JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3355 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

even more fascinating that God was pleased, eh? This often makes me wonder - especially as we are reading Leviticus and how God required these sacrifices later. Hmmmmm

I hate reading the details of the sacrifices in Leviticus, I love animals so much and I hate that I can't fathom why Jehovah loved the fact that they were killed and put on a smoking BBQ .  I guess it had something to do with the times it happened in.  I'm just so grateful Jesus gave his life and stopped the animal sacrifices!  Even the birds - they are so beautiful and I love watching them but NEVER could I kill one!  Different times require different sacrifices I guess.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Jerry, you must have a pet that you love very much.

P.S. I can't even kill a bug anymore because I realize they are all made by Jehovah and he keeps track of all the ones that die! They are all living things and I can't kill a one of them because my Father made them! My DAD is the best inventor ever!

Edited by shali

I would like to ask Able what made him realize that killing one of the very creatures God asked him to take care of was how to please Jehovah.  I've never figured that out - you'd think the God who created these beautiful creatures would be upset that you slaughtered them and offered them as a sacrifice but somehow Able figured out that it would very much please Jehovah.

Here is some food for thought .... (Genesis 3:21) . . ."And Jehovah God made long garments from skins for Adam and for his wife, to clothe them"

So, since Jehovah was first to use the hide from a dead animal for clothing, the idea of killing an animal may have come from Him. It seems doubtful that he would have used the skins from an already dead, decomposing animal. It seems more in keeping with His cleanliness for him to have used an animal that died for the purpose of providing that clothing.

Also, keep in mind that when the two brothers made their offerings they evidently already had sisters. Also, the Insight Book mentions that, since Adam was 130 years old when he had Seth, that this was probably not long after Able had died.

Also, Cain and Able were grown men when Cain killed his brother. It is even possible that Cain may have already had a wife since the account mentions his fathering children after being exiled. Either one of his sisters was already his wife or some female sought out the murderer.

With all this in mind, the point is that killing animals was probably nothing new for Adam and his sons.

The Insight Book also makes this point:

it-1 p. 15 Abel

While it cannot be said that Abel had any foreknowledge of the eventual outworking of the divine promise at Genesis 3:15 concerning the promised “seed,” he likely had given much thought to that promise and believed that blood would have to be shed, someone would have to be ‘bruised in the heel,’ so that mankind might be uplifted again to the state of perfection that Adam and Eve had enjoyed before their rebellion. (Heb 11:4) In the light of this, Abel’s offering of the firstlings of his flock certainly was appropriate and undoubtedly was a factor in God’s expression of approval. To the Giver of life, Abel gave as his gift life, even though it was only from among the flock.—Compare Joh 1:36.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

with so many faithful ones that are due to be included in the resurrection of the righteous, a few questions...

to ask John please describe the voice of Jehovah as you heard it after baptizing his human Son

to Noah how did you protect yourselves from the Nephilim

to Abel did the cherubs ever move or speak to you or to anyone, did the same ones guard the entrance to Eden until the Deluge

to Abraham what dialogue was there between you and Isaac after Jehovah provided the ram and spared your son,   
       and what thoughts entered into you when you were instructed to "take, please, your only son whom you so love"...
       and who taught you to love Jehovah

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

To Methuselah- now that you have read the history book called the Bible, how does it feel to know you are the oldest person to ever live?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

But don't expect him to introduce you to his parents. :)

Ahhhhh! The perfect marriage! No inlaws!

That is a joke. I loved and miss mine!

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I'd like to ask Noah if Methuselah was one of the ones killed by the flood...doing math he died the same year as flood

You would think if he were alive he would of gotten on the Ark with Noah and his family.  He could of died just before the flood came - perhaps he had plans to join them prior to that or felt that he was going to die soon anyways so why bother getting on the ark?

I would like to ask Jehovah, at what point did he decide to create a "son"? Why? He didn't need companionship or anyone to love him to feel needed, so what prompted him to create Jesus? (I'd also like to know, if after the fact, he wished he had done it sooner!!!)

I would like to ask Jehovah, at what point did he decide to create a "son"? Why? He didn't need companionship or anyone to love him to feel needed, so what prompted him to create Jesus? (I'd also like to know, if after the fact, he wished he had done it sooner!!!)

Jehovah loves to share everything include the joy of life...

Edited by ivy

:bouncing:

I was reading this to Tom and he thought these were all good questions, but he is wondering about the blood that was around the courtyard where they slaughtered and sacrificed ALL those MANY animals. The smell of all that blood must have been horrible and how did they clean up all the mess of all those sacrifices?!?!   :S  

I would like to talk to the wives of Abraham, Isaac and others whose husbands were used extensively and had Jehovah's love and support. The emotion of knowing Jehovah approves of them and is using them for a great purpose and they are willing to do all he asks. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I want to ask Jonathan how he was able to defer to David. What was in him to be able to find the strength to do so.
I also want to know what Adam and Eve's hair and eye colors were. Did they each have two different eye colors
to make up the beautiful colors we see today. Or did their children have the genes to make the various eyes, facial
features, and hair textures we see today. I noticed there are more people with straight black hair than any other
group in the world.

I also want to know how Jehovah's voice sounds. Secretly I also want to know what the angel said to
Jesus to comfort him. I probably would not understand how the angel comforted Jesus because it would be
beyond my comprehension.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

well, this is not what I want to ask, is what I have to tell to someone very special

8 years ago I had a conversation with my great grandmother about how she met the truth, as he began preaching in Mexico, of the difficulties she had to be faithful to Jehovah ... well, we talked about the service she gave to Jehovah throughout her life.

She concluded her talk telling my younger brother and me: "I lived the beginning of preaching here, I taught the truth to my 9 children including your grandfather, his grandfather transmitted the truth to their children including your mother, in turn your mother transmitted the truth to you, and you ... you two will see the conclusion of preaching. If Jehovah resurrects me in paradise ... I want to see you there and you two have to tell me how it was over ... and how this system of things ended up." Some days later she told two of my aunts with the warm smile that always characterized my grandmother Doña Dolores: "I will make a very long trip ...  I’ll see you in paradise." 15 days after the conversation I had with my grandmother, she passed away. She had the death of the righteous; she went to her bed to sleep and did not wake up.

My great grandmother left me a great responsibility, and the most valuable legacy that anyone can receive, born among Jehovah’s people and knowing His purpose since I was a child.

All we were born in a Christian home should value this privilege and not get tired much less when we are so close to the end of the system of things. Those who have learned the truth during the course of his life should also be appreciated that our God has attracted them to the truth.

Do not stop working nor get tired in the work that the Lord has given us. For in due time we will reap if we do not tire out.

• 1 month later...

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)