JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

christian bale as moses

What is up with the Bible movies lately?  Hollywood must be running out of stories to make movies, lol.

Reminds me of these two scriptures:

(Ecclesiastes 1:9) . . .What has been is what will be, And what has been done will be done again; There is nothing new under the sun. . .

(Ecclesiastes 12:12) . . .To the making of many books (and/or movies) there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Jehovah's adversary has often tried to enter his own counterfeit solutions... his own life forms, government, religions...

anything to keep people from Reading the Bible and learning the truth...

JW: "may I share a scripture from the Bible with you today?"

hh: "oh no, thank you dear. we saw the movie."

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Satan is in charge of Hollywood - this movie will have little to no accuracy to it. Do you know how many little kids are going to grow up thinking that the Russell Crow "Noah" is the bible's version?!!! It will be the same with this movie.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Another bible story to ruin with this world foolishness probally. http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/07/01/first-look-christian-bale-as-moses-in-ridley-scotts-exodus/

All these movies do is discredit God's word and muddy the waters of truth. I can't stand to watch them. It's too bad because with the technology they could be a great teaching aid, ... if they weren't half fiction. :popcorn:(td)

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

The movie "The Ten Commandments" Was actually very truthful and accurate. The only thing they messed up was they let moses go in private. Moses actually fled. If they stick to the same format for this movie it could really be an awesome movie. I would go see it on Imax 3D if it was any good at all.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

All these movies do is discredit God's word and muddy the waters of truth. I can't stand to watch them. It's too bad because with the technology they could be a great teaching aid, ... if they weren't half fiction. :popcorn:(td)

That's why we love Caleb...  :uhhuh:  :uhhuh:

:bouncing:

Satan is in charge of Hollywood - this movie will have little to no accuracy to it. Do you know how many little kids are going to grow up thinking that the Russell Crow "Noah" is the bible's version?!!! It will be the same with this movie.

YES, YES. Moses, Charleston Heston, ten commandments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure all of hades will rain down on my for saying this but I really like Cecil B. DeMills version of the Ten Commandments. They definitely embellished with added characters and dialog but when it came to the really important things, they did a pretty good job (when I was a kid, Jehovah's name was in it twice and we couldn't wait for those parts - now your are fortunate to hear it once). They had Pharoah surviving in the end which was wrong but my mother always let us watch it as long as we had our Bibles with us and could discern the inaccuracies of the movie from what the bible said.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I'm sure all of hades will rain down on my for saying this but I really like Cecil B. DeMills version of the Ten Commandments. They definitely embellished with added characters and dialog but when it came to the really important things, they did a pretty good job (when I was a kid, Jehovah's name was in it twice and we couldn't wait for those parts - now your are fortunate to hear it once). They had Pharoah surviving in the end which was wrong but my mother always let us watch it as long as we had our Bibles with us and could discern the inaccuracies of the movie from what the bible said.

I think we all tolerated the inaccuracies because we love visual aids and how the technology was used in accurate scenes. I'm so glad the FDS is doing so much more for us visually e.g. Like at our convention and on jw.org. :ecstatic:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

I appreciated a point At the convention that Caleb and Sophia are such great tools but our children need to learn about the real life bible characters. So many like David, Elijah and Moses have amazing lives and hollywood doesn't need to embellish them. However, they could use their technology to really make them come alive. I don't even mind artistic license, because we don't know details. Like did Noah have helpers, did he meet, interact or have dealings with the materiiazed angels or their offspring. I just wish they would stick to the story as written.

Once upon a time in Hollywood, most of the movie studio owners were Jewish - Louie B. Mayer, Thalberg, Warner Brothers, Goldwin.. and etc.  Before the lewd law went into effect, they made movies based on the Bible.  They did use other authors like the guy who wrote Ben Hur, and in his book he had Jehovah's name in it as the only one Hebrew God, not Jesus as God Almighty (I forget the man who wrote Ben Hur), anyway, they did Biblical films that used Jehovah's name in it.  Today, most of the movie moguls are now deceased.  They're studios sold to other companies, chopped up and spit out.  What most produce now is animated, high tech science, and immorality and violence galore!   I saw the trailer on this MOSES, and it just doesn't make sense, all of a sudden he's a warrior with his half brother Rama-see's.  The Bible doesn't name the Pharaoh!   Its Hollywood remastering an old movie (the 10 commandments) but with a twist.   It sure is twisted!!!    If we hold on, down the pike, we'll meet the real Moses, and he can tell us, better yet, he can supervise our brothers and sister's who make films for us.  Why just tell it, make a film out of it, the Ten Commandments!

• 3 weeks later...

So Hollywood running out of ideas with all the sequels, reboots and remakes so much that they have to take Bible stories and twist them so much that they barely resemble the source material and past movies based on the same thing? Wow... Just wow... I bet even the animated movie Prince of Egypt is more historically accurate than this film will be...

• 3 months later...

"Wow! Christian Bale is an amazing actor! So this is going to be an amazing movie, right??"... so much for my first thought when I read this....

Well: This is from the director of "Gladiator", and you can tell by looking at the trailer... Gladiator was not known for its' historic accuracy.....

The costumes and props look like they were at least a thousand years ahead. Did Moses really run around in half-plate armor? Did the Egyptian chariots carry banners like in the medieval ages? Did the Egyptians have Roman-style Gladius short broadswords as depicted in the sparring scene? Wait... why the heck is Moses leading an army against Pharaoh's armies??? Did I miss something in my weekly bible reading?

To me, this film looks like it's going to be more focused on the rivalry between Moses and Pharao (we don't even know if he was Ramses at all.... history actually places Moses birth around the time period of Thutmosis III and Hatshepsut) who sort of grew up as brothers and claims are laid that Moses may have had a right to rule Egypt having been the adopted son of "Pharao's daughter"...

So my money is banked on the first hour being all about this rivalry, then Moses making a decision out of the goodness of his heart to help his oppressed people, then he gets a weird dream that tells him something is going to happen, then he talks to Pharao, they argue, 10 plagues happen, Pharao lets the Hebrews go, changes his mind, Pharao dies.... I'll bet they completely sideline Aaron and totally leave out Moses flight into the wilderness, marrying Zipporah, the burning bush and Jehovah.

To top it all off, Christian Bale's acting in the trailer looks like it is actually being surpassed by that of the actor playing Pharao...

I'll wait for some first heads-up about how wickedly this movie strays away from the original (I'm never going to watch Noah) before I decide to watch it, but my first impression is like

:upset::no::nope:  :wall::cry:(td)  :angry_cursing: