JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Importing Epubs from JW.org into Moon Reader Pro

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3384 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Question -

What is the best way to find specific pages for PDFs and EPubs?  I love Moon+ Reader except when we're reviewing the Yearbooks.  It takes me the entire 10 minutes to try and find exactly what page they're on since it doesn't seem to correspond with the pages in the real book.  Grrrr...

I have a similar problem with PDFs.  One time a few weeks ago, I found myself at a meeting without my songbook.  I prefer the book with the notations so, that what I used.  It was also VERY difficult to find the songs after the first one.  :(

What am I missing?  Please help....

Question -

What is the best way to find specific pages for PDFs and EPubs? I love Moon+ Reader except when we're reviewing the Yearbooks. It takes me the entire 10 minutes to try and find exactly what page they're on since it doesn't seem to correspond with the pages in the real book. Grrrr...

I have a similar problem with PDFs. One time a few weeks ago, I found myself at a meeting without my songbook. I prefer the book with the notations so, that what I used. It was also VERY difficult to find the songs after the first one. :(

What am I missing? Please help....

On the yearbook epub (or other books) you have a link to each page bellow the title "page navigation" on the beginning of the book

mevubetu.jpg

There is no natural correlation between an epub page and the book because the nature of an epub makes its pages change depending on the formating you choose.

On the other end, the pdf has the exact correlation as the printed version. If you use ezpdf reader follow this steps to quickly go to the desired page:

Touch the pointed area, then write the desired page and... Voilá!

gy8u7ypu.jpg

Edited by jayrtom

I faintly remember trying different eBook apps for my Android device. The main problem for me as regards MoonReader was its lack of support for non-Latin characters.

A major part of my theocratic activities focus on languages using Ethiopian characters (Ge'ez). Finding an easy-to-use/intuitive Android app that would make it easy to read/show publications of the Organisation has thus been almost impossible. It doesn't seem to be depending on whether an appropriate font has been installed on the device or not. I can see the characters just fine when for instance viewing the Daily Text on WOL in either Tigrinya or Amharic.

Additional challenge has been to find an app that fulfills the requirement above, but also has no limit on the font size. Sometimes I've joined in at a Bible study where the Tigrinya-speaking student is also visually-impaired. If the characters are large enough he can read the Scriptures for instance, but most apps seem to be offering just a few predefined options, eg. Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Huge. How about XXXXXL?

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

I faintly remember trying different eBook apps for my Android device. The main problem for me as regards MoonReader was its lack of support for non-Latin characters.

A major part of my theocratic activities focus on languages using Ethiopian characters (Ge'ez). Finding an easy-to-use/intuitive Android app that would make it easy to read/show publications of the Organisation has thus been almost impossible. It doesn't seem to be depending on whether an appropriate font has been installed on the device or not. I can see the characters just fine when for instance viewing the Daily Text on WOL in either Tigrinya or Amharic.

Additional challenge has been to find an app that fulfills the requirement above, but also has no limit on the font size. Sometimes I've joined in at a Bible study where the Tigrinya-speaking student is also visually-impaired. If the characters are large enough he can read the Scriptures for instance, but most apps seem to be offering just a few predefined options, eg. Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Huge. How about XXXXXL?

Hi Julius

Moon Reader can increase the font as much as you want (and intuitively sliding your finger on the right corner of the divece)

Is it big enough?

Posted Image

I don't know if the characters are correct on the above image but you can put any special font on the folder "sdcard/fonts". You can choose also the option "use embeded font" to use the font used to create the magazine. When opening, if the font is missing you have the option to download it.

Hope this helps ;)

• 2 months later...

Uami,

I'm not sure how to do this on an Android tablet BUT, in iBooks (Apple), you can select one of two choices - show iBooks page numbers OR show actual page numbers.  This is only true of EPUBs though.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

• 4 months later...

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)