JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Knife-wielding suspect at Jehovah’s Witnesses hall wanted to be shot by police, chief says

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4823 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Syracuse, NY — A Syracuse man wanted police to kill him Tuesday afternoon as he approached with a knife held high three Syracuse police officers inside the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses on West Fayette Street, Syracuse Police Chief Frank Fowler said.

Ravaun Mitchell, 19, of 148 Webster Ave., was wounded in the arm, elbow and shoulder after the three officers opened fire with service pistols and a Taser, Fowler said.

Mitchell, who Fowler called “a disturbed young man,” is charged with three counts of menacing a police officer, a felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor.

full article to read

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/02/one_suspect_shot_in_syracuse_p.html

or

quite a long video of a policeman speaking about the case...which I found very interesting...(I like police shows)

http://bcove.me/zqsbhrni

Thank goodness no one else was hurt.

I like the officer's comment that "They were just kind enough to allow him to come inside to get warm" and "This was just a disturbed young man who happened to come across a location where someone showed him an act of kindness by allowing him to get inside the building"

Whats of further interest is that he was allowed inside because he told them he wanted to study the Bible with someone. We really must be careful in these last days.