JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Magnitude 8.9 Quake Hits Japan

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4757 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

They've been hit by a significant tsunami, apparently 4 metres (about 13 feet) near where the quake happened - it was felt in the Diet in Tokyo. Right now there are tsunami warnings for much of the north Pacific region. According to a retweet by the White House Press Corp. the Hawaii Civil Defence Corps are expecting up to 10 foot waves to hit about 3 am local time.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/japan-hit-by-massive-8-8-magnitude-great-earthquake-tsunami-triggered/

Reuters

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is terrible , but at the same time is a reminder hat we are so close to the end of this present system of things..... I am just watching the news and thinking of our brothers and sisters. The Tsunami is expected to hit Hawaii and the rest of the Pacific rim in about 4 hours time.

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

My facebook is going mad with worldly friends and family asking if the world is going to end next year!! I've told them all to read Matthew 24! One man came back online and said he had just read it and WOW was his comment and that he is going to read more! Our poor brothers and sisters in Japan, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea are all going to be affected. Jehovah knows how to care for them.

Just imagine that an 8.9 magnitude is 10 x stronger then 7.9 and 100 x stronger then a 6.9! Let us just hope that many more will understand that Gods Kingdom should come! Hopefully our brothers and sisters are OK. Lets pray for them.

My facebook is going mad with worldly friends and family asking if the world is going to end next year!! I've told them all to read Matthew 24! One man came back online and said he had just read it and WOW was his comment and that he is going to read more!

Nice one Rachee...this earthquake they are saying is the biggest ever to hit Japan...what with earthquakes...the Middle East...people have really got to wake up...and we know honest hearted ones will...:bible2:

My facebook is going mad with worldly friends and family asking if the world is going to end next year!! I've told them all to read Matthew 24! One man came back online and said he had just read it and WOW was his comment and that he is going to read more!

Nice one Rachee...this earthquake they are saying is the biggest ever to hit Japan...what with earthquakes...the Middle East...people have really got to wake up...and we know honest hearted ones will...:bible2:

I'm working nights at a Nuclear Power plant... In Japan 5 nuclear power plants have had to shut down... One is reporting that their emergency cooling equipment is not functioning... Hopefully a earthquake and tsunami disaster do not turn into multiple radiation contamination disasters!

Plants Shut Down

1108 Japan's Kyodo news agency is now reporting that 'an emergency core-cooling unit has been activated' at Fukushima nuclear plant.

Authorities are already dealing with a fire in the turbine building of Onagawa nuclear plant in Miyagi Prefecture.

According to RTE/NHK Japan Television : http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0311/tsunami.html

We have called friends and family on the Pacific North Coast. One of the elders has been contacted also. We are praying for those we are unable to reach by phone. Still, it is not predicted to hit Crescent City California until 7:23 a.m. pacific time. If you have friends there, there is still time to wake them with a phone call and tell them to turn on their news. They can then determine if they need to move inland or to higher ground. They need to move immediately.

i live along the coast in central california and we are getting word to evacuate just 15 minutes north of us. communities called avila beach, low lying parts of grover beach, port san luis, and cayucos have all been asked to evacuate! also point conception and santa barbara harbor. pretty scary indeed. the sea level has risen and is expected to crest in about 2 hours.......

Coincidentally, my wife is visiting Japan right now. She is safe, though the phone systems are down. Lots of aftershocks, one even being 7.1.

Please continue praying for all of our zealous brothers and sisters over there.

awful , but has been said underlining where we are in the stream brothers and sisters.

i do find death tolls totally pointless at this time... it will be 1000's so i dont see the point in the bbc and other news networks saying its 10 dead, 20 dead... its now 40 dead.. etc...

anyway, lets hope its not tens of thousands

its coming...

brotherly love stuart

awful , but has been said underlining where we are in the stream brothers and sisters.

i do find death tolls totally pointless at this time... it will be 1000's so i dont see the point in the bbc and other news networks saying its 10 dead, 20 dead... its now 40 dead.. etc...

anyway, lets hope its not tens of thousands

its coming...

brotherly love stuart

so true.