JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

You know you're a "Net Witness" ...

You have friends in every country on earth and you have not traveled extensively!  You talk about your friend in Nigeria who said this, or your friend in Russia who said that, or your friend in Japan that gave you a new recipe, or your friend in Switzerland who...will you get my drift! :wub:

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

If you willingly pay $140.00 monthly just to have access to your friends (and recipes) because you do not live in the city where the internet service is $25.00 unlimited!

What? Internet cost that much?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

What? Internet cost that much?

Yes.  Because we are in the rural and in a valley like area we have no access to ATT unlimited DSL.  We have to pay to have a satellite installed THEN you must have good exposure to the Northern (or southern) sky.  Plus due to some type of "fair access" law you can only get 10mg or kg, or what ever it is called/ amt each month for 140.00 or you can pay additional for more capacity.  It is ridiculous isn't it?  We had it the first two years due to a contract then went three years without it.  But when I returned to work I said I would pay the lousy money just to have the spiritual encouragement. 

LeslieDean

When you come in from service dead tired, too tired to pick up your Bible for a reading (shamefully), yet not too tired to turn to jw taIk because "this is how I relax" even though your Bible is nearby.

I don't like it BUT  I am guilty of the same thing.  I'm like a kid wanting to go and play with all my little friends!

LeslieDean

When you come in from service dead tired, too tired to pick up your Bible for a reading (shamefully), yet not too tired to turn to jw taIk because "this is how I relax" even though your Bible is nearby.

I don't like it BUT  I am guilty of the same thing.  I'm like a kid wanting to go and play with all my little friends!

LeslieDean

When you have millstones in your life (in your estimation), you feel no one else would feel the same way or understand or even care, so you post it on here. Then when someone responds, even if only one person or by one word, or even if one like, you kinda feel on top of the world. :)

Or you read something and run to share it with someone and you feel the disbelief (over the phone), so before the person can ask how you know, you gibberish (almost breathlessly it seems) you say not jw.talk but instead "that website" and wait for something negative to be said, so you brace yourself for a comeback that never comes. But you do feel a disbelief.

One time I shared a joke from here and the sister said "and these are Jehovah's witnesses"? When I said yes, I heard a kinda "hmmm" and kinda said to myself "never again." But of course "never again" evaporated.

I have sheared several jokes and humorous things I found here with several family and friends - all JW's - and have never gotten a negative comment ...... maybe it is all in how you deliver the punch line :thumbsup:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 1 month later...

When you read for the book study, touch the wrong place on your ipad and have to use backup.

Yup. Done that. I usually print the material when I know I am the reader but I have filled in at the last minute and had to use my tablet, then I pray I don't goof it up.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I usually practice hitting the "footnote" asterisk - I want it to go to the footnote not "page down"

However, last night, although it went to the footnote just fine, when it "returned" it jumped to the end of the chapter - had to scroll back in the middle of the paragraph.

I usually practice hitting the "footnote" asterisk - I want it to go to the footnote not "page down"

However, last night, although it went to the footnote just fine, when it "returned" it jumped to the end of the chapter - had to scroll back in the middle of the paragraph.

I hate when that happens so much that I use hard copy when reading publicly.

The fact that I can customize the size, color and back-lighting of the text to make the reading easier now that I am a bit older then when I used the "pocket" edition of the Bible - I rather like using the tablet to read from the platform.

Just like using a new Bible, sometimes it just takes a little practice to get the right touch.

• 4 months later...

When there was a time when there was not yet a JW Broadcasting that I repeat many times the teenagers video... and I learn to love the 'To the Ends of the Earth'.

I just remember it a while ago when my buddy revived.. that  buddy is my gadget...hehehe! and when I remember that because my buddy is big, I had a hard time reading publications because I can't do it any better without using a lot of force 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

• 10 months later...

You know your a "Net Witness" when you have to tell all the friends on the internet that they are falling out of the Truth if they go see Rogue One a Star Wars Story.

A "Net Witness" can be described but not always as a Witness who would impose his conscience on other Witnesses on the Internet when he probably wouldn't do the same within the Congregation.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25