JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Favorite Beer?

I enjoy an ice cold beer on a hot day. Maybe a few on a patio relaxing with friends. 

Lately I have been drinking a crevasse mad by Presidents choice. Its very clean taste with a smooth finish. 

In the winter I love a local beer called Waterloo dark. Made by Waterloo Brewing Company. Its a dark lager with a very creamy head. Long finish and stands up very well spicy food or the most robust steak. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Greg,

In the  summer there is nothing better than a good Draft ROOT BEER, served in icey frosted mugs,

along with a good cheese coney dog, or hamburger. My version of heaven. When I was quite young

my father would load up the family, and take us to the local root beer stand to treat us, as did his father

before him. so it has become in our family a family tradition.

GStorrs46

I wonder if anyone's tastes have changed since we discussed this before?

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/3008-your-favorite-beer/?hl=beer

I still like Czech beer like Staropramen or Budvar (not the poor imitation called Budweiser in the States). They are similar to lagers but are NEVER to be drunk ice-cold, that just bleaches the flavour out of beer.

CAMRA just voted Timothy Taylor's Boltmaker as best beer in England (brewed in Yorkshire!)

I enjoy an ice cold beer on a hot day. Maybe a few on a patio relaxing with friends. 

Lately I have been drinking a crevasse mad by Presidents choice. Its very clean taste with a smooth finish. 

In the winter I love a local beer called Waterloo dark. Made by Waterloo Brewing Company. Its a dark lager with a very creamy head. Long finish and stands up very well spicy food or the most robust steak. 

NewCastle Brown Ale imported from England ... since i had to go to the fridge to get the proper spelling, and it just hit 80 - there's no way I'm putting this Cold puppy back (it's not in the real mans code of ethics)   ...    thanks for the encouragement!   ... time to call a few aux. pioneers over. 

Pliny The Younger

Russian River Brewing Company

American Double / Imperial IPA / 11.00% ABV

this is a nice beer....Try it ...You'll like it.

I'll look for that one, sounds wonderful!  Ummm, enjoying a nice beer right now! Just climbed out of the garden and feeling good.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Hope everyone doesn't gag, but I drink my beer warm (yes even in the summer). My mother drank her beer that way and I'm the only one in the family that does. I normally go for a Miller Lite unless I go out and have to drink it cold at a restaurant. If it's gonna be a cold beer I prefer Samual Adam's "Cold Snap" or a dark, more bitter stout. I had a "Kentucky Beer Barrel" type of brew at a small brewery/kitchen a while ago that was the bomb! Love my root beer too (always drink that cold) - have to shuffle down to Culver's to get my fix every once in a while!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

. If it's gonna be a cold beer I prefer Samual Adam's "Cold Snap" or a dark, more bitter stout. I had a "Kentucky Beer Barrel" type of brew at a small brewery/kitchen a while ago that was the bomb!

I'm telling you, ya gotta try the dark with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!!

Edited by Brother

I'm telling you, ya gotta try the dark with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!!

Are you serious? You aren't talking about Root Beer? I've had ginger beer with rum and that's pretty good (called a Dark and STormy I think).

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Enjoyed a Terminator Stout at McMenamins after a hard day shopping with the wife. Warm day 64, fog over the ocean, humus plate and cold dark stout.

Great way to end the day.

We also have Rogue Brewery here in town, great selection, never had a bad one. Great place for lunch. Drop by and we will join you.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Enjoyed a Terminator Stout at McMenamins after a hard day shopping with the wife. Warm day 64, fog over the ocean, humus plate and cold dark stout.

Great way to end the day.

We also have Rogue Brewery here in town, great selection, never had a bad one. Great place for lunch. Drop by and we will join you.

I so wanted to escape the 93 degrees heat today and go to the coast but too much to do. We have run out of caramel corn w/peanuts so Newport Wharf is on our to do list.

Edited by lynn

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

• 3 weeks later...

Is mango beer bitter like hops based beers?

I am the oddball that enjoys wine and can't get into beer despite trying.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