JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Keeping up with current/new terms & adjustments ... should we?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3060 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Um who is a dummy? Personally I take exception to that term. 

Well maybe just a little.

Greg, here in the U.S., every store that sells books has several of the "dummie" books.  They are entitled "Microsoft for Dummies" or "Twitter for Dummies" or "Golf for dummies" - they are basically books that take you to the very basics of what you need to know about whatever you want to know about.  For instance, I bought a Windows 8 computer not too long ago and also purchased a "windows 8 for Dummies" book because I didn't know the first thing about this new operating system.  I wasn't calling anyone a name, I was just using this series of "dummie" books to make my point.  Sorry if it offended you in any way.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

You need to post another one of those "dummie" books - "J.W. Acronyms for Dummies" !

I resemble that comment.........or should I say the need for that book.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Sorry Shali I was suffering with a bad head ache and took it too hard. DIdn't mean too. Sorry bout that.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Wow! We are so used to it being called the RBC! Wish the Branch would print an article with all the new terms in one place, but it would probably be out of date as soon as it gets into our hands! When the light gets bright it really shines like the sun!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

no worries! I'm just glad you said something so I could explain. I wouldn't want you to "stew' on it and have it affect you adversely.

you mean give 'em a tummy ache to go with the head ache?

Here is a short list:

Theocratic Acronyms and Their Meaning
CA Circuit Assembly
BSCC Bible School for Christian Couples

RC Regional Convention
WBTS Watchtower Bible & Tract Society
WT Watchtower
AH Assembly Hall
KH Kingdom Hall
BOE Body of Elders
COBE Coordinator Of Body of Elders
MS Ministerial Servant
CO Circuit Overseer
DO District Overseer
RBC Regional Building Committee
IVCW International Volunteer Construction Workers
DRC Disaster Relief Committee
MEPS Multi-language Electronic Photo-type System
TMS Theocratic Ministry School
SM Service Meeting
CBS Congregation Bible Study
PSS Pioneer Service School
KMS Kingdom Ministry School
SCE School for Congregation Elders
SKE School for Kingdom Evangelizers

Feel free to add more.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Thats what I was looking for. I know most of them but no one uses them from the platform at all so when someone throws an acronym out there its hard to tell what they are talking about. The conversation is lost. Especially with someone that has dyslexia like me. That is a very serious disability for many. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

*** it-1 p. 73 Alien Resident ***

Following the restoration of the remnant of Israelites from the Babylonian exile, alien residents, comprised of such groups as the Nethinim (meaning “Given Ones”), slaves, professional male and female singers, and the sons of the servants of Solomon, were again found associated with them in true worship at the temple. The Nethinim included the Gibeonites who had been assigned by Joshua to permanent temple service. (Ezr 7:7, 24; 8:17-20; Jos 9:22-27) Down to the last mention of them these alien residents were inseparable adherents to the true worship of Jehovah, serving with the remnant of faithful natural Israelites who had returned from Babylon. (Ne 11:3, 21) In the postexilic period, prophets of Jehovah reiterated the principles of the Law covenant that safeguarded the rights of the alien resident.—Zec 7:10; Mal 3:5.

Had to look up Given Ones on CD-didn't remember reading about them before.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

Given One is a term that is being associated to the "other sheep" elders that will take lead of the Organization after all anointed are gone, that is, after the GT but before Battle of Arm, all anointed will join their King in the heavenly Kingdom, therefore, Organizational leadership will transfer to the Given Ones... note the Bethel speakers at the International Conventions this year :uhhuh:

...   can't keep up!  ...    here's another one   ... http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/13918-all-things-rbc/page-6#entry226154

so RBC will become LDC   ...   here'a another interesting thought   ...  

Do you think the term "Pioneer" will be replaced with another more definitive updated term?    ...   maybe when / what if?  ... http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/15582-august-campaign-30-hours-auxillary/

Edited by timpin

Given One is a term that is being associated to the "other sheep" elders that will take lead of the Organization after all anointed are gone, that is, after the GT but before Battle of Arm, all anointed will join their King in the heavenly Kingdom, therefore, Organizational leadership will transfer to the Given Ones... note the Bethel speakers at the International Conventions this year :uhhuh:

Oh my goodness! Terms that are taking us right into the new system! Chills down my spine!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

New/old term for pioneers.,.

Planters.. And Waters

As long as your not a drip.. ;)

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.