JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Come fly with us! P.C. Air launches as the world's first 'ladyboy' airline

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4817 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Come fly with us! P.C. Air launches as the world's first 'ladyboy' airline A new Thai airline is hiring transsexuals as flight attendants, aiming at a unique identity to set itself apart from competitors as it sets out for the skies. Known as 'katoeys' or 'ladyboys,' transgenders and transsexuals have greater visibility in Thailand than in many other nations, holding mainstream jobs in a variety of fields.

26127=856-article-1355555-0D198C49000005 They are especially common in cosmetics shops or health stores, which almost always have a ladyboy shop assistant...... PC Air, a charter airline set to start operations on Asian routes in April, originally planned only to hire male and female flight attendants. But it changed its mind after receiving more than 100 job applications from transvestites and transsexuals. Four were chosen, along with 19 female and 7 male flight attendants. While the airline strives for equality, PC Air president Peter Chan, who chooses the transsexual cabin crew himself, said he needed to spend longer with interviews for such applicants. 'For male flight attendants, if I don't want to hire them, it's because of their attitude or their characters, like the way they walk and smile. 'When I knew that I got this job, I burst into tears because I'm very happy,' said 24-year-old Chayathisa Nakmai......... The airline said it may hire more flight attendants from the 'third gender' in the future since the Department of Civil Aviation has no objections..... By Daily Mail Reporter Last updated at 2:34 PM on 10th February 2011 Would a brother or sister have a Bible study...with the *third gender"....how would that work?

"Would a brother or sister have a Bible study...with the *third gender"....how would that work?"

As far as I know we would study with them as any other person they however would have to make the decision as to whether they will make the changes to conform to Jehovah's way ,........ now if you are meaning because they are different from what they were born then I really don't know if a brother or sister .....maybe they would have one of each ??? * shrugs*

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

I think it would be good for there always to be two people going on the study.

Here is an interesting quote -

“Transsexualism” is a word appearing with growing frequency in the news. A transsexual is not merely a transvestite (one who dresses in clothes of the opposite sex)' date=' nor necessarily a homosexual (though that may be the case). A transsexual is a person who rejects the sex with which he or she was born and takes up the life of the other sex. Claiming they were, in effect, “born in the wrong body,” many have undergone radical surgery and hormone treatments to attain a sexual transformation. An estimated 1,500 persons in the United States and about 150 in Britain have done so. What really do they accomplish? [b']Is it possible to change a normal person (not a hermaphrodite of ambiguous sex) from one gender to another?

The answer is, No. As Dr. Georges Burou, a French surgeon prominent in the field, says: “I don’t change men into women. I transform male genitals into genitals that have a female aspect. All the rest is in the patient’s mind.” (“Time,” Jan. 21, 1974, p. 64) In reality, the ultimate result is either a severely (and irreversibly) mutilated man who resembles a woman, or a severely (and irreversibly) mutilated woman who resembles a man.

The increase of transsexualism is but one more facet of the spread of practices “contrary to nature” characterizing much of this present period. (Compare Romans 1:26.) The remedy for those with such inclinations is not surgery but a change in outlook, ‘being made new in the force actuating their minds’ with the aid of God’s Word.—Eph. 4:22-24.

I remember this coming up in a KM school long ago and we were told to treat them as the gender they were born with. Here is to hoping they all come into the truth. It doesn't seem like there is much time left.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Ouch... i will never use this company :pinch:

I remember the story about a man who changed his body to become a woman... then learnt the Truth... so he changed his body back.

:?

This is just too much for my mind to comprehend. Does not compute!!!!:upsidedown:

we were told to treat them as the gender they were born with.

Could be tricky when he/she is wearing a skirt, tights and lipstick....

I wonder which toilet at the Hall an interested "transgender" person should use? I am as tolerant as the next Bro. but I draw the line at sharing the "Gents" with a person doing his/her makeup :)

Could be tricky when he/she is wearing a skirt, tights and lipstick....

I wonder which toilet at the Hall an interested "transgender" person should use? I am as tolerant as the next Bro. but I draw the line at sharing the "Gents" with a person doing his/her makeup

:lol1:

This is a very hard topic for me personally, but I agree. If we should come across in our ministry someone/anyone we can not discriminate for whatever reason, for example: they don’t look right etc., we should study with them and hopefully, they will change. I knew a brother who before becoming a brother contracted AIDS and then learned the truth and changed the way he was living. He eventually died, but he learned the truth first.

We can change if we really want too. We all had to change something in our lives. I’m just hoping that people see that this is wrong. I believe that people who say they were born in the wrong body are basically saying that God made a mistake and we all know that God doesn’t make mistakes.

Hi Kelly

it is a hard one because... the same with homosexuals...I just wondered how the study arrangement would go...2 sisters...a brother and sister etc...

I don't see the problem here. It is Jehovah and his son's will that "all sort of men" come into a knowledge of the truth.

as to the study arrangment....I guess we cross that bridge when we get to it. We have to be careful not be judgmental.

I really don't see how this post is an interchange of encouagement, but that's my opinion. As footstep followers of Jesus, would this be a subject of discussion for him? I really don't think so.

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Hi Dawnmarie

It is a post that combines events in the world today....and what the organisational procedures are if transexual/trans whatever... wanted a Bible study...

"all sorts of men and women come into the truth"...so there are procedures to do things in an organised way...