JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia Kicking up a bigger stink.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3504 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Russia just put sanctions on western food. They have just sent more troops to the Ukraine boarder. Nato has sent an envoy to tell Putin to back off. Fear is nothing but military action will shake Putin and get him to back down.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Let's hope so for the sake of our brothers and sisters there. I was listening to the news on the sanctions Russia has put on imports and they all say, it will hurt Russia more than anyone else (and perhaps some European countries). The U.S. imports very little poultry (7%) and agriculture product (2%) to Russia. It seems they may of shot themselves in the foot with "their" sanctions.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I think what is more interesting is what is happening in Iraq now with Isis taking control of that dam (Mossual?). They've said that anyone not of their Islamic type of faith either pays a fine or dies. Thousands have run to the mountains where they have no food or water and are dying. With ISIS controlling the dam, they can flood farm land and cut off electricity. This is causing real concern among other nations concerned with giving humanitarian aid to those who have fled to the mountains and how to get it to them. They are talking air strikes to take the dam back. I think this situation is the one to watch right now along with what is happening with Isreal and Gaza - they are both so precarious! The world is imploding!

Edited by shali

With all the conflicts etc going on the declaration of "peace" will make people stand and take notice. It seems even the news people don't know which story to cover. Such a sad state of affairs this world.

Jehovah's timing of our latest campaign is impeccable ❤️❤️❤️

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

It does seem as though satan has lost control of his mnions, and they are running amok. You do pick up on the fact that these situations involve religion, for the most part? I had gone to jw,ord, to read up on the situation there in the Ukriane, but after the first piecture of that dear brother's poor face, from a horrible beating, I cowardly closed down the whole site! Could not fathom how one or more humans could be so brutal! Then the light bulb moment came: Oh yes, it isn't humans that are responsible, it is their ignoring that set of senses that were God-given, and allowing demons to control their every move and action.

Edited by MizPeg

I think what is more interesting is what is happening in Iraq now with Isis taking control of that dam (Mossual?). They've said that anyone not of their Islamic type of faith either pays a fine or dies. Thousands have run to the mountains where they have no food or water and are dying. With ISIS controlling the dam, they can flood farm land and cut off electricity. This is causing real concern among other nations concerned with giving humanitarian aid to those who have fled to the mountains and how to get it to them. They are talking air strikes to take the dam back. I think this situation is the one to watch right now along with what is happening with Isreal and Gaza - they are both so precarious! The world is imploding!

Don't see them flooding this.  By gaining control of this dam, they now have control over water and electricity.  By having control of this, they could get more support from residents, it's amazing what people will do for water and electricity.   This is also a very large dam, and if they flood it, it will destroy territory they are now  in control of.  Makes no sense for ISIS to flood territory they fought to gain control of.

I agree with you Ava, I was just repeating what I heard on NPR regarding the situation. They kept saying over and over the danger of them flooding farmland (so they couldn't bring in a crop to survive) and cutting off electricity.

In the book Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy in Chapter 16 it is broken down very well, but in paragraph 20 subtitle The Final Campaign it brings out a final campaign and how that this final rise of the KOTN will only end by Jehovah at Armageddon...it seems that there is a perceived time of non activity until this end campaign...unless I am misunderstanding what is being said here....let me know what your thoughts are. Thanx.

Russia just put sanctions on western food. They have just sent more troops to the Ukraine boarder. Nato has sent an envoy to tell Putin to back off. Fear is nothing but military action will shake Putin and get him to back down.

I hope our brothers/sisters in Ukraine are ok.  The news item on JW.org about the friends in Ukraine is not great.

They are in my prayers.

• 2 weeks later...

It does seem as though satan has lost control of his mnions, and they are running amok. You do pick up on the fact that these situations involve religion, for the most part? I had gone to jw,ord, to read up on the situation there in the Ukriane, but after the first piecture of that dear brother's poor face, from a horrible beating, I cowardly closed down the whole site! Could not fathom how one or more humans could be so brutal! Then the light bulb moment came: Oh yes, it isn't humans that are responsible, it is their ignoring that set of senses that were God-given, and allowing demons to control their every move and action.

I don't think he has lost control I think he is so Angry because his time is almost up that he is breathing Hatred and War and Brutality into all he has influence over and you are exactly right they are allowing it.

Posted Image

Not much longer now. Look how Jehovah is preparing us with our new book and the study articles in the October and November study editions. Posted Image

Deb

It just draws you right in!  Hope we get to study it in Oct and or Nov too!   So many good comments in here about this P&S, Vatican involvement, you name it and its just popping up all over.  Wonderful to see prophecy in motion too!   "Can't wait to hear how many Aux. Pioneered in August and how many of these JW.ORG tracks were placed.   I hope they bring it out that information during the annual meeting in Oct!   It's a smaller version of our large Proclaimer's Book, but with a twist!  Every time you read a chapter, at the end there is this questions: "Is The Kingdom Real To You?"  I love it!  Each time I read a chapter, the Kingdom becomes more and more real.  

It does seem much more different now than a few years ago, everything is becoming clear that we are going to be in the GT any day now, it used to be said in the future it will be here, but now everyone says it could be any day and we are definitely being prepared more than ever on what it will be like which actually makes me feel more calm because it makes it real to see how the GB is ahead of everything such as shown in the Nov. WT study picture where the brothers and sisters are without any publications but you do see they have their platinum sword and with all the extras inside of it that is really all we need...perfect timing for everything proving Jehovah is guiding every detail.

Today a sis and I were talking about the closeness of the time. We were saying in the last year or two it feels like the pressure cooker is coming near to blowing it's top. We were reviewing highlights from the new book, parts that stood out for us. 

We were mentioning how it was before 1914 and the first war. There were stressful times but people were able to tolerate it and it was livable. Then after the war it was like all the crazies were let loose and nothing was normal again. Then.....just a year or 3 ago (!) it was boisterous out there and life was chaotic but it was what it was. NOW it's just insane. The pressure is unbelievable!! People are unbelievable!! Listen to this one: I was pulling into a gas station the other day, pulling up behind a u-haul at the forward pump when this small truck came out from around the u-haul and came nose to nose with me, he was trying to push my truck back!! The other lane at the station was clear, the lane where he should have been because he was backward in my lane. But he started yelling at me and pointing to the pump and telling me to get out of his way. He was ready to "kiss" my bumper. I had to put it in reverse to avoid getting hit. I just made a u turn and left. I didn't need gas that bad. I got home and told Lew, he knew who this yahoo was and said he's bad news and has seen him in action before. The guy had his wife in the truck and she had her head hanging in embarrassment!

And we won't even get me stated in the stupid salmon fishermen from today.......  

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Pushing between the 2kings started long before 1914. KotN and LotS began after death of Alexander the great.

Yes, the entire chapter 11 is that isn't it, but notice the wording of verse 40 that I was referring to:

In the time of the end the king of the south will engage with him in a pushing,

So "in the time of the end" this rivalry would be more pronounced than at other times.

It seems from :40 on we are being told specifically about what would happen (is happening? ) "in the time of the end" from 1914 on.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I don't think he has lost control I think he is so Angry because his time is almost up that he is breathing Hatred and War and Brutality into all he has influence over and you are exactly right they are allowing it.

a02dc4a860e1530b31eddbedc619b0ce.jpg

Not much longer now. Look how Jehovah is preparing us with our new book and the study articles in the October and November study editions. b282b0156a7886569cf13bf22264d892.jpg

Deb

Hi Sister what publication is that image from? 

Yes, the entire chapter 11 is that isn't it, but notice the wording of verse 40 that I was referring to: In the time of the end the king of the south will engage with him in a pushing, So "in the time of the end" this rivalry would be more pronounced than at other times. It seems from :40 on we are being told specifically about what would happen (is happening? ) "in the time of the end" from 1914 on.

Pick, pick, pick   :lol

I was interested in what Jerry was saying too in post #22. I looked at Daniel 11, looked in the Daniel book and went to pages  276-278 pa 15-17. Talking about the shoving. Have to say I got a headache from all of it and had to take a nap. I still do not (!) really understand all the in's and out's of it all. I know about it from a simplistic view but it's a really deep thing to fathom, maybe it's just cause I'm blonde (NAH!) but political stuff has always escaped me. I'll have to sit back and wait till it happens then say, hmmm, nice!

What it all comes down to is it'll all happen like Jah says, we only have to wait and watch. I like that thought, the fight to survive every day in this system is enough for me. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34