JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lapel pins or tie tacs with JW.ORG

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3459 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just found out through the Coordinator of the Elders in my hall that the F&D S, sent out a letter telling the brothers that they can put up (on the outside sign billboard) JW.ORG in blue and white.   So, people who walk and or drive by can see it.  So I was surprised and happy that I got the answer.  As for the pins, to me its a private thing, and its obvious that the F&D S, has exposed its precious KM's to the world.  So Jehovah has nothing to hide.  I think all of this is glorifying Jehovah worldwide. 

We found the best deal on highest quality ones at http://www.JWstuff.org

Ive seen many sites that have various styles but these are small and discreet so we can wear them anywhere and not look "goofy" yet i get witness all the time now see it and come up to me. Have also had 2 conversations strike up with random people who ask about them.

Where ever you get something, try wearing out sometime and see how it does for its real intended purpose. Get people to find the new website!

Alex, I would love too purchase a few of the lapel pins that you displayed on your post. I've looked on etsy & jw stuff, however, they don't show the square one that you have. Do you know any other place that may have that particular one? Please contact me VIA PM , if you know of a vendor.

EDITED to remove email. Please use the PM system rather than publishing your email address in a public website (See Forum Policy)

Edited by trottigy

You could try this - http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/16199-spoiler-august-campaign-and-beyond/page-9#entry232956

You can see them here - http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/16199-spoiler-august-campaign-and-beyond/?p=233995

They are the small square ones. 

I learned a new trick. I have several of the convention badges with the pinch clip and safety pin. I pulled the clip off and ran the pin on the back through it. Now I use it instead of the pin - which was putting holes in my clothes. 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

You could try this - http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/16199-spoiler-august-campaign-and-beyond/page-9#entry232956

You can see them here - http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/16199-spoiler-august-campaign-and-beyond/?p=233995

I learned a new trick. I have several of the convention badges with the pinch clip and safety pin. I pulled the clip off and ran the pin on the back through it. Now I use it instead of the pin - which was putting holes in my clothes. 

Can you post a picture Jerry...I can't visualize what you're talking about?  I also am having a problem with holes in my clothes.

Thanks...

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

I peeled the alligator clip off the convention badge. I flipped it over and ran the pin from the button through it where the safety pin is and closed it back up. TADA. Now it has a clip.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

That's good to know. I guess you don't like a HOLY SHIRT! LOL ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I removed the safety pin. That was actually harder than I thought it would be. But once removed, the pin from the button fit in that slot nicely :wave:

Edit: I suppose I could have left it - if the button pin could close.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Thanks, yeah was having a hard time getting the pin out.  I will dig up a wire cutter out of my tool box tomorrow.  Then should be a breeze.  Great idea !!!

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

OK. I'll try my best. This picture shows the clip separate from the button. See how the back of the button has what almost looks exactly like the safety pin that was in the clip?

post-272-0-55763100-1410889738_thumb.jpg

I just slip the pin from the back of the button into that slot where the safety pin used to be and then close the pin on the back of the button - TADA

post-272-0-13990000-1410889710_thumb.jpg

Let me know a specific question and I'll do my best in answering if this doesn't do it.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

I peeled the alligator clip off the convention badge. I flipped it over and ran the pin from the button through it where the safety pin is and closed it back up. TADA. Now it has a clip.

I removed the safety pin. That was actually harder than I thought it would be. But once removed, the pin from the button fit in that slot nicely :wave:

Edit: I suppose I could have left it - if the button pin could close.

Thanks Jerry, Great idea, works really well   ...   now our congregation had to order another hundred or so, I suppose other congs. will order hundreds from the Branch too!  

We were so Excited we told the Branch who gave us the idea -  they seemed "Excited" too  - You'll probably be getting a letter soon   ...    :o  :huh:

j/k ...  we got alligator clips from the arts and crafts store and put double faced foam tape on them, and stuck them on the back of the pin as per your pictures. 

(you can stop sweating now)   ...  thanks again - tp.

I just re-visited this discussion..am I understanding correctly that the Branch has o.k d us ordering jw.org pins or bags or whatever? Are pins available from the branch?

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

No, the branch has not "ok'd" the pins and we cannot order them from the branch.

What they have said is - you can use the jw.org square for your personal use NOT commercial.

Soon .....

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)