JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Girls night IN! And RSVP please!

Oh how I wish you were all close enough to come! We will be having BBQ Chicken Quesadillas with the Sweet Smoked tomato relish I am canning this afternoon along with a homemade Ranch dipping sauce and a fantastic Lemon and Sage margarita! So Devine! Can you imiagine how we will be able to cook and dream up new concoctions when we are in Paradise?!?! Having three sisters over tonight for some personal study, then a wonderful meal and cocktail while we watch PS I Love You! Gerard Butler, Harry Conick Je and the other guy ( from Grays Anatomy) are the perfect eye candy!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

That is something I've tried to do over the past few years - have a girl's night once in a while. I make coconut shrimp, cheese and crackers, spinach dip (I'm the queen of fingerfoods! haha) and homemade Sangria. Last time I showed old Shirley temple movies (not the real sad ones) and the time before that I had to get my Ryan Reynolds fix! Don't do it as much anymore, seems either no one has the time or the husbands have no where to go when we get together. (My husband is a hermit and does not prefer human company and I hate to kick him out of his own house for me to have a girl's night here).

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

leslie, What can I bring?  I will be there. Girls only would be discrimination and we can't have any of that. Plus, the sisters have all the scoop. I can bring a keg or whatever. But I didn't catch the time or place. I can also bring some manly man movies that we can really enjoy. Like star trek or else action movies packed. Might even bring the start date for Great Tribulation. Just need time and place in Tulsa. Sounds pretty awesome, eh? See ya there.

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

I guess I shouldn't be partial since Jehovah sets the example!  You bring the keg then be sure and invite people who wil drink it.  I don't know how anyone can drink much beer.  It is so filling!  I don't know why carbonated sodas don't fill you up the way beer does.  An occassional ice cold beer is delicious but can I really don't know how people eat and drink beer at the same time.  We could set up some bales of hay and build a fire in the fire pit.  Maybe a few talented musicians and singers could entertain us with some songs.  Have a softball game in the pasture.  No cows so don't have to worry about "sliding" home!  Run some three legged races.  Water balloon toss.  Turn it into a family affair!  It will have to get a little cooler though!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Actually I'm not much of a beer drinker. Don't even know how to open a keg. Maybe the keg is not such a good idea, don't worn't to see anyone get in trouble. Maybe a vollyball net instead. I do have a couple of nice coolers though. Wouldn't be much good in the 3 legged race though, I have a recall on my hips leaking cobalt 6 % into the blood stream already. But I can still run, jump, and play so don't count me out. I just have to have some of that cooking of yours. Yes, definitely water  balloons to throw at the sisters only. You must have a big fire pit if you're throwing bales of hay in it.

Is it going to be brothers against sisters for softball? Some of you sisters are pretty good. (haha) As far as the singing goes, I thought we are all good singers. Something not to be missed for sure. But a small band would be good too. When we have a congregation get together we have no shortage of a  fun time. So lets get this show on the road!

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2