JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Atheists explain evolution

I loved this. Thank you so much for sharing.

Everyone confuses adaptation with evolution or microevolution vs macroevolution.

The finches. I love the finches!

I hate when these 'intellectuals' such as Professor Dawkins assert that religious people are raising children that are unscientific and unthinking. Evolution vs. creation aside this video just goes to show that evolutionists are raising the very kind of 'unthinking and unscientific' generation of people that they so violently oppose.

Of course no matter how much true science and reason and logic we use the evolution theory will stagger until the end because this is the system we live in, but how glorious the day when people will have to know that God's name is Jehovah.

This inspired me to read the origin of life brochure again. Thoroughly good stuff.

I remember chatting with an atheist once we discussed a good many things but he said that religious beliefs teach a "God of gaps" meaning that any gap in understating is filled by saying "God did it".

As we talked about the origin of life I kept provoking him to mention chance.

And I said "where you say "of well there is a chance of such and such forming so and so" I would say that God took such and such and made it into so and so" so in reality you believe in a god of chance. Chance made this happen.

Interestingly something I once read in our publications about chance is that scientists attribute major leaps in the origin of life to chance.

But chance is merely the probability of an action or event causing a certain outcome. Like say there is a bag with a red and black ball in, there is a 50% chance the red ball would be taken out of the bag. But if I never put my hand in and grabbed a ball there is a 0% chance of that happening. Chance requires a separate force to be involved. Chance is not a force of its own right.

Does anyone know which article I am talking about, by chance? Hehe. Would love to read it again.

Interestingly something I once read in our publications about chance is that scientists attribute major leaps in the origin of life to chance.

But chance is merely the probability of an action or event causing a certain outcome. Like say there is a bag with a red and black ball in, there is a 50% chance the red ball would be taken out of the bag. But if I never put my hand in and grabbed a ball there is a 0% chance of that happening. Chance requires a separate force to be involved. Chance is not a force of its own right.

Does anyone know which article I am talking about, by chance? Hehe. Would love to read it again.

That sounds like the box in page 30 of the Creator book.

I hate when these 'intellectuals' such as Professor Dawkins assert that religious people are raising children that are unscientific and unthinking. Evolution vs. creation aside this video just goes to show that evolutionists are raising the very kind of 'unthinking and unscientific' generation of people that they so violently oppose.

If you want to see Richard Dawkins get absolutely frustrated to the point where he says life may have flown in on an asteroid, you should watch 'Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed.' 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5EPymcWp-g

It's towards the end, but it will have you giggling.

Sorry for any tracking cookies this may generate...

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

Evolutionists today disavow that the theory as Darwin presented it has an element of racism in it.  The original title of Origin of Species

is "On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life."

A sociologist named Herbert Spencer was attributed with the term "survival of the fittest" and "social Darwinism"  Political leaders from the late 19th century and early 20th century pointed to these ideas as "scientific" grounds for their ambition to decide what people are superior and more fit for survival.

http://autocww.colorado.edu/~flc/E64ContentFiles/SociologyAndReform/SocialDarwinism.html

What irks me is when the artists associated with some scientist textbook and article writers picture the beings from which the ancient fossils came as looking like people in poorer areas of the world.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmOhyRRyqUE7JjKxkFSkEWyyKtlV575gPFCi9coIx53vspKKwxRA

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIQjE_JkhhmsU6pPTmE3tEOWqbKfdnCXHtYNANSKF6Ytl9XImjaQ

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhb8cbRx5bYPWiBT2kJp6iyP66Pr_Am9fTQGrNcHqaLzD1v5eq

Edited by rbrown1205