JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Malaysia plane crash :(

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3551 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yes crashed in eastern ukraine. Seams they suspect a russian surface to air missile. Funny how that can happen. Air Canada has come out and said that they have avoided any flight path for some time. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

This morning in the Huffington Post/July 18, 2014:

Obama: At Least One American Citizen Was Killed In Malaysia Airlines Crash

(words of President Obama at White House Press Conference)

President Barack Obama spoke about Thursday's Malaysia Airlines crash, calling the deaths of the 298 passengers "an outrage of unspeakable proportions" and saying "we know at least one American citizen" was killed.  Obama named Quinn Lucas Schansman as the victim from the U.S.

Obama also called for an immediate ceasefire in Ukraine.

"This was a global tragedy. An Asian airliner was destroyed in European skies, filled with citizens from many countries, so there has to be a credible international investigation into what happened," Obama said in a statement delivered from the White House Friday.  "Russia, pro-Russian separatists and Ukraine must adhere to an immediate cease-fire. Evidence must not be tampered with," Obama continued.

"It’s time for peace and security to be restored in Ukraine," Obama said.  Obama repeated sentiments shared by U.S. officials, saying it's believed a surface-to-air missile from an area controlled by pro-Russian separatists took down the jet.  Obama had briefly addressed the plane crash during an appearance in Delaware on Thursday, saying the United States "will offer any assistance we can to determine what happened and why."

Vice President Joe Biden also addressed the plane crash during a Thursday appearance at the 2014 Netroots Nation conference, saying the incident was "not an accident."

*************************************************************************************************** 

*** w12 9/15 pp. 3-4 How This World Will Come to an End ***
WHAT WILL HAPPEN JUST BEFORE THE END?
3 One future development is mentioned by Paul in his letter to the Thessalonians. (Read 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3.) He draws attention to “Jehovah’s day.” As used here, “Jehovah’s day” refers to the period that will start with the destruction of false religion and will culminate in the war of Armageddon. However, just before that day of Jehovah begins, world leaders will be saying “Peace and security!” This may refer to one event or to a series of events. Nations may think that they are close to solving some of their big problems. What about the religious leaders? They are part of the world, so it is possible that they will join the political leaders. (Rev. 17:1, 2) The clergy would thus be imitating the false prophets of ancient Judah. Jehovah said about them: “They [are] saying, ‘There is peace! There is peace!’ when there is no peace.”—Jer. 6:14; 23:16, 17.

(my comment)

So far, it is being said in statements when tragedy of this nature effect's various nations involved like the downing of this airline.  Its either one event or a series of events.  My guess its a series of events which brings the words out more clearly when the U.N., gets involved.)

The UN is calling for an Internation Investigation of the incident. I guess one of the rebel commanders posted a tweet at the same time the plane was shot down that said they had shot down a Ukrainian cargo plane! The tweet was deleted from his account not too soon after that! You never know what will come from this . . .. guess we can all just wait and see if it hits a dead end or not.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I noticed this was done on a Monday and I was worried that there may of been convention in Amersterdam the weekend before and perhaps delegates were on this plane - has anyone heard anything or know if there was a big convention in Amsterdam?

This morning in the Huffington Post/July 18, 2014:

Obama: At Least One American Citizen Was Killed In Malaysia Airlines Crash

(words of President Obama at White House Press Conference)

President Barack Obama spoke about Thursday's Malaysia Airlines crash, calling the deaths of the 298 passengers "an outrage of unspeakable proportions" and saying "we know at least one American citizen" was killed.  Obama named Quinn Lucas Schansman as the victim from the U.S.

Obama also called for an immediate ceasefire in Ukraine.

"This was a global tragedy. An Asian airliner was destroyed in European skies, filled with citizens from many countries, so there has to be a credible international investigation into what happened," Obama said in a statement delivered from the White House Friday.  "Russia, pro-Russian separatists and Ukraine must adhere to an immediate cease-fire. Evidence must not be tampered with," Obama continued.

"It’s time for peace and security to be restored in Ukraine," Obama said.  Obama repeated sentiments shared by U.S. officials, saying it's believed a surface-to-air missile from an area controlled by pro-Russian separatists took down the jet.  Obama had briefly addressed the plane crash during an appearance in Delaware on Thursday, saying the United States "will offer any assistance we can to determine what happened and why."

