JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How Caleb & Sofia come to life!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3518 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

thanks for posting this TIM! That was so cool to watch! So many talented ones working for Jehovah and I LOVED seeing all the little ones from all over the world!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

kid's saying "thank you Jehovah" at the end in the different languages, talk about ... CUTE ATTACK!!

All those talented animators that could make big money working for themselves or a commercial company devoting their energy and talent and time to Jehovah - I know Jehovah will bless them all, but I'm thinking that knowing how many children (Young and old) really love the series is also a great reward.

Edited by sunshine

All those talented animators that could make big money working for themselves or a commercial company devoting their energy and talent and time to Jehovah - I know Jehovah will bless them all, but I'm thinking that knowing how many children (Young and old) really love the series is also a great reward.

No idea if they are earning big money or not but my understanding is the videos are produced by a commercial computer animation company run by a brother.

The video shows Caleb taking us on a tour of Bethel, not a commercial company. I do know that some animation is possible at Bethel as we know some in the art department.

I will see what I can find out ...... no promises

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The video shows Caleb taking us on a tour of Bethel, not a commercial company. I do know that some animation is possible at Bethel as we know some in the art department.

I will see what I can find out ...... no promises

If I recall correctly the video of the 2012 annual meeting showed a brother in bethel drawing Caleb's expressions...

Just because we didn't follow your "suggestion" doesn't mean we didn't see it, boss   :)

I was hoping you wouldn't take it so offensively , it was meant to come across in the kindest of all ways - please forgive me if you didn't take it as it was intended.

Absolutely love this video! I've always wondered from the beginning how the brothers (and sisters) make the Caleb and Sophia videos. Maybe because I'm an animation buff and love behind the scenes videos from animated films and regular films. It takes a lot of talent to make one. But we all know these videos are made with Jehovah's help so it's not so surprising to find out where the talent comes from :P

According to a local brother with friends in the graphics department, the branch invited a few brothers from Pixar to make a short animation, and that one-time assignment turned into an invitation to join Bethel permanently.

Wow, really? I know a lot of people probably work with Pixar, but it never came to me that some of them were our brothers. Cool!

According to a local brother with friends in the graphics department, the branch invited a few brothers from Pixar to make a short animation, and that one-time assignment turned into an invitation to join Bethel permanently.

Wow, really? I know a lot of people probably work with Pixar, but it never came to me that some of them were our brothers. Cool!

Wonderfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow... We have brothers in Pixar!!

:bouncing: