JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Importing Epubs from JW.org into Moon Reader Pro

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3407 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Thanks Lloyd!  I've been using Moon+ Reader for awhile but I didn't know about the ability to put books and magazines into categories.  It's a great program and your video was very helpful.  :)

I paid for Moon Reader Pro as soon as I tried the free version and I love it.  It's the best reader for Android tablets out there.  Pay the 4.99 and enjoy!!!!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Thank you Lloyd! Very helpful! Hope to see some more tutorials... :thumbsup:

Edited by Daniela

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

I used to use a live wallpaper but it seemed to eat up my battery life faster.  I noticed if I shut off the "location" app and the live wallpaper, my tablet will last a lot longer.

• 2 weeks later...

I paid for Moon Reader Pro as soon as I tried the free version and I love it.  It's the best reader for Android tablets out there.  Pay the 4.99 and enjoy!!!!

I have an Apple for my meetings and personal study. I recently got a Nexus 7 for service, showing the videos and such. I would like to be able to study the Bible Teach book in a program but have problems with finding an app that works like the apps I am used to. I tried the free version of Moon reader and couldn't see how I could transfer my hand written notes into the book as I study. Will the pro version allow you to do this? I have tried several apps but not finding anything I am comfortable with. Very frustrating. I was happy to learn a new operating system but it has been very frustrating for me. My iPad was too big to take in the ministry, I couldn't afford an iPad mini. The Nexus is fine but getting apps to do what I do on my iPad isn't happening. Even to show the videos I had to use like 3 different apps to download, set up playlists and then play. I haven't studied the book yet cuz I just haven't found an app to really do it well. The latest one my handwriting looks like a first graders. I would pay for MoonReader pro if I thought it would do what I wanted.

I may be able to help as I have used both ios and android tablets. What app were you using to transfer hand written notes with your ipad? I know you can add Notes with Moon Reader Pro but all of my notes have been typed from within the app and it adds a post-it type icon on the page to reference the note.

Very useful tutorial, thank you.

On my android tablet Moon Reader I also use "Edit book Information" to add titles.

I do this on TMS schedules, rota's etc, so I can see at a glance what that document is, and what month it relates to.

I find it very useful.

In addition I have my WT's and OKM's grouped by year, and Moon Reader allows you to drag them into month order irrespective of the document name.

This is also useful for quickly seeing which book is for which month, eg open the list of 2014 WT's and having them arranged from Jan to Dec.

My final tip is to open Settings/Miscellaneous, and in there tick the "swipe left edge of screen to adjust brightness" box.

Now when I'm reading a book I can drag my finger up and down the very left side of the screen, and change the screen intensity very easily.

It looks pretty cool too (tu)

Hi Cindy,

I have an Apple for my meetings and personal study. I recently got a Nexus 7 for service, showing the videos and such. I would like to be able to study the Bible Teach book in a program but have problems with finding an app that works like the apps I am used to. I tried the free version of Moon reader and couldn't see how I could transfer my hand written notes into the book as I study. Will the pro version allow you to do this? I have tried several apps but not finding anything I am comfortable with. Very frustrating. I was happy to learn a new operating system but it has been very frustrating for me. My iPad was too big to take in the ministry, I couldn't afford an iPad mini. The Nexus is fine but getting apps to do what I do on my iPad isn't happening. Even to show the videos I had to use like 3 different apps to download, set up playlists and then play. I haven't studied the book yet cuz I just haven't found an app to really do it well. The latest one my handwriting looks like a first graders. I would pay for MoonReader pro if I thought it would do what I wanted.

I noticed your frustration with your new Android tablet/Nexus 7

But you are really correct in your feelings because simply Apple Apps overall are of much greater quality.

This is confirmed by people/businesses that create Apps for both Android and Apple.

They explain how Apple has very high criteria before an app will finally be accepted, therefore higher quality.

Whereas Android Apps have lower standards, therefore lower quality generally. But then adding to this porblem is that apparently the process to create these Android apps are more complicated than IOS/Apple apps and takes longer!

So no wonder creators of Android apps the majority of the time often just do the minimum since the standards are lower and it takes so long to create the App!

The conclusion many come to then is that the iPad is much better than the Android tablet when discussing Apps.

Maybe a certain Android tablet has a few things that an iPad cannot do, but still overall the Apps are so much better on the iPad that it outweighs almost any function/s that the iPad may not have.

So I completely understand your frustration. :(

What is interesting is that the Nexus 7 you chose is actually 1 of the best rated Android 7" tablets there is and for a great price.

You chose excellent :)

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

I am really enjoying my Nexus 7 tablet and now am using it more than my 10 in tablet.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I won't get in an Apple VS android debate, but I have found much more frustration with Apple products and apps then I have with Android. Mostly because Android is so customizable, you can find a way to do things just as you want them, not how Apple says you will do things. 

Again, we do not want this to degenerate into an Apple vs Android debate, so I won't post further on this subject.

I would suggest doing a search at the google Play store that says "Transfer hand written notes into reader" or something like that and then read through the descriptions of what comes up.  I've never made handwritten notes in my books because I have a nice little keyboard case on my Nexus, so I type all my notes in as if it was a tiny laptop computer.  Moon Reader Pro is constantly updating and adding new things, so even if it's not available now (and I cant say one way or the other) it may become available soon.

There isn't, right now, an app that allows to export anotations on epub from an ipad to an android. Marvin on ipad allows for exporting but you would need an android reader compatible with the exported format (expected android version some time later). On the other hand moon reader allows for exporting annotations but you need moon reader on the other device to import... And there is no ipad version...

So, what I suggest is to study on the pdf versions. With the pdf you have several options for annotations interchange between ipad and android, for instance EzPdf reader and iAnnotate or even Adobe Acrobat... Try one of those options ;)

I don't even know what an 'epub' or 'Moon Reader' is, lol...

Epub - place where you can get drunk electronically

Moon reader - kind of spectacles that allows you to read messages on the moon's surface

Lol :P :p

Now, serious:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB

http://www.moondownload.com/

Moon Reader is an app for Android tablets and phones that you can download books and publications into and then open them up and study or read them. Epub is one of the formats you can download the publications in, you can do all kinds of things with an .epub file that you can't do with a .pdf.

Moon Reader is an app for Android tablets and phones that you can download books and publications into and then open them up and study or read them. Epub is one of the formats you can download the publications in, you can do all kinds of things with an .epub file that you can't do with a .pdf.

On reality the only thing you can't do with the pdf's is read the scriptures with a link ;)

You can do all sorts of annotations. For instance, with ezpdf, much more than on moon reader ... Including inserting your own pop-up boxes with the scriptures (but this is tiresome)

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)