JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

any AppleTV users here...?

it was one of my first apple investments ...   used iTunes to wifi Bible reading to sound system (got tired of using the cassettes - remember them?)

Do I ever!

Ques for you - can you stream to your tv the audio wirelessly from iTunes on your laptop IF you are using a Windows laptop...?  Is this what they call Home Sharing?

Do I ever!

Ques for you - can you stream to your tv the audio wirelessly from iTunes on your laptop IF you are using a Windows laptop...?  Is this what they call Home Sharing?

B4 I got an iMac, that's what i did using HDMI connections   ...   AppleTV > Receiver > TV   ...   so if it's audio content only you don't have to waste TV electricity and it plays wherever you have speakers in any room.    You can also use any apple iOS device and airplay to apple TV (audio or video)

• 10 months later...

Does anyone know if Apple TV can stream the tv.jw.org broadcasts?  I have an iphone and was thinking if I can use airplay to view it on the tv.

I've already tried googlecast for my samsung tablet, but there are issues with streaming anything other than google products, and my tablet is a little too old as well.  That's why I'm looking into going via Apple tv instead.

And, I'm not exactly the full quid on all things techy, so please keep it simple :huh:

YES!   ...   right NOW   ...  no issues -  just swipe up from the bottom, press AirPlay, then Mirroring

...      You can also use any apple iOS device and airplay to apple TV (audio or video)

...  Even though it's been posted for awhile ...   also see the coming soon section at the bottom of this page   ...  http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-broadcasting/  

APPLE TV

• Support for the Yahoo! Connected TV platform, which runs on various internet-enabled Smart TVs, DVD players, Blu-ray players, and other devices.

This means that the Yahoo station that is on Apple TV now will soon allow us to play  tv.jw.org on our Apple TV just like the Roku boxes do now.

(my guess, probably by next month)

Edited by timpin

• 6 months later...

YES!   ...   right NOW   ...  no issues -  just swipe up from the bottom, press AirPlay, then Mirroring

...  Even though it's been posted for awhile ...   also see the coming soon section at the bottom of this page   ...  http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-broadcasting/  

APPLE TV

• Support for the Yahoo! Connected TV platform, which runs on various internet-enabled Smart TVs, DVD players, Blu-ray players, and other devices.

This means that the Yahoo station that is on Apple TV now will soon allow us to play  tv.jw.org on our Apple TV just like the Roku boxes do now.

Oh my, has this changed?

• 1 month later...

How kewl is this possibility ? !!!   ...   Third party APP developers (ex. WTB&TS) can create an APP and we can simply say "Hey SIRI find me JWTV"   ... http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/09/apple-unveils-a-more-powerful-apple-tv/#.kjmuvt:LuIR

or better yet, start on one device and resume play on another ...

Apple TV App Store

The other big news on the software side is the debut of the Apple TV App Storeand accompanying SDK for app developers. The App Store will be a lot like the store on iOS, as it also includes top charts and categories, for instance. But app developers will be able to make their apps a universal purchase – meaning, you can buy an app for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV all at once.

In addition, Apple is building in a mechanism that’ll let you play a game on your phone on the way home, and resume it on your big screen when you get there.

Edited by timpin