the annotations or you can even email it and edit on other device

I use Moon Reader to study my Watchtower. This is a good tutorial on its features. Importing EPubs into Moon Reader Pro: http://youtu.be/J6487t2z2lk

Wow!  That was a fantastic video.  Thanks so much for posting it.  Actually, I recently downloaded Moon Reader onto my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Pro 12.2 - I would have bought the 10.1, but the 12.2 was actually cheaper!), but I hadn't figured Moon Reader out yet.  You decreased my learning curve by like 9/10ths!

Anyway, that excellent reader does everything I want except for maybe the "writing notes" or annotating part to where those notes are visible in the margin along with the rest of the magazine page when we consider it at the meeting. 

I wonder if it's possible to use the S-pen to write notes in the margin of the Watchtower in Moon Reader?  Like I said earlier, whenever I use the S-pen to write notes and then click "Save", it simply turns the notes into a png that doesn't appear when a Watchtower is re-opened in Moon Reader.  But maybe I'm missing something or doing it wrong?

The world of tablets, and especially the Samsung S-pen is new to me. But I did in fact choose Samsung because it had the S-pen, thinking that I could somehow use it to write notes in the margins of Watchtowers as I studied them and then have them be visible in the Watchtower margins, like we did with the paper copies.  If I guess right, using ezPDF Reader as recommended by Dismal_Bliss and jayrtom [Thanks for your posts guys!] allows you to write visible notes in the margin, but then you lose the ability to see the scriptures "pop up", a big advantage of Moon Reader as was pointed out in the video.

So it makes me wonder if there isn't some app or format that would allow me to "have it all", if you'll pardon my greedy desires. 

1. Easily read the Watchtower

2. Easily highlight

3. Ability to make notes in the margin in my handwriting that are visible later at the meeting (without clicking on anything)

4. Have scriptures easily pop up

5. Ability to save the document in Evernote or OneNote or whatever, to be able to reference later.

That possible now?

Thanks!

Lloyd

• 10 months later...

Hello all,

I use Moon+ Reader Pro and I need to figure out how to delete book categories.  I was testing something and created categories which I will never use and now, I can't get rid of them. Please help before I lose my mind, I have over an hour into this.  THANK YOU!!!

Lori

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

Wow!  That was a fantastic video.  Thanks so much for posting it.  Actually, I recently downloaded Moon Reader onto my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Pro 12.2 - I would have bought the 10.1, but the 12.2 was actually cheaper!), but I hadn't figured Moon Reader out yet.  You decreased my learning curve by like 9/10ths!

Anyway, that excellent reader does everything I want except for maybe the "writing notes" or annotating part to where those notes are visible in the margin along with the rest of the magazine page when we consider it at the meeting. 

I wonder if it's possible to use the S-pen to write notes in the margin of the Watchtower in Moon Reader?  Like I said earlier, whenever I use the S-pen to write notes and then click "Save", it simply turns the notes into a png that doesn't appear when a Watchtower is re-opened in Moon Reader.  But maybe I'm missing something or doing it wrong?

The world of tablets, and especially the Samsung S-pen is new to me. But I did in fact choose Samsung because it had the S-pen, thinking that I could somehow use it to write notes in the margins of Watchtowers as I studied them and then have them be visible in the Watchtower margins, like we did with the paper copies.  If I guess right, using ezPDF Reader as recommended by Dismal_Bliss and jayrtom [Thanks for your posts guys!] allows you to write visible notes in the margin, but then you lose the ability to see the scriptures "pop up", a big advantage of Moon Reader as was pointed out in the video.

So it makes me wonder if there isn't some app or format that would allow me to "have it all", if you'll pardon my greedy desires. 

2. Easily highlight

3. Ability to make notes in the margin in my handwriting that are visible later at the meeting (without clicking on anything)

5. Ability to save the document in Evernote or OneNote or whatever, to be able to reference later.

That possible now?

Thanks!

Lloyd

That's exactly what I want as well.  

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

Hello all,

I use Moon+ Reader Pro and I need to figure out how to delete book categories.  I was testing something and created categories which I will never use and now, I can't get rid of them. Please help before I lose my mind, I have over an hour into this.  THANK YOU!!!

Lori

Delete all the books that are in the category that you want to delete. When there are no books in a particular category, it should automatically disappear. 

Delete all the books that are in the category that you want to delete. When there are no books in a particular category, it should automatically disappear. 

Thanks so much for your response Andre.  Unfortunately, these categories do not contain books and yet, they are not disappearing.  Worse still, I have discovered that I cannot move books to these categories.  I can move books to any other location by going to ALL BOOKS, highlighting the publication and then, go to ADD TO MY FAVORITES (select Category) and hitting OK.  They all work fine.

It's only these two categories that I giving me problems.  I can't add to them or delete them.  If it's a glitch, I'm afraid that if I uninstall and reinstall the program, I could lose everything.

I have no idea what I did but suddenly, it's working!!!!!  Thanks again!   :D

Wow! That was a fantastic video. Thanks so much for posting it. Actually, I recently downloaded Moon Reader onto my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Pro 12.2 - I would have bought the 10.1, but the 12.2 was actually cheaper!), but I hadn't figured Moon Reader out yet. You decreased my learning curve by like 9/10ths!

I wonder if it's possible to use the S-pen to write notes in the margin of the Watchtower in Moon Reader? Like I said earlier, whenever I use the S-pen to write notes and then click "Save", it simply turns the notes into a png that doesn't appear when a Watchtower is re-opened in Moon Reader. But maybe I'm missing something or doing it wrong?

The world of tablets, and especially the Samsung S-pen is new to me. But I did in fact choose Samsung because it had the S-pen, thinking that I could somehow use it to write notes in the margins of Watchtowers as I studied them and then have them be visible in the Watchtower margins, like we did with the paper copies. If I guess right, using ezPDF Reader as recommended by Dismal_Bliss and jayrtom [Thanks for your posts guys!] allows you to write visible notes in the margin, but then you lose the ability to see the scriptures "pop up", a big advantage of Moon Reader as was pointed out in the video.

2. Easily highlight

That possible now?

Thanks!

Lloyd

That's exactly what I want as well.

You may check this below app. I had that same desire and this app solves the pop-up with the scriptures ;)

http://jwtalk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/22948-Great-app!

Enviado do meu 6045K através de Tapatalk

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)