JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is Satan Real - Nov. WT?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3428 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Jehovah's timing is always perfect! Hey, by the way, has anyone got any observations about whether they think more people are celebrating Halloween now or less? Just curious. Seems in my area of the world, less are celebrating it than I've noticed in the years previous. Sidenote: We always hang a sign on our door letting people know we don't celebrate and saying "thank you for not knocking" - last year when we went to go to our Sunday meeting or field service (can't remember which) we couldn't help but notice a huge chalk drawing of a "twig and two berries" (use your imagination and a very nasty slogan to go with it. Our neighbor is 80 years old and was not home that night either and she had a nasty pic and slogan in her driveway too! There is no way a kid under 10 years old drew that! (It was a huge pic) So a Satanic holiday got even more disgusting than usual!

In the UK Halloween is gaining ground. I cannot remember the exact numbers but over the last ten years Halloween spending in one supermarket went from around 10 to 20 million to a current hundreds of millions income. It was on a programme in the UK recently talking about supermarket secrets.

• 2 months later...

Love it! He gets no art. No picture. Just text. Absolutely love it. Exactly what he deserves. How do you feel about this cover? I personally haven't read the articles yet but the cover says a lot to me.

No artistic depiction of the devil in the history of humankind or that exists in the vast universe of man's imagination, no matter how gross or scary or disfigured, is a worthy representation of his vile nature. So yeah, when this Watchtower came out I smiled and went like

"I see what you did there!" ^_^

Another thought is that we don't and never will know Satan's true name. Why bother, when it is only a matter of time until it is forgotten forever. So why bother with the work required to make a cover-layout for him X(

Hey, by the way, has anyone got any observations about whether they think more people are celebrating Halloween now or less? Just curious. Seems in my area of the world, less are celebrating it than I've noticed in the years previous.

Germany: more and more kids on the street. More and more Halloween decoration. But, having said that, it is also creating a large resistance. Many people hate Halloween here.

Anyhow, the Watchtower is a pretty good one to place at the door, according to my first experience. "Just would like to leave these magazines with you, the current topic is, "The devil... powerful or a fairy-tale?" Many people do not believe in God anymore, but if you look at what has been going on on this planet for the past 100 years or so, especially recently, you sure start thinking there might be a devil, don't you..."

If they let you get that far at all, householders usually can't deny that.

By the way, here's another interesting thought that I have often had on his subject. Satan was created / born perfect and immortal, so to say, or with everlasting life in view. He became imperfect and was made "mortal" in the sense that his days were suddenly counted!

Now, from a pure mathematical view, that is an insane shift! From the number "infinity" to the number "6.000"! It is, in fact, an infinitely large difference.

We as humans, however, were born imperfect and mortal. Yet, we have the chance thanks to Jehovah's undeserved kindness and the blood of Jesus Christ, to gain everlasting life and attain perfection. It is the total opposite of Satan's outlook.

Can you imagine how much he must hate humans, even the ones that serve him, just because of that potential?? Can you imagine how much more he must hate us servants of Jehovah for actually working towards gaining that prospect, and helping others along the way?

Not serving Jehovah=serving Satan and his cohorts which, in turn, makes one a Satanic worshipper.

Sr. Luezette. Your way of putting it reminds me of my wize old grannie who was a pioneer until she had a stroke in her early 90s.

She always used to tell us teens who wanted to be part of the world and of the truth or in other words sitting on the fence between the two sides,

"You cannot sit on the fence, because the fence also belongs to Satan"

"You cannot sit on the fence, because the fence also belongs to Satan"

The only up-side of sitting on the wall is you're just a hop away from doing the right thing. But sitting on it's not going to protect you from the debris when that old, derelict building comes crashing down when it's demolition time.

I haven't heard any new news on ebola and I thought ISIS was contained now and that the global economy has continued to improve. 60 days from now takes us to January and just after what is supposed to be one of the largest Christmas spending in almost a decade. That should give a real boost to economies as well. The world just may appear to be in better shape than - especially if gas prices stay low (and it looks like they will also - as China's demand is still going down)

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I haven't heard any new news on ebola and I thought ISIS was contained now and that the global economy has continued to improve. 60 days from now takes us to January and just after what is supposed to be one of the largest Christmas spending in almost a decade. That should give a real boost to economies as well. The world just may appear to be in better shape than - especially if gas prices stay low (and it looks like they will also - as China's demand is still going down)

Quiet before the storm in my opinion.

The Ebola thing is being somewhat hushed up, I get the feeling, the recent, official numbers by the WHO make no sense at all. They have been shooting up exponentially for months and in the past week, flatlined?

ISIS contained? Haven't heard that. Only that more troops are going over there (=more war) and I know from friends that the Peshmerga are having a real struggle down there and have lost more anti-tank weapons to ISIS (those will end up in Syria).

The economy improving? Hm.... the thing about this type of news is it's subject to interpretation and the economic optimists are being optimistic because bad news causes an economic slide. And I've always been taught gas prices plummeting are a bad thing, because they signal less demand from the industry.

Yesterday, I read in the largest german news journal that Kiev claimed that Russia had invaded Eastern Ukraine with dozens of tanks.. another canard / crying wolf, probably. But it's just another little one of those things that keep flaming up. Russia will have to handle East Ukraine in some way, after the recent elections. Whatever happens, it will be unacceptable to Europe and the US.

But yeah, it does look like the world is more peaceful and secure than a month ago... ..