JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

It's All Out In The Open - KMs too

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3509 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Our hall was built in the 90's in the middle of nowhere and yet they decided to not put any windows in it. It was built during the "windows cause distraction" era. Now, here in the country, we have storms in the spring and summer and ice/snow storms in the winter that take out our power lines and we WISH we had windows! Granted, we don't get broken in to very often , but I sure miss having windows - it's just NOT right!!!!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

The jw web site is the most remarkable site in the world.

There is no charge to use it.

It is not supported be ads

All material on it is high quality, fully researched and accurate.

Not only is it in more languages than any other website, the languages are synchronized.

It has content of relevence to every man, woman and child on earth.

Hartley

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

Our hall was built in the 90's in the middle of nowhere and yet they decided to not put any windows in it. It was built during the "windows cause distraction" era. Now, here in the country, we have storms in the spring and summer and ice/snow storms in the winter that take out our power lines and we WISH we had windows! Granted, we don't get broken in to very often , but I sure miss having windows - it's just NOT right!!!!

Is it too late for skylights?

Hartley

The jw web site is the most remarkable site in the world.There is no charge to use it.It is not supported be adsAll material on it is high quality, fully researched and accurate.Not only is it in more languages than any other website, the languages are synchronized.It has content of relevence to every man, woman and child on earth.Hartley

Let's not forget it SANCTIFY'S Jehovah's holy name!!!!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Actually, the distraction aspect of windows was not the main reason we were/are building without windows. The move away from windows was, in a large respect, due to insurance costs. In many instances, having windows in the Hall doubled the cost of insurance because of the increased risk windows bring.

Also, building without windows lowers the overall building cost.

There were/are many reasons that Halls were/are built with/without windows ...... I am sure that we will continue to build them both ways.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I told someone our web site did NOT tract someone with cookies or other such programs...or added anything to their computer.  I wasn't really sure...just presumed.  Does anyone know for sure?  I don't know how to tell.

Thanks a bunch...

Edited by Brenda

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

I told someone our web site did NOT tract someone with cookies or other such programs...or added anything to their computer. I wasn't really sure...just presumed. Does anyone know for sure? I don't know how to tell.

Thanks a bunch...

Most web sites use cookies. They store information related to your preferences. If you choose to see the web site in spanish for example, cookies are used to help the website give you links to Spanish publications. This is not the tracking that most people refer to. They are definitely NOT harmful.

Hartley

You "air drop" from an iPad...no specific app needed altho I believe you can only drop to another iPad/iPhone.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

No, it's not, it's just that we have so many current posts about it, so it surprised me that someone that has been on the forum recently hasn't heard about it yet! :)

No problem! You were probably busy elsewhere!  :D

Well, you have to admit, August was a bit tied up?     :lol1: