JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is Satan Real - Nov. WT?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3429 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Love it! He gets no art. No picture. Just text. Absolutely love it. Exactly what he deserves. How do you feel about this cover? I personally haven't read the articles yet but the cover says a lot to me.

Screen_Shot_2014_08_21_at_2_47_26_PM.png

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

Oops. Moderator can you fix that title. It should say "New WT". Sorry.

Edited by THENK

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

... amazing. Always ahead of the game and  a phenomenal job making the magazines interesting and informational.

A CONVERSATION WITH A NEIGHBOR

When Did God’s Kingdom Begin Ruling? —PART 2

This Series Article in this WT along with PART 1 previously released will be used on our SM during October. See OKM October. Both Parts will be used in the Ministry.

I went to Bethel to pick up my Nov 1 copy, not even sure if it was there. And boy! When the brother gave it to me I was shocked! I'm talking eyes wide, mouth open, stepping back a bit shocked! I haven't started reading it yet either but I know one thing and that is I can hardly wait to get it out in service. Wow!

The fiery orange reminds me how he has set this entire world ablaze in all of his efforts to blind the minds

of unbelievers, least the good news should shine through. Created worldwide problems from terrorism, to

economic disasters, to environmental concerns ( with all of the natural disasters including the fires burning

out west.) Black, orange and red are his colors. Black because he is the Prince of Darkness. Orange because

of how he has set all of the world aflame. And red because of all of the blood of mankind that can be laid at

his feet.

And to think some believe he does not exist. So much for that fairy tale. ( Or perhaps we should say night-

mare. )

GStorrs46

The fiery orange reminds me how he has set this entire world ablaze in all of his efforts to blind the minds

of unbelievers, least the good news should shine through. Created worldwide problems from terrorism, to

economic disasters, to environmental concerns ( with all of the natural disasters including the fires burning

out west.) Black, orange and red are his colors. Black because he is the Prince of Darkness. Orange because

of how he has set all of the world aflame. And red because of all of the blood of mankind that can be laid at

his feet.

And to think some believe he does not exist. So much for that fairy tale. ( Or perhaps we should say night-

mare. )

GStorrs46

It has been said that one of the greatest things he has done is to convince people he does not exist .... that way, those serving him do not even realize what they are doing.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Bro. John, I like what you said about "those serving him..." Many feel that to be a Satanic worshipper you have to be in some cult, wear strange clothing or something. While cults are one way, that's not the only way. If you're not serving Jehovah, then you're serving or worshipping Satan. There's no other way of looking at it. All of the other gods outside of Jehovah are false gods with their ring leader being Satan. Sooo...

Serving Jehovah=serving the true God.

Not serving Jehovah=serving Satan and his cohorts which, in turn, makes one a Satanic worshipper.

Simple.

The society is amazing. Always ahead of the game and do a phenomenal job making the magazines interesting and informational.

By the time we get to place these - 60 days from now - can you imagine what kind of turmoil the world will be in!   ...   ISIS crISIS, Ebola, Gaza, etc.

Jehovah's timing is always perfect! Hey, by the way, has anyone got any observations about whether they think more people are celebrating Halloween now or less? Just curious. Seems in my area of the world, less are celebrating it than I've noticed in the years previous. Sidenote: We always hang a sign on our door letting people know we don't celebrate and saying "thank you for not knocking" - last year when we went to go to our Sunday meeting or field service (can't remember which) we couldn't help but notice a huge chalk drawing of a "twig and two berries" (use your imagination and a very nasty slogan to go with it. Our neighbor is 80 years old and was not home that night either and she had a nasty pic and slogan in her driveway too! There is no way a kid under 10 years old drew that! (It was a huge pic) So a Satanic holiday got even more disgusting than usual!

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

In Las Vegas - MORE are celebrating it than ever. It used to be more about the young kids getting candy. NOW, the parents with young kids are going to the malls where there is "safe" candy and instead the older ones that want to do the "tricks" rather than the "treats" are out in force.

At my job, the Finance department puts up HUGE displays for this holiday - more than any other. They also, of course, have a pumpkin carving contest where they put these out on display for the public and they get voted for best one.

When these holidays come around, I wonder if I am back in elementary school - the way the adults act.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I've noticed in the office buildings that I clean, that a lot of people seem to live from one holiday to the next! Makes you wonder how they get through the period of July5th to the first weekend in September without imploding because they have no decorations to put up for anything and no sign-up sheets for the office party! I really, really, really wish false religion would take a major nose dive before X-mas!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D