JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

It's All Out In The Open - KMs too

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3515 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

No, it's not, it's just that we have so many current posts about it, so it surprised me that someone that has been on the forum recently hasn't heard about it yet! :)

No problem! You were probably busy elsewhere!  :D

Yes! Trying to find a job and work on a tech writing course! Please, everyone, keep praying for me! :(

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

What my thoughts are, after our meeting tonight, was about the slave and how they're preparing us and the whole organization. We aren't going to quit doing anything (IMHO) during the end. We'll need the internet, we'll need the publications. We have the internet as a handsome tool in this system but maybe we'll have the internet in the next as well. Downloading the KM for meetings, for most of us, is a new thing now but maybe we'll be looking to the site as a link to the slave for our publications during the end and beyond.

I'm thinking, broadly, that perhaps travel in the new system, at the beginning, will be limited . We'll have internet for our meetings and other announcements regarding the rebuilding of the earth, we'll be able to communicate with other congregations and get info for assemblies and conventions early in the new system this way. Just a thought. I really do think it's important now, to reach as many as possible- and it is doing so on a huge scale!!! But also in the beginning, and perhaps for the long term, into the new system.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I just went onto JW.Org. A banner came up across the bottom that says "By using this website you are agreeing to our updated terms regarding the legal use of copyrighted materials. You can then see the Terms.

Yes, the brothers recently revised the terms of use, and expressed in more specific words what constitutes proper and improper use of the copyrighted content.

Having a problem

I cannot highlight my KM in IBooks

What gives?

If you're highlighting PDFs it doesn't work like that in iBooks. Only ePubs. You need an app like Readdle Documents to highlight PDFs.

<~~~~guilty of airdropping at the Kingdom Hall...lol Airdropped the new online KM! Was too cool!

I have a LTE iPad Mini. I'll jump on the JW.org in a minute to download stuff. They always cautioned us to not use our mobile devices during the meeting because it can distracted us from paying attention. Now everyone has a mobile device to access JW materials. Funny. 

Edited by THENK

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

My husband is having the same problem with his ipad - he downloads the KM's in epub format and can't underline when he opens up a link now.  Wasn't like that before.  He uses ibooks also.  Have no idea what the problem could be.

Having a problem
I cannot highlight my KM in IBooks
What gives?

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I have an iPad and use iBooks ... I download in ePub I can underline anything in in the km.. But I can't underline any reference linked to in the main article .. For example a scripture that is linked .. As far as I remember that is normal..

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

I have an iPad and use iBooks ... I download in ePub I can underline anything in in the km.. But I can't underline any reference linked to in the main article .. For example a scripture that is linked .. As far as I remember that is normal..

But he can't even underline the linked material like from the reasoning books or the insight books.  Is that also normal?  I can do it on my Android so it surprises me that it can't be done on an ipad. 

On the iPad ... On linked reference material you can only copy or define

Edited by TheDoorGuy

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

On the iPad ... On linked reference material you can only copy or define

Do you know of another ipad reader that will give him the same capabilites as my Android?  He would love to study the linked material.

Is "Mantano reader" available in the Apple Store? If it is, try that with the EPUB file.

Thanks! (Now I feel bad about the post I made in the thread about the astroid the size of a house) :whistling:

We have a few here in my hall with the same issues with last month's emailed version of the KM.  Various ones can't open the files (epub, I believe).  Cross platform, so it's not just Mac or Android.  Ours are just fine.  I've not downloaded any from the Website yet, but I don't think that should make a difference.

I know this may seem obvious, but the enormity of it all just hit me, one of those lightbulb moments. We are the only organization that I know of that has put everything they teach and believe out in the open for all to see. I know it has always been that way if people came to the meetings but now they just have to go on line to see what we teach and what we believe in. 

I guess with the KM's now on the JW site, there really is no cause for anyone saying we are a cult when everyone around the world can see our bible based teachings. No one can say we are hiding anything secret anymore. 

It is such a good feeling that the society has put everything out in the open in such a beautiful way. It's clean, honest and best of all upbuilding. 

Part of my family, when I came into the truth, instead of reading the literature I sent them, they instead looked up every apostate thing they could find even getting literature and videos from the apostates. So now all those lies can be proven false with a click of a button in the privacy of their own home. 

It's a wonderful feeling to tell the world that we have nothing to hide and we encourage them to look and dig and have all their questions answered!

We haven't quite publicly released all our publications.  But most of them. Definitely - as you were saying - everything pertaining to our beliefs, meetings and field service.  I wish posting the KM's would make a difference in outside perceptions. But it won't.  In the words of the wise man: "Haters gonna hate." We've never had anything to hide, but the Evil-Ex's will still insist that we have and still are. Spiteful little traitors. This won't make any of them skip a beat (or those who listen to and are swayed by them); because to those looking to criticize, facts are irrelevant.  Always have been.

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/8050-witness-memes/?p=240768

For the rest of us (and those inclined to listen to us), it's super awesome! 

Totally loving this move. All those charges of "secrecy" are just blown away. People can see for themselves that we have nothing to hide. :detective:

My fleshly brother told me once that he heard that there were no windows on our kingdom  halls (not true)  because we didn't want anyone to see what went on inside a kingdom hall. He also saw a news story that said that Witnesses regularly beat their kids during meetings so as to keep them quiet. :deadhorse:

I just asked him, "You know us, right? Then what would make you believe that was true?" He smiled after that.

I always "love" those conversations about things people have heard about Jehovah's Witnesses versus reality. I truly love that ANYTHING pertaining to a meeting can be found at JW.org now. For me, that's a plus as now I can direct new students to look to the website just so they can be prepared and not feel lost when they get there.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

I love how you can just put in the "search" box what you want to learn about and the site brings up all the scriptures pertaining to that subject and all the articles on it too. It is so easy now to just tell people to put in whatever they have a question about and then read what they feel pertains to them or their question. 

The society has made it so simple. 

I helped a newer young sister do a talk yesterday and in just a short period of time we had her talk done and it was so easy for me to explain to her how to make up a talk using the website. I think she will have no problem on her next talk. 

The brothers did it again, when I wasn't looking.

Actually was back in hospital and just got home today.

There is also new Caleb video, which I just downloaded, will watch soon.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

He also saw a news story that said that Witnesses regularly beat their kids during meetings so as to keep them quiet. 

Not even close to true. You hear almost every kid under the age of 4 in my hall. Especially the 2 year olds.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

He also saw a news story that said that Witnesses regularly beat their kids during meetings so as to keep them quiet. :deadhorse:

I try and beat them all as often as I can. :lol1::crackwhip:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Totally loving this move. All those charges of "secrecy" are just blown away. People can see for themselves that we have nothing to hide. :detective:

My fleshly brother told me once that he heard that there were no windows on our kingdom halls (not true) because we didn't want anyone to see what went on inside a kingdom hall. He also saw a news story that said that Witnesses regularly beat their kids during meetings so as to keep them quiet. :deadhorse:

I just asked him, "You know us, right? Then what would make you believe that was true?" He smiled after that.

I do know of a few halls with limited windows, but it is to avoid them being smashed between each meeting.

Hartley

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed