JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Recording Conventions.......

Well, after MANY years of frustration with my Sansa E280, with it's constant drifting off the FM station, I am THRILLED to say that I had EXCELLENT results with my new Diasonic DDR7000 (VR7000). Yes, it was spendy, about $260.00 (US) with shipping, but, I must say, IT WAS WORTH IT!!! It has 10 timers, to setup the start and end times of the sessions, as well as the FM frequency to record from. on the setting I had it on, I got 256k stereo recordings, and had about 13 hours of recording space on the 2GB internal memory. I'm not plugging for a particular company, but this was the best, most convenient, and most reliable recorder I have found. Here are links to not only the manual, but also the store i got it from...... 

Manual:  http://www.mgidownloads.com/Product_Manuals/VR7000.pdf

Purchased from:  www.spynuts.com

Just wanted to share my experience, I know a lot of us record the conventions.

BTW, if anyone has the music from this years convention, please send me a message!!!

Thank you,

James

That is the same device I use. It records fantastic. I have used it for over 5 years - small and fits in your pocket no problem and it easily records FM to an sd card OR internal memory (there is plenty of room for an entire Convention

My trouble is remembering to turn it on at the beginning. :).

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I bought a new stereo recorder for convention this year. Worked fine while testing at public talks at hall. Except it would not maintain time nor date. 1st day of convention it started to malfunction. It would cut off last 4 minutes of each recording. The Friday afternoon - although it pipped session thru headphones- it wasn't saving the recording then started to fade out during drama - ugh. :crying:

Stopped it and restarted -it worked part way through drama then quit again. Later it stopped charging then died completely. Was out of warranty by that time. Trash.

:wall:

Had to go back to my mono voice recorder, which doesn't do music well, nor as clear on voice thru Williams receiver used in Canada at meetings ( 72-76 MHz - below that of commercial wavelength ) , but at least it records -with date stamp.

Then I have had trouble swapping out audio from Camcorder with voice recorder - speed of playback can be out 5 to 10 seconds per hour -it varies ugh. Lots of work then when produced - it changes audio timing in final product - have to fiddle some more - but it works.

Much nicer watching on TV or tablet - with synced audio/video, plus last week I got the Sunday morning video Clip from convention in Kitchener , which was not shown at our convention :bouncing: nor at 1st 2 in KW.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Be gentle please. I had thought to record the assembly using the Dragon Speak app which would also type out the notes as well. Will that work for us that are just using it for our personal benefit? I am a single parent, so I am hoping for the cheapest option. I am mainly using it to get as much of the information down as possible since I will be helping someone with a small child.

That is the same device I use. It records fantastic. I have used it for over 5 years - small and fits in your pocket no problem and it easily records FM to an sd card OR internal memory (there is plenty of room for an entire Convention

My trouble is remembering to turn it on at the beginning. :).

That is why I appreciate the timers so much. I set them for 5 minutes before the session starts, and 15 minutes after it ends, with more time on Sunday afternoon, in case it runs over, I d/l the day to my computer at night, and have it set for SP, internal memory. seems to be a bit better recording than having it use the SD card.

Be gentle please. I had thought to record the assembly using the Dragon Speak app which would also type out the notes as well. Will that work for us that are just using it for our personal benefit? I am a single parent, so I am hoping for the cheapest option. I am mainly using it to get as much of the information down as possible since I will be helping someone with a small child.

Hmmm, I wonder if it would work. it might be better to record it from FM, then run it through a Talk-to-Type app. It would not have any punctuation, in my experience.

James

I've had much success with my Samsung galaxy player 5. Been doing so for about 3 years now. Had a few problems but not much.

Ashley

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

The Galaxy Player 5 can be found at best buy, Amazon and a whole bunch of other stores. It's older, Samsung won't update it. I like that it records the fm signal unlike some other Android based devices.

Ashley

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I gave the website in the orignal post :www.spynuts.com

i am noticing that there is a little static at some places in the recordings, i am going to attribute it to sitting on the floor in the infirm section. i will be asking a brother who sits close to the sound box to babysit it next assembly. 

James