JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hampton Inn Purchased

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3630 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The Hampton Inn in Newburgh, New York has been bought by the brothers to house the temporary workers who come to help with the building of the new headquarters in Warwick, New York.  They may also buy some property in the rural area of Tuxedo, New York.    It is a pretty good, unbiased article, though the commentors were positive and negative about it. Some kept saying that they should be paying taxes.  Another said that the building previously was bought by a church, to make a school or college, but they could not maintain it so the commentor was happy about the purchase.. Another cited another article about how the brothers bought a fire truck for the use of the town in another property in Patterson, NY, and neighbors had positive things to say - the link for that is

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/04/18/realestate/in-the-region-putnam-county-watchtower-project-grows-in-patterson.html

There is a circuit assembly hall in Newburgh where our congregation has been attending for a number of years. I understand that the brothers do also pay some taxes for other facilities - perhaps someone here may have heard that too.

Edited by rbrown1205

I love this! As a volunteer with the RBO for many many years we have always has to "pay our own way" when working long distance. We could have stayed with the loving friends but trust me when your dirty and tired your own shower and own space is much needed. It has to be said even more so for those volunteering for several weeks or a month or so. I guarantee the volunteers will appreciate it.