JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Yellowstone

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3674 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I don't get it? It's a story about natural Helium escaping from underground that "began roughly 2 million years ago, with the advent of volcanic activity there"

Who does that article say is worried about it?.

I'm thinking that she is talking about the volcano exploding being close.  They have been saying for some years now that the volcanic activity there is high and it's long overdue for an eruption.  Just guessing that is what she is talking about.

I have been to Yellowstone 15 times.  It's one of my favorites places in the US to visit.  Just breathtaking.  

• 4 weeks later...

I have heard of this too. In fact it was featured as part of the plot in a movie as couple of years

ago. It starred John Cussack and was about the end of the world. I unfortunately can not remember the

title of the movie. This is just one of the many things that have been in the news media the last several

years, showing how plausible, even from just a human standpoint, the end of this system could come

about. Wether from some solar flare that could knock out earth's power grid. to asteroids from space,

to a global winter, or this massive earthquake and volcanic eruption in Yellowstone. And time alone will

tell if Jehovah uses part or all of these to bring about the end of this system. But I think it is truly signifi-

cant that worldly men, who have no faith in the Bible, are now thinking along these lines.

GStorrs46

• 2 weeks later...