JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 653 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Another clue.  The booklets "Introduction to God's Word" and "A Study Guide to God's Word", which form part of the revised NWT(the bits at the beginning and end) have been released in many langauges (70+), including French, German, Polish, Spanish, Russian - but not it appears in Portuguese.  Why not? :D

Or Vietnamese  :bouncing:  

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Actually it seems that we are going to have two translations in Portuguese. One in Portuguese Brazilian and a second in Portuguese from Portugal. These are good news since there is a significant diference from both versions of the same language. Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

if its true, I rather have the Portuguese from Portugual,

besides all Drama /Dramatic Bible Reading at convention are in Portuguese from Portugual 

• 2 weeks later...

When the revised bible was released in English, they said that the work started 5 years ago (6 now).  But nobody knew anything about it, so nobody was waiting for it, so we just carried on happy with the one we had.  It was only until about a year before its release, when the worldwide stock of English bibles depleted and the rumors started we guessed something was afoot.

Now its here, we know about it, but now everyone else is waiting for it in their langauge.  I suppose if they waited until it was translated in all the major languages, we would still be waiting now, maybe a long time.

When the revised bible was released in English, they said that the work started 5 years ago (6 now). But nobody knew anything about it, so nobody was waiting for it, so we just carried on happy with the one we had. It was only until about a year before its release, when the worldwide stock of English bibles depleted and the rumors started we guessed something was afoot.

Now its here, we know about it, but now everyone else is waiting for it in their langauge. I suppose if they waited until it was translated in all the major languages, we would still be waiting now, maybe a long time.

The translation process is now much more speedier than a couple of years ago. A lot of work and a lot of brothers have been used to accomplish that speed.

So I think when the first bible appears on a different language the others will follow shortly after

I'm confident that the first step will be the jw Library extended to other languages and it will be announced on the next AM (hold your horses, it's just a guess :D)

But not all languages will receive a revised New World Translation. Languages where the "bi12" Bible was released in recent years won't need the "nwt" Bible, because in those languages many of the updates were already in place. When the letter on the release of the English "nwt" was read in our congregation, we were informed that the "nwt" Bible will not be available in Romanian. The Romanian edition of "bi12" was released in late 2006.

• 1 month later...

I heard it was also released in Persian - can someone confirm this Info. Baba

The Greek Scriptures were released at Twidkenham (I don't think the entire NWT) but the website only shows the 6 languages above as yet for the Revised translation.

I heard it was also released in Persian - can someone confirm this Info. Baba

If you download the Persian bible PDF, you will notice that it appears to have the Outline of Contents at the start of each book, and also a Glossary at the back, both features of the Revised NWT.

I remember meeting a French brother who is in a Persian congregation in Paris at the Twickenham Convention.  He was thrilled to have the Bible in the Persian language.

Edited by Jonathan77

If you download the Persian bible PDF, you will notice that it appears to have the Outline of Contents at the start of each book, and also a Glossary at the back, both features of the Revised NWT.

I downloaded the Persian Greek Scriptures and yes, it's the new edition.

At Matthew 11:23 it doesn't say "Hades" but "grave". And there's a footnote that says "or: Hades".

post-3805-0-61312800-1414805835.png

Besides, John 8 begins with verse 12. No footnotes, no asterisks, no box in smaller font.

I suppose it's not listed with the other languages because it's not the whole Bible.