JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Oregon Coast Video Tour

In the "Introduction and Warm Welcomes" Forum I am giving a Video Tour of the Oregon Coast. One new Member - One new video.

Help give our new members a warm welcome.

With emphasis on Sea Stacks, Arches, Birds and the Sound of the Ocean

Eerie Fog, Blue Skies, Beautiful Sunsets

Look for these birds common to the Oregon Coastpost-204-0-59137300-1400541342.jpgpost-204-0-73272200-1400541343.jpgpost-204-0-30561600-1400541344.jpgpost-204-0-06585300-1400541345.jpgpost-204-0-88172100-1400541345.jpgpost-204-0-46052900-1403729871.jpg

Edited by lynn

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I'm an Oregon Native. I was in Jewell by the game refuge (where I went to school) Scappoose, St. Helens, Claskanine, Astoria (where I raised my kids). Visited regularly Seaside (shopping center!!) Newport, Tillamook (Moo!) 

Oregon coast is beautiful,  Cannon Beach has reached it limits of interest for me- too crowded.

The birds are beautiful Lynn, what's the last one called??

Lincoln City has many special interest places to go. I love it there.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I'm an Oregon Native. I was in Jewell by the game refuge (where I went to school) Scappoose, St. Helens, Claskanine, Astoria (where I raised my kids). Visited regularly Seaside (shopping center!!) Newport, Tillamook (Moo!) 

Oregon coast is beautiful,  Cannon Beach has reached it limits of interest for me- too crowded.

The birds are beautiful Lynn, what's the last one called??

Lincoln City has many special interest places to go. I love it there.

Tufted Puffin

If you mouse over the pictures the names should pop-up. That probably don't work on a tablet or phone however.

Unfortunately I record numerous angles of some Rocks. When one walks around Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach (the most over photographed rock in Oregon) everything changes and it is like looking at a different Rock. I enjoyed watching the Gulls spar over their little spot on the rock.  Many of the Shots I have were stupidly dangerous to get to and I must admit I had numerous cliff falling nightmares afterwards. Many of the places can only be reached during a minus tide and then only if you know the way. It takes a lot of research and talking with locals. I am sure that I have missed numerous places as I limited myself as to how long I would leave my dear wife in the car. I have one 4.8 mile round trip hike yet to do for a shot at a point with 4 arches or cave entrances. Great exercise. 

Oh man Lynn, that's brave...er ya brave!! The water is so dangerous there. The sneeker waves have taken more than I like hearing about. 

That said, the coast has a beauty that does change as the sun changes places. I can appreciate the ones you take. And the minus tide takes a special talent to manage. How many the Coast Guard has had to rescue by helicopter! 

When we moved over here to Washington I appreciated some new camera spots. I had a great time this morning with the camera, in a skirt I didn't wander to far from the car. And I'm not a big camera person like you and Lance, but my little 35mm does ok for me.

Now I gotta go look at that video tour of yours....... 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I feel a lot safer in a tight spot with a minus tide than not. I was recording inside the devil's punchbowl at a -.7 tide and felt safe where as when I recorded from the top down a fellow had to run for it but the tide was probably 4 ft. Higher than when I was down there.

Can't wait!!!

One of my favorite places in the North West is Coos Bay!

Surprisingly posted with my tablet!

I am familiar with four of the State Parks on the Cape Arago HWY out of Charleston/Coos Bay. I stumbled on Yoakam Point State Park by accident when I stayed at a RV park with the only easy access a few years ago. Very strange rock formations. Worked with a Brother on Shore Acres back in the early 70's for a few months and the sea lions were quite vocal. We would tease each other that our wives were calling. Shell Island where they hang out is really cool but the tide has to be right for pictures because the reef has but a few feet of water over it at high tide.

• 1 month later...

In today's (06-25-14) 10 Welcome postings in the "Introductions & Warm Welcome" Forum can be found all of the birds pictured in the first post of this Topic including the Tufted Puffin and a rare Black Oystercatcher. Enjoy!

Some of the videos are not of the best quality because of a cloudy and windy day at full zoom.

• 1 month later...

Really educational.  My sister from Florida is moving to Oregon in the next year and I said if she did I would save up for a visit. It's a long way from little New Zealand. Mind you in a year who knows what we will be doing.

• 1 month later...

In the Welcome Thread I started today posting "Gayle's Dog".  A 30-40' high rock formation that looks like a dog begging for food. My wife noticed it first so I named it after her. I took video on 4 different days with different weather and tide.

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/16807-skydancer62-has-joined-the-forums/?p=239991

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/16808-pravin-zala-has-joined-the-forums/?p=239992

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/16809-ryan88-has-joined-the-forums/?p=239993

• 5 weeks later...

Being from Eugene, Oregon I have enjoyed the beauty of Oregon. In fact my wife(Kathy) and I took a relaxing slow drive down Territorial road to Hwy 38 to Drain and back this afternoon.

Kathy and I recently stayed for a time in a yurt on a farm along the Willamette River. We had a wonderful time relaxing and having the run of the farm to explore while we were there. Horses a mule and a lot of old timer farm equipment there that they still use on their natural food farm. 

I greatly appreciate the mild weather Oregon gets, other than Mt St. Helen's erupting in 1980 and a few snow and freezing rain storms we have had it pretty easy in our state. 

Kathy and I do not get to the coast as much as we would like but we REALLY enjoy it when we are there.

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

Being from Eugene, Oregon I have enjoyed the beauty of Oregon. In fact my wife(Kathy) and I took a relaxing slow drive down Territorial road to Hwy 38 to Drain and back this afternoon.

Kathy and I recently stayed for a time in a yurt on a farm along the Willamette River. We had a wonderful time relaxing and having the run of the farm to explore while we were there. Horses a mule and a lot of old timer farm equipment there that they still use on their natural food farm. 

I greatly appreciate the mild weather Oregon gets, other than Mt St. Helen's erupting in 1980 and a few snow and freezing rain storms we have had it pretty easy in our state. 

Kathy and I do not get to the coast as much as we would like but we REALLY enjoy it when we are there.

HWY 38 from Drain to Reedsport is absolutely breathtaking in the fall. The colors are amazing. It is a little early right now but getting close. The only down side is the chip trucks that love to hog the road.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite place on the Oregon coast is Mack Reef. Long hike to get to it for a close up but worth it. In the videos, from last week thru next week I have shots from 5 miles north, close up and from 6 miles south. This part of the coast has a lot of arches and a lot of fun to hike for that nice camera angle.

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/17440-zkitworld-has-joined-the-forums/

• 1 month later...

350 miles of coast line and hundreds of videos later I come to an end of the Oregon Coast Video Tour. I end the Video Welcome's in the "Introductions & Warm Welcome" Thread with a couple Sunset videos I took in November 2014 while celebrating my wife and I's 25th Wedding Anniversary. The time lapse one you will have to wait for the whole sky to turn red.

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/18298-52ah-has-joined-the-forums/

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/18300-usbethelite14473-has-joined-the-forums/

Hmmm. Time to start another tour then.  Down the valley and up to the mountains there is plenty more beauty to find.  I have really enjoyed your videos, thank you for sharing them.  

Enjoy the celebration of your 25 years of marriage with your wife, its only a start on an eternity of love and companionship together as Jehovah's servants you can have together.

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.