JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Beware of facebook pages that claim to be from Witnesses

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3519 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have seen some sites that I will not put up here. They claim to be from Brothers  and Sisters but they are not. Just reading a few posts and they are either hijacked by apostates or ran by them. Be very careful what groups you join and who you talk too. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I have just about given up on facebook. especially after watching a tv program how FB can steal, and use your personal information, if you agree to use their messenger feature!

the elders where i live frown on the web sites, (jw,org excepted) but I have always found jwtalk to most beneficial. so, y'all are gonna have to put up with me.  :wub:

I have deactivated my account but apparently the information can still be viewed by others on facebook (someone was able to get my pic even!) Does anyone know if you can totally delete an account on FB? I've never found it useful personally.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Thanks Stavro - I left this forum and went to facebook to see if I could figure it out myself - which I finally did and when I came back, you had the link posted I needed!  I really appreciate you doing that for me.

Here I was just getting ready to give in and get a FB account.  Not so sure now!!  :-/

I found it way too time consuming and basically every friend you add, also has friends and all that stuff get's posted to your page and it just goes on and on and on!  I'm sure there are ways to control all that, but FB seems pretty convoluted and there is just too much to figure out.  I'm a big believer on keeping in touch with friends the old fashioned way - writing letters!  I love to write.

I found it way too time consuming and basically every friend you add, also has friends and all that stuff get's posted to your page and it just goes on and on and on!  I'm sure there are ways to control all that, but FB seems pretty convoluted and there is just too much to figure out.  I'm a big believer on keeping in touch with friends the old fashioned way - writing letters!  I love to write.

I used to write reaaallllly long letters.  I fear that emailing has derailed my abilities!

And there goes your title again!!!

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

I used to write reaaallllly long letters.  I fear that emailing has derailed my abilities!

I changed it myself this time!  

Me too! I loved writing long letters. That ability has been sideswiped. No delete, or in letters, no spell check. Sort of embarrassing.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I am on facebook but I only accept people I know in real life as family/friends (90 % witnesses 10% close family members) and then If I don't like something they post I can simply block their feed or individual posts. :wub:  :wub: :wub:  

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

As far as I know you can "delete" your FB account, but if you try to reactivate it, it will still be intact. They don't seem to get rid of the things you had, they just make it so no one can see it. That was my experience.

That's true if you "deactivate" the account, but an actual deletion using the link posted above is irreversible and truly deletes the files from the servers.

That's true if you "deactivate" the account, but an actual deletion using the link posted above is irreversible and truly deletes the files from the servers.

Good glad to hear it - I mistakenly posted all my "evil genius" plans on FB and now must erase all traces!

Yes, I had pretty much given up even looking at a website that had the name Jehovah on it until i found this site. And i still have been very guarded with my info. 

Theres alot of sites that at first i thought were bros and sisters and read a few comments down to see apostates. Its disgusting. Makes me sick to read it even on accident. I really feel sorry for such lost and hateful people. What a poor life. 

As far as social media, yes same thing there. I Like instagram the most. You choose who you want to follow and who can follow you. Not so much talking but picture sharing and breif comments. 

And there are some awesome witness pages that post cool pictures of the world wide brosthers and sisters preaching, building etc

To find them though id look through the friends of fellow trusted witnesses. IF you search Hashtags "#" you can find some apostates that have accounts with the word Jehovah in it to lure you in. be careful out there!