JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

It's All Out In The Open - KMs too

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3488 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

With transparency (undisguised) being such a word thrown around these days those viewing JW.ORG can now see word for word and article for article and more importantly scripture for scripture in what we have come to learn.  So many more  will no doubt be able to find the scriptural answers they have been looking for.   All they need is  a rightly disposed heart, proper motives and willing to do diligent research.  Jehovah has provided he rest.    Aren't we thankful that we came to appreciate the Bible truths that are hidden from the world in plain sight.   It is an eye opener indeed!    A light bulb moment as you expressed.

Edited by A fellow servant

I think individuals with rightly disposed hearts will believe (if told) that it's 95-98% of everything within the last 10 years. Out in the open for the public. The majority would probably be skeptical of that truth and snicker. But it makes me feel good everything is right there for all of us. Honestly, if I was an outsider looking in... a website with 698 languages would spark my interest. I'd at least want to see what it was about and why there are so many languages? And then you even come to my door to tell me about it? What exactly is that about? Definitely an eye opener in a lot of ways.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

Growing up as a Baptist, we were told from the podium that Jehovah's Witnesses were a cult and to not have any contact with them. Nowadays most people have a friend, relative or workmate who is a JW and they realize that we are not weird but have high moral standards. More people today than ever would be willing to look up online and to find out for themselves what the Witnesses are about. Just goes to show that Jehovah knows the times and whats best for the world. If this system goes on for another couple of years it will be interesting to see how many more people will come into the organisation. 

The KMs in the public forum also demonstrate publicly the efforts we go to to preach the good news... anyone doubting that our work is fulfilling Matthew 24:14 by design can now see it for themselves...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof
is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- from 'Mostly Harmless' by Douglas Adams  :loopy:

I was raised by parents who didn't go to church but let me and my four siblings go where we chose.   We went to the Baptist for a while, Pentecostal, and several others.   In my later teens I even was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

All of these religions were so shallow and empty.  Learning what the Bible Really Teaches gave me a reason to build a faith in something.   Over 40 years ago I learned to put my faith, confidence in Jehovah and his written word.   I never could understand reading from the King James Version.   To know that Jehovah has so lovingly provided a website for any and all who are THIRSTING.   He definitely is inviting honest hearted ones to COME.     He knows the heart and he has provided the means... not only our door to door ministry, informal witnessing, telephone witnessing, cart witnessing, letter writing, etc.     So many avenues for those ones to learn the TRUTH if they are searching and praying for it.     It is all an open book so to speak.     

Jehovah's love is so abundant. I think of those who are ill or aging and are unable to go to the meetings. Ones who are struggling with personal issues as well. The spiritual banquet is there for ALL to be fed and refreshed!

We thank you Jehovah! post-2301-140984226996_thumb.jpg

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

You know, after ones have been inactive, the hardest thing is to come back, totally unprepared for anything going on at the meetings. I know. Now look. It will probably be a tad uncomfortable, but not as bad. There is the study copy of the WT, and now, the KM, and so much more. You have that connection Jehovah has given them. Us.

Edited by Miss Bea

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I know this may seem obvious, but the enormity of it all just hit me, one of those lightbulb moments. We are the only organization that I know of that has put everything they teach and believe out in the open for all to see. I know it has always been that way if people came to the meetings but now they just have to go on line to see what we teach and what we believe in. 

I guess with the KM's now on the JW site, there really is no cause for anyone saying we are a cult when everyone around the world can see our bible based teachings. No one can say we are hiding anything secret anymore. 

It is such a good feeling that the society has put everything out in the open in such a beautiful way. It's clean, honest and best of all upbuilding. 

Part of my family, when I came into the truth, instead of reading the literature I sent them, they instead looked up every apostate thing they could find even getting literature and videos from the apostates. So now all those lies can be proven false with a click of a button in the privacy of their own home. 

It's a wonderful feeling to tell the world that we have nothing to hide and we encourage them to look and dig and have all their questions answered!

The KMs are on the website??!

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

Not joking, and the first of the month isn't all that long ago!  ;-)

No, it's not, it's just that we have so many current posts about it, so it surprised me that someone that has been on the forum recently hasn't heard about it yet! :)

No problem! You were probably busy elsewhere!  :D

Another thing that stands out about the jw.org site is that all that information is for FREE. They don't charge for downloads or seperate languages. Apart from the partial bible the Gideons offer at festivals every once in a while, no one will even offer a Bible for free! There is no begging for donations anywhere on any of the sites pages either.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Well I think it's wonderful - helps make studying and preparation easier... and yes, our organization is the most open about what we believe and how we practice. I was looking for some information on the Vatican website about official Catholic doctrine and I nearly threw my computer out of the window, it was so hard to navigate, so difficult to find specific information and when I did find what I was looking for the lanugage was so archaic and (in my opinion) deliberately vague I still didn't know what they were talking about.

JW.org is a breath of fresh air on every level!!!

Edited by sunshine

no one will even offer a Bible for free!

Hey, the Book of Mormon is free! Oh wait you said the Bible... isn't that the Bible though?  :uhhuh:

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

I just went onto JW.Org. A banner came up across the bottom that says "By using this website you are agreeing to our updated terms regarding the legal use of copyrighted materials. You can then see the Terms.

no one will even offer a Bible for free! There is no begging for donations anywhere on any of the sites pages either.

After all the Google Ads, and more annoyingly, those computer slowing down Flash ads, as well as the pleads for donations on such major sites as Wikipedia, no-one had better come and complain if the Watchtower or the KM every now and then mention the joy that comes from giving and contributing toward the worldwide work! Would someone prefer loo-ootss of office space in branches around the world or JW.org as the great source of encouraging spiritual information as it just keeps on growing and growing. Mentioning the various branches since they probs have had to sell a few to keep this sort of expansion going!

And the 'free' bibles, yes... While I was in Ethiopia I got myself an OWT (an Old World Translation, eh :P :rolleyes:) in Amharic. And it has stamps all over saying it's supposed to be free donation, and NOT for sale. And those Christian denominations, whichever was the one that delivered my copy of the Bible, did they give them away for free? PFFFTT!

But at least compared to the Tigrinya Bible this one does a decent job at translating Psalms 110:1 (is it?) better than "Lord said unto my Lord". Even though the Amharic version doesn't use Jejovah's name either, it still has footnotes and parentheses which help a discerning reader to understand the differentiation between "Yahweh" and "Lord".

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29