Vice President Joe Biden also addressed the plane crash during a Thursday appearance at the 2014 Netroots Nation conference, saying the incident was "not an accident."

*************************************************************************************************** 

*** w12 9/15 pp. 3-4 How This World Will Come to an End ***

WHAT WILL HAPPEN JUST BEFORE THE END?

3 One future development is mentioned by Paul in his letter to the Thessalonians. (Read 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3.) He draws attention to “Jehovah’s day.” As used here, “Jehovah’s day” refers to the period that will start with the destruction of false religion and will culminate in the war of Armageddon. However, just before that day of Jehovah begins, world leaders will be saying “Peace and security!” This may refer to one event or to a series of events. Nations may think that they are close to solving some of their big problems. What about the religious leaders? They are part of the world, so it is possible that they will join the political leaders. (Rev. 17:1, 2) The clergy would thus be imitating the false prophets of ancient Judah. Jehovah said about them: “They [are] saying, ‘There is peace! There is peace!’ when there is no peace.”—Jer. 6:14; 23:16, 17.

(my comment)

So far, it is being said in statements when tragedy of this nature effect's various nations involved like the downing of this airline.  Its either one event or a series of events.  My guess its a series of events which brings the words out more clearly when the U.N., gets involved.)

My guess is the same, it would probably serious events

I noticed this was done on a Monday and I was worried that there may of been convention in Amersterdam the weekend before and perhaps delegates were on this plane - has anyone heard anything or know if there was a big convention in Amsterdam?

I guess we will have to wait and see if some news agency or someone at Headquarters gives us information.

It seems odd that only Maylasian flights end up missing or shot down (perhaps the first one was shot down too over the Indian ocean)Perhaps an international investigation will uncover something more sinister than anyone realized.

That jet was going to Kuala lumpur from amsterdam. Not the other way. And I saw a news item that said there were 30 Americans on board. Someone will get their rear end handed to them for this one. 

I have a feeling it will be something more like this that will start the pushing and shoving. Not a financial thing. It will be a military manoeuvre or somthing like this that will spark it off. 

They keep changing how many americans were on board and why it was shot down....O.O Strange....I wonder if there is something far more sinister at work here?...

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I have a feeling it will be something more like this that will start the pushing and shoving. Not a financial thing. It will be a military manoeuvre or somthing like this that will spark it off. 

A little help here......

•  I thought the pushing & shoving was already under way.
  • I am inclined to think that "a financial thing " is behind this.

This is shocking news!! Putin is being named worldwide for giving support to these rebels....it has the potential (as does anything in this world) to escalate....

It's funny I was thinking this to me has the feel of how archduke Ferdinand was assassinated.

I think it was during one of the talks that a brother brought out anything theocratic historical Satan tries to distract the world attention from. Like world war one in 1914. Could he be trying to distract the world's attention away from the hundred year anniversary of the birth of the kingdom?

He knows that the end comes with the proclamation of peace and security. Could he be trying to delay that proclamation. I know you think he'd know it would be futile but he did try to have Jesus killed as a baby after all.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread, I just feel looking back on this event from world history it will have a good bit of significance.

Those are some good thoughts. It would make perfect sense that Satan would want people to look away from Jehovah's message - Satan wants people to look at His so called Kingdoms or earthly governments instead of Jehovah's. A brother once told me "Satan doesn't mind if we worship Jehovah, as long as we give some of our attention to him." I guess that means I need to be that much more attention grabbing in my ministry lol. :wub:  :wub: :wub:  

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

It's funny I was thinking this to me has the feel of how archduke Ferdinand was assassinated.

I think it was during one of the talks that a brother brought out anything theocratic historical Satan tries to distract the world attention from. Like world war one in 1914. Could he be trying to distract the world's attention away from the hundred year anniversary of the birth of the kingdom?

He knows that the end comes with the proclamation of peace and security. Could he be trying to delay that proclamation. I know you think he'd know it would be futile but he did try to have Jesus killed as a baby after all.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread, I just feel looking back on this event from world history it will have a good bit of significance.

Randy, I too thought of 'the shot heard around the world'!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Well i jus go dodgier. The separatists have threatened the investigators. They are afraid of not doing a proper investigation let alone the damage to the crime scene and the bodies of the victims. This could become a real mess in a bigger hurry than we think.